Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Team Race
Mr.Mister Wrote:JC arent out of it, they are a little shaken up, but liek I said, they'll get back into sync... Thursday night just may not going to be as bad of a game as you, or anyone thinks. Have you played SV yet? No. At least the Eagles have the guts to sceduel them. Pikeville came within 7 first time you played, then 8 the next time. If the 3 isnt on, then say goodbye to that game.
JC is out of it. Case closed. It's more of a soap opera than b-ball there. Thanks for proving my point no one has come close to beating P-Ville around here. We haven't played SV yet and who said we didn't have the guts to schedule them?
tigerfanz Wrote:JC is out of it. Case closed. It's more of a soap opera than b-ball there. Thanks for proving my point no one has come close to beating P-Ville around here. We haven't played SV yet and who said we didn't have the guts to schedule them?

Cant you read.. the way your making Paintsville sound is no one is comming within 20 points of them, and isn't the case... I said they dont have the guts, why else wouldnt they be on the Paintsville schedule..
Mr.Mister Wrote:Cant you read.. the way your making Paintsville sound is no one is comming within 20 points of them, and isn't the case... I said they dont have the guts, why else wouldnt they be on the Paintsville schedule..
I can read but it's kind of hard when you can't spell. Use spellcheck before you post. You tell me why they aren't on the schedule. Paintsville and Shelby Valley are by far better than anyone else in the Region.
tigerfanz Wrote:I can read but it's kind of hard when you can't spell. Use spellcheck before you post. You tell me why they aren't on the schedule. Paintsville and Shelby Valley are by far better than anyone else in the Region.

Oh, I am so sorry.. two missed apostrophes and an extra m in coming... Is it really that hard? Well I guess it is for you apparently... But who could blame you.. It sounds as if you were educated at Paintsville... Back to the point, I am asking you the question why Valley aren't on Paintsville's schedule considering you are such an expert on them, and on the 15th Region... Saying teams are out of it and what not. You only wished you could make those calls. Save it.
Mr.Mister Wrote:Cant you read.. the way your making Paintsville sound is no one is comming within 20 points of them, and isn't the case... I said they dont have the guts, why else wouldnt they be on the Paintsville schedule..

FIVE - Can't - You're - Coming - Don't - Wouldn't.

LOL! But, heck I've seen worse. Heck I've posted worse! LOL!
kyr450 Wrote:Im not bias against paintsville any team that lives by the 3 like they do is very very beatable, trust me I guarantee I have seen them play more than you...

An who ever said Valley is very well coached is crazy, Booher is a horrible coach, I played for him at Belfry, he is an idiot, Valley is just very talented...

I guess you didn't get to play then. It's funny how that usually makes a coach "horrible". Or you were one of the ones he had to kick off, they usually makes a coach "horrible" too. He doesn't seem to be too horrible since he has been to the last 2 regional championships, and possible his 3rd straight this year. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a bad coach...sorry!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yeah but all the people that won their district last year shouldn't have, lol.

OK, so no one on this forum picked Paintsville to win the 57th district last season? No one picked Prestonsburg to win the 58th? Pike Central with Brad Lowe in the 60th? OK. :notworthy
Agreed that Paintsville and Shelby Valley should be the favorite and it would be a major upset if neither one wins the 15th but that's the reason they play these things. Neither one has an advantage over the other. They both are good teams and can be great at times. Belfry and Maggofin County are two teams that can't be counted out and could pull an upset. JMO.
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:Completely agree, the best team does not always win region. I do think SV and Paintsville are the two top teams but are not a lock. I remember a dominating SV team going to South Floyd in 2000 (I think) beating them by like 60+ and then in district SF beat Allen Central in the finals by about 50. Long story short AC beat SV at SV in opening round of region and SF won the region that year. The region is about the draw and who can get hot and play the best for 3 games.
Ok, the SV/SF score was 84-26 and the Allen Central/SF score was like 80-50 or something.
Ok. Let's see
Just go ahead put Shelby Valley and Paintsville in the finals of the 15th region.
On second thoughts that's the reason you play the Districts and the other games in the regional tournament.
If SV and Paintsville wins the Districts, then they could play each other in the semi's of the region. Then another team eventually has to make it the finals.
This is why you play the games.
HazzBeen Wrote:I guess you didn't get to play then. It's funny how that usually makes a coach "horrible". Or you were one of the ones he had to kick off, they usually makes a coach "horrible" too. He doesn't seem to be too horrible since he has been to the last 2 regional championships, and possible his 3rd straight this year. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a bad coach...sorry!

Talent was what got him to the regional championships and if Grimm was given three freethrows like he deserved, he wouldm't have made it the first time. Also just because you like him doesn't make him a good coach.
Ok Basketball Jones...Keep talking about all the talent SV had, and if this had happen then he wouldn't have won. The fact is basektball jones is that he has won at SV when he was supposed to (2005), when he wasn't supposed to (2006) and now this year he has proven that they can play with anyone in the state with mostly freshman playing. It has been a long time (since Painstville ) that we could say that about a team in the mountains. He has won more games than any coach in the 15th the last 3 seasons with 64 wins.
diamondthehacker Wrote:Ok. Let's see
Just go ahead put Shelby Valley and Paintsville in the finals of the 15th region.
On second thoughts that's the reason you play the Districts and the other games in the regional tournament.
If SV and Paintsville wins the Districts, then they could play each other in the semi's of the region. Then another team eventually has to make it the finals.
Wow our first certified 15th Region Genius!:Thumbs: I am glad you clarified why they play the games for me.
Let the other teams play before we crown a champion
HazzBeen Wrote:Ok Basketball Jones...Keep talking about all the talent SV had, and if this had happen then he wouldn't have won. The fact is basektball jones is that he has won at SV when he was supposed to (2005), when he wasn't supposed to (2006) and now this year he has proven that they can play with anyone in the state with mostly freshman playing. .
how old are these freshman ?
diamondthehacker Wrote:Ok. Let's see

I took into consideration that they may meet in the semi's when I started this thread that is why I worded it the way I did. I did not say they will meet in the championship! So I stand by my original thought, it is a 2 team race & one of the two will be seen in Rupp in March!
Larry Legend Wrote:Ok, the SV/SF score was 84-26 and the Allen Central/SF score was like 80-50 or something.
I checked SF's scheduale for that year on the Khsaa website
AC game Score 99-70--Big difference between 29 and 50 Johnny Fairplay

SV game score 26-84 like Larry Legand said...58pts but not exactly 60+

Just figured I clear that up.

*AC beat SV that year 57-52, and lost to SF 58-62 in the finals...they had beaten SF twice earlier that year 63-61 @ AC and 77-67 @ SF.

*SV had beaten SF prior to the 58pt blowout in the WYMT 63-45 and had only lost to Clark County and Bourban County prior to the AC loss and had blown everyone else in the region out.

Just a little research that I figured would be an interesting post.
OffTheHook Wrote:FIVE - Can't - You're - Coming - Don't - Wouldn't.

LOL! But, heck I've seen worse. Heck I've posted worse! LOL!

....you got me.:igiveup: :thumpsup:
No doubt SV and Paintsville are the best two teams in the 15th, both undefeated in Region play. But ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING is possible in March! They don't call it March Madness for nothing. Last year is the best example, all four district winners lost in the first round. And I disagree with you "Comeflywithme" on your statement that all of the best teams didn't win their district last year. That is not true.

You guys can debate this topic all you want, but we'll just have to wait until March and find out!
basketballjones Wrote:Talent was what got him to the regional championships and if Grimm was given three freethrows like he deserved, he wouldm't have made it the first time. Also just because you like him doesn't make him a good coach.

Last thing I have to say to you Basketball Jones. First of all Grimm should have made his free throws and you wouldn't have to worry about how many shots he got. Second, I believe everyone on this site knows who has the most talent in the 15th region and has had the most talent and that is Painstville, and they have yet to win a game in the tournament with them. So go and bash BMR if you want to bash coaches. I think we all know he can coach too. Anyway, Painstville and Belfry were the 2 favorites last year with their TALENT, and Booher and SV beat them both with their less talented team. So keep telling yourself that talent is what makes him win games if it lets you sleep better, I won't waste my time arguing with you anymore. Good players need good coaches to keep them playing the game the right way and if you ask me and if you have watched SV play this year, team ball is what they are all about.
Once again Paintsville is the favorite and everyone else is playing for second. Shelby Valley has a shot...but everyone else should just throw in the towel....call me crazy...but the Paintsville will win it all is starting to sound like a broken record...
HazzBeen Wrote:Last thing I have to say to you Basketball Jones. First of all Grimm should have made his free throws and you wouldn't have to worry about how many shots he got. Second, I believe everyone on this site knows who has the most talent in the 15th region and has had the most talent and that is Painstville, and they have yet to win a game in the tournament with them. So go and bash BMR if you want to bash coaches. I think we all know he can coach too. Anyway, Painstville and Belfry were the 2 favorites last year with their TALENT, and Booher and SV beat them both with their less talented team. So keep telling yourself that talent is what makes him win games if it lets you sleep better, I won't waste my time arguing with you anymore. Good players need good coaches to keep them playing the game the right way and if you ask me and if you have watched SV play this year, team ball is what they are all about.

:thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr.Mister Wrote:It sounds as if you were educated at Paintsville...

Hold up now... How many JC kids have transferred to Paintsville then had to turn around and go back because they couldn't make the grades???
Redneck Wrote:Hold up now... How many JC kids have transferred to Paintsville then had to turn around and go back because they couldn't make the grades???
Bunches.....And on that...have you ever heard of a kid leaving JC because they couldn't make the grades???