Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A Playoff: Thomas Nelson @ Belfry
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I think so but it doesn’t matter if you good enough to win it then that shouldn’t matter but a drive like that for Thomas Nelson In the 1st round that’s a lot of money to drive down here to get beat probably bad

I doubt it will effect the outcome but it's the fact that all these teams have to travel that far in the 1st round all for the sake of trying to keep Belfry out of the title game. If people are tired of Belfry winning it then beat them out. I just don't see the need in sending kids hours away that early in the playoffs with most of them being blowout games.
What happened? Too many teams crying that they aren't good enough to make it to state because Belfry and Louisville Central. So those 2 need to play each other before the big dance so the number ? Ranked team would get a chance that they didn't (earn) to play in the finals.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:What happened? Too many teams crying that they aren't good enough to make it to state because Belfry and Louisville Central. So those 2 need to play each other before the big dance so the number ? Ranked team would get a chance that they didn't (earn) to play in the finals.

I think you got it
Belfry will roll through their side of the playoff. Central is not the normal power central, and IMO, not even as good as they were last year. As long as Belfry stays healthy they'll be playing for the regional title, IMO.
smoke1015 Wrote:Central is not the normal power centralIMO.

I expected Central to be down due to the loss of Coach Scroggins, but they are 8-2 and the losses were to Lou. Ballard 30-7 and Lou. St. X 42-7.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go Generals !
smoke1015 Wrote:Belfry will roll through their side of the playoff. Central is not the normal power central, and IMO, not even as good as they were last year. As long as Belfry stays healthy they'll be playing for the regional title, IMO.

Statistically speaking Central is considerably better than last year.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:What happened? Too many teams crying that they aren't good enough to make it to state because Belfry and Louisville Central. So those 2 need to play each other before the big dance so the number ? Ranked team would get a chance that they didn't (earn) to play in the finals.

We want to think there is a big conspiracy theory to screw Belfry but that is not true.

Noone is "out to get" Belfry.

With that said, there is 100% certainty this cross-districting mess is the direct result of trying to get a different 3A Final other than Belfry vs. Central.

Let's face it... Central doesnt bring a ton of fans and seeing Belfry and Central play every year doesn't really help lure the walk up crowd.

KHSAA is all about the $$$$$
EKUAlum05 Wrote:We want to think there is a big conspiracy theory to screw Belfry but that is not true.

With that said, there is 100% certainty this cross-districting mess is the direct result of trying to get a different 3A Final other than Belfry vs. Central.

Let's face it... Central doesnt bring a ton of fans and seeing Belfry and Central play every year doesn't really help lure the walk up crowd.

So...in other words.....the KHSAA is purposely manipulating games to ensure at least one different opponent in the finals....at the financial expense of others.

sounds like a well devised conspiracy to me.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:We want to think there is a big conspiracy theory to screw Belfry but that is not true.

Agree. Cross-bracketing (which I still don't like), wouldn't be too bad, except I think the root of the problem is dumb districting. For example, why is Belfry in District 6, when it is nearly the eastern-most school in the state? All 1A and 2A school around are District 8. Why is there no consistency? Would one of the Fulton Co. teams ever be in District 3? I don't think so. Yes, school size weighs on districting, but geography should not.

If regions were relatively consistent (west, left central, right central, and east), then cross bracketing may not be as goofy. But the origin of this problem is poor districting. Thus we have Adair Co in Region 1 Casey Co. in Region 4, and being only 35 miles apart. It makes zero sense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Let's face it... Central doesnt bring a ton of fans and seeing Belfry and Central play every year doesn't really help lure the walk up crowd.

Central's biggest fan support in the title game to date is their band which outweighs their fan attendance. Overall, I'd say Central brings 100-150 people including their band. Belfry, travels like no other. Whatever Belfry's crowd numbers are (I'd guess about 1,000-1,500 atleast), would be doubled IMO by just being closer now that the game is in Lexington.