Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 37 - Somerset 26
Danville was up at the half 27-6. Jumpers with second half comeback outscoring the Admirals 20-10. Too many empty trips to the red zone for the Jumpers to beat an elite team like Danville. #7 for Danville was the difference in this game. He had two long touchdown runs in the first half with a touchdown saving tackle on SHS #5 AND a touchdown saving pass deflection in the end zone against SHS #13. This Somerset team is capable of beating ANYONE in 2A. Congrats to Danville.
shs74 Wrote:Danville was up at the half 27-6. Jumpers with second half comeback outscoring the Admirals 20-10. Too many empty trips to the red zone for the Jumpers to beat an elite team like Danville. #7 for Danville was the difference in this game. He had two long touchdown runs in the first half with a touchdown saving tackle on SHS #5 AND a touchdown saving pass deflection in the end zone against SHS #13. This Somerset team is capable of beating ANYONE in 2A. Congrats to Danville.

Any team is capable of beating any other. Clinton County is capable of beating Trinity, but we all know that's not going to happen. Somerset while good, isn't up to par to beat the upper ranked teams in 2A. Danville while good, is giving up a lot of points. I can't see them beating LCA. Somerset would have a hard hard time with the DeSales, Mayfields of the world.
Somerset not able to hang with the elite of their class. Danville just put a whooping down.
Congrats to Danville.
ColtPride Wrote:Any team is capable of beating any other. Clinton County is capable of beating Trinity, but we all know that's not going to happen. Somerset while good, isn't up to par to beat the upper ranked teams in 2A. Danville while good, is giving up a lot of points. I can't see them beating LCA. Somerset would have a hard hard time with the DeSales, Mayfields of the world.

So how many DeSales and Mayfields are there? Somerset in top 5-6 and CAN beat top teams on a given night. This statement is buy someone that has not seen a single game they have played.
Bunnies will be a tough out. DeSales needs to worry about CAL and Mayfield.
shs74 Wrote:Danville was up at the half 27-6. Jumpers with second half comeback outscoring the Admirals 20-10. Too many empty trips to the red zone for the Jumpers to beat an elite team like Danville. #7 for Danville was the difference in this game. He had two long touchdown runs in the first half with a touchdown saving tackle on SHS #5 AND a touchdown saving pass deflection in the end zone against SHS #13. This Somerset team is capable of beating ANYONE in 2A. Congrats to Danville.

Vancleave for Danville is one of the best offensive players in this state, any class.
ColtPride Wrote:Any team is capable of beating any other. Clinton County is capable of beating Trinity, but we all know that's not going to happen. Somerset while good, isn't up to par to beat the upper ranked teams in 2A. Danville while good, is giving up a lot of points. I can't see them beating LCA. Somerset would have a hard hard time with the DeSales, Mayfields of the world.
Somerset has a good team, I felt like Danville had a let down on defense in the second half, a few turnovers, a few missed tackles. I think not having a bye week until the last week of the season is hurting them. They have key players banged up and have played a lot tougher schedule this season. I know everybody is banged up this time of year, but most everybody has had a bye week to get a break. Don Harris, the main running back is playing on one leg, if he were 100% he would not be getting tackled and Danville would have had several more scores last night. Warren was a major force on defense but has a bad shoulder and doesn't play much, Hill is the best defensive lineman has a broken thumb with a cast, Harris also is the best line backer on defense and just can't move as well. All of this adds up to Danville allowing more points on defense, but you know what, they are still undefeated. And again all teams are banged up right now, I KNOW. LCA will be a major challenge but that's going to be 2 rounds no matter who wins the first game. Danville's bye week comes the last week of the season plus first round playoff games are not usually very challenging, so if they get rested and healed and back to near 100% they can handle anybody in 2A, if not it will be tough.
E's Army Wrote:Bunnies will be a tough out. DeSales needs to worry about CAL and Mayfield.
My feelings also, I don't know what it is about some fans from the west, I guess they feel threatened by the rankings that come out. Somerset will definitely be a tough out, they have some weapons on offense and a good defense and Coach Lucas does a great job with his game planning.
Danville is a good team, I thought Somerset played them very well. As I said before look to start seeing some different stuff on offense from Somerset as you did in this game.. Somerset is a banged up team as well would have loved to have a off week before this game... lots of players not playing 100% healthy.. Somerset will be ready come play off time and should make a nice run..
bop07475 Wrote:Danville is a good team, I thought Somerset played them very well. As I said before look to start seeing some different stuff on offense from Somerset as you did in this game.. Somerset is a banged up team as well would have loved to have a off week before this game... lots of players not playing 100% healthy.. Somerset will be ready come play off time and should make a nice run..
Next week when Somerset plays LCA, you got to get to Wheatley early before he gets started and take his legs out. If you hit him high and he gets some momentum its all over. But i'm sure Coach Lucas realizes that. Good Luck next week.
Danville was just too fast!!
Predator/Prey Wrote:So how many DeSales and Mayfields are there? Somerset in top 5-6 and CAN beat top teams on a given night. This statement is buy someone that has not seen a single game they have played.

Whoa! Slow down there. Someone who hasn't seen Somerset play? How do you know that? I've seen Somerset play probably more times than you have. I go back to the Cain days. I have seen Somerset this year. I'm telling you they would not beat DeSales, Mayfield, or CAL for that fact. Not taking away from the jumpers. That's my opinion.
I'm not going to apologize for having a west side bias. How long has it been for anyone not named NCC from the east again? I see the the DeSales/CAL winner going to Mayfield. In my opinion that will be your state champ.
I would love to have a Somerset vs DeSales state final. I have plenty of friends in Somerset.
ColtPride Wrote:Whoa! Slow down there. Someone who hasn't seen Somerset play? How do you know that? I've seen Somerset play probably more times than you have. I go back to the Cain days. I have seen Somerset this year. I'm telling you they would not beat DeSales, Mayfield, or CAL for that fact. Not taking away from the jumpers. That's my opinion.
I'm not going to apologize for having a west side bias. How long has it been for anyone not named NCC from the east again? I see the the DeSales/CAL winner going to Mayfield. In my opinion that will be your state champ.
I would love to have a Somerset vs DeSales state final. I have plenty of friends in Somerset.

Just curious: Which Cain? There were two that coached Somerset. :Thumbs:
Somerset is a good football team. Matchups are the key to HS football. Beechwood run oriented (maybe because of weather), Rockcastle between the tackles running team, Hazard run-oriented with the Smith kid healthy. Somerset's interior defense is tough as it gets. Danville has a good QB and lots of speed on the perimeter. They posed a much more difficult matchup for the Jumpers. I am afraid LCA will be similar but I haven't seen them play. Those teams are going to score some points on anyone. The Jumpers have to be able to score enough to keep up. I hope they kid healthy if that's an issue for their skilled players before the playoffs. Hopefully their offense keeps improving and their defense on the perimeter. I certainly wouldn't want to face them on a cold rainy night in the playoffs.
Hatz Wrote:Just curious: Which Cain? There were two that coached Somerset. :Thumbs:

John, not Ron.
ColtPride Wrote:John, not Ron.

Also the last SHS coach to beat NewCath in the playoffs, I think. As you say, it's been a while.
ColtPride Wrote:Whoa! Slow down there. Someone who hasn't seen Somerset play? How do you know that? I've seen Somerset play probably more times than you have. I go back to the Cain days. I have seen Somerset this year. I'm telling you they would not beat DeSales, Mayfield, or CAL for that fact. Not taking away from the jumpers. That's my opinion.
How long has it been for anyone not named NCC in the east again? UH, Danville last year. But you probably couldn't remember because Desales wasn't there from the west and probably won't be this year if CAL gets their QB back, and that's my opinion.:biggrin:
West is a 3 headed monster. Anyone of the 3 can come out.
ThinThirty Wrote:How long has it been for anyone not named NCC in the east again? UH, Danville last year. But you probably couldn't remember because Desales wasn't there from the west and probably won't be this year if CAL gets their QB back, and that's my opinion.:biggrin:

I'm not talking about getting there. I'm talking about winning it. The West has dominated recently. I do remember Danville last year, I remember they got handled by the West as to my original point.
It doesn't matter if it's DeSales, Mayfield, or a full strength CAL. My opinion is one of those three will be your champ.
ColtPride Wrote:I'm not talking about getting there. I'm talking about winning it. The West has dominated recently. I do remember Danville last year, I remember they got handled by the West as to my original point.
It doesn't matter if it's DeSales, Mayfield, or a full strength CAL. My opinion is one of those three will be your champ.
Again handled is your opinion, most of Danville's trouble in that game was caused by themselves and not CAL, all the talk before that game was CAL would dominate Danville, I was there and they didn't, Danville made it fairly easy for them. In my opinion, and my east side bias, if Danville gets healthy they will handle anybody that comes from the west. And your original post made it sound like NCC was the only team from the east to make it to the title game. Mayfield is a great program and time tested, so is Danville with 10 state titles, with a few lack luster years, but they are getting back to having a strong program. As you said Desales has had recent success, hopefully Danville can see if they measure up to mighty Desales this year.:notworthyConfusednicker:
ThinThirty Wrote:Again handled is your opinion, most of Danville's trouble in that game was caused by themselves and not CAL, all the talk before that game was CAL would dominate Danville, I was there and they didn't, Danville made it fairly easy for them. In my opinion, and my east side bias, if Danville gets healthy they will handle anybody that comes from the west. And your original post made it sound like NCC was the only team from the east to make it to the title game. Mayfield is a great program and time tested, so is Danville with 10 state titles, with a few lack luster years, but they are getting back to having a strong program. As you said Desales has had recent success, hopefully Danville can see if they measure up to mighty Desales this year.:notworthyConfusednicker:
I, as an independent observer of last years game, would have said handled in my opinion too. May be different this year, but I wouldn't "make it easy for them" again.
ThinThirty Wrote:Again handled is your opinion, most of Danville's trouble in that game was caused by themselves and not CAL, all the talk before that game was CAL would dominate Danville, I was there and they didn't, Danville made it fairly easy for them. In my opinion, and my east side bias, if Danville gets healthy they will handle anybody that comes from the west. And your original post made it sound like NCC was the only team from the east to make it to the title game. Mayfield is a great program and time tested, so is Danville with 10 state titles, with a few lack luster years, but they are getting back to having a strong program. As you said Desales has had recent success, hopefully Danville can see if they measure up to mighty Desales this year.:notworthyConfusednicker:

I'm not attacking Danville. Not sure why you are trying to play that card. Am i west biased? Absolutely! Again I hope we get to meet Danville. but we have to worry about CAL, and then a trip down to Mayfield, which is a tall task.
I will say this though, we'll be a tougher task for you to handle than Waggner was. They are on the bottom side of Jefferson Co.
oldschool77 Wrote:I, as an independent observer of last years game, would have said handled in my opinion too. May be different this year, but I wouldn't "make it easy for them" again.
OK, 2 high snaps thru the end zone for two safeties, and numerous bad snaps through out the entire game, not caused by CAL, never let Danville's offense get in any rythum, and a half time locker room blow up among players set the tone for the second half, yes and it was Danville's fault made it easy for CAL, maybe independent observers don't know everything going on.:Shaking:
ColtPride Wrote:I'm not attacking Danville. Not sure why you are trying to play that card. Am i west biased? Absolutely! Again I hope we get to meet Danville. but we have to worry about CAL, and then a trip down to Mayfield, which is a tall task.
I will say this though, we'll be a tougher task for you to handle than Waggner was. They are on the bottom side of Jefferson Co.
Maybe your not attacking Danville, but your comments are way too smarmy for those people who are very competitive and love their schools. And as for Waggener Danville was already facing major injuries to top defensive players, yes again I know its part of the game. Waggener has several players that Desales can't hold a candle to.
ThinThirty Wrote:Maybe your not attacking Danville, but your comments are way too smarmy for those people who are very competitive and love their schools. And as for Waggener Danville was already facing major injuries to top defensive players, yes again I know its part of the game. Waggener has several players that Desales can't hold a candle to.

lol..OK. We are going to agree to disagree. But as you say, we are all facing injuries this time of year. No excuses. You line up with what you have. As far as your Waggener comment, nahh, i'm not going to even respond. lol
No need to, as you said we will agree to disagree
ThinThirty Wrote:OK, 2 high snaps thru the end zone for two safeties, and numerous bad snaps through out the entire game, not caused by CAL, never let Danville's offense get in any rythum, and a half time locker room blow up among players set the tone for the second half, yes and it was Danville's fault made it easy for CAL, maybe independent observers don't know everything going on.:Shaking:
I know it was 24-6 and never in doubt.
oldschool77 Wrote:I know it was 24-6 and never in doubt.
okkkkkk:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::hilarious: