Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 70 Pulaski County 22 (5A State Championship)
Final.

This one was tied at 22 at the half. :yikes:

BG remains the team to beat in 5A and the state.
Congrats to BG
Wow, got very ugly, very fast.
Well it was a great game until halftime. Coach Hines had a great game plan, but injuries and lack of depth lost it for Pulaski County. That's how it has been all year with this Purple team. They make the right adjustments at halftime and finish the job in the second half. PC was gassed in the 2nd half. Jake Johnson is the real deal and was a beast until he got hurt. He still came back later limping visibly. My wife asked me why didn't they take him out and I said it's his last game and he probably refused to leave the field. Hats off to the Maroons on a great year. Bowling Green graduates a bunch of seniors, but the next great team is ready to take their turn.
adopted purple Wrote:Well it was a great game until halftime. Coach Hines had a great game plan, but injuries and lack of depth lost it for Pulaski County. That's how it has been all year with this Purple team. They make the right adjustments at halftime and finish the job in the second half. PC was gassed in the 2nd half. Jake Johnson is the real deal and was a beast until he got hurt. He still came back later limping visibly. My wife asked me why didn't they take him out and I said it's his last game and he probably refused to leave the field. Hats off to the Maroons on a great year. Bowling Green graduates a bunch of seniors, but the next great team is ready to take their turn.

His dad is a Johnson Central grad and is considered one of the best all around athletes to ever play at JC.
Johnson deserves Mr.Football. His career was remarkable. If he doesnt get it then its due to politics. Coach Stoops should give that kid an offer today. No doubt he can play at that level as a possession receiver.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Johnson deserves Mr.Football. His career was remarkable. If he doesnt get it then its due to politics. Coach Stoops should give that kid an offer today. No doubt he can play at that level as a possession receiver.

He is going to make someone a prototype slot receiver.

If I am a MAC school or a school like WKU or Marshall I am all over him.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He is going to make someone a prototype slot receiver.

If I am a MAC school or a school like WKU or Marshall I am all over him.

Hell of a player he will be playing somewhere on Saturday's
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Hell of a player he will be playing somewhere on Saturday's
Absolutely. That kid has god given talent. How to read, react, speed, hands, the timing of catching the ball at the right time. Good kid, grades and stays out of trouble. But this game didn't do him any justice.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Johnson deserves Mr.Football. His career was remarkable. If he doesnt get it then its due to politics. Coach Stoops should give that kid an offer today. No doubt he can play at that level as a possession receiver.

I really hope that Stoops will pursue him! Jake Johnson is a carbon copy of Derek Abney!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Hats off to BG, they have talent all over the sideline. I was amazed at the athletes they have at each position.

Jake Johnson is hands down the best football player to ever come through Pulaski County. He has STARTED 60 career games (most possible), and been the best athlete on the field. He helped create statewide recognition and respect for Pulaski's football program. Beyond that, he has all the intangibles a college coach could ask for at the next level. Unreal hands, great route running, shifty, coachable, and plays 100% every snap. It is an absolute SHAME he is getting overlooked due to size. Watch a patriots game on Sundays, he will be every bit as big as Julian Edleman when he hits the college weight program.

Why wouldn't UK/WKU/EKU go after an in state athlete like this and roll the dice on the size, because he's a proven winner? If he ends up going NAIA, he will be all American 4 years running and break every record at that school. You heard it here first. I'm pissed off for them overlooking the guy with the heart, talent and drive to be a winner anytime he takes the field.

0 question he should be Mr. Football, his stats say it all.
Maroon Junction Boy Wrote:Hats off to BG, they have talent all over the sideline. I was amazed at the athletes they have at each position.

Jake Johnson is hands down the best football player to ever come through Pulaski County. He has STARTED 60 career games (most possible), and been the best athlete on the field. He helped create statewide recognition and respect for Pulaski's football program. Beyond that, he has all the intangibles a college coach could ask for at the next level. Unreal hands, great route running, shifty, coachable, and plays 100% every snap. It is an absolute SHAME he is getting overlooked due to size. Watch a patriots game on Sundays, he will be every bit as big as Julian Edleman when he hits the college weight program.

Why wouldn't UK/WKU/EKU go after an in state athlete like this and roll the dice on the size, because he's a proven winner? If he ends up going NAIA, he will be all American 4 years running and break every record at that school. You heard it here first. I'm pissed off for them overlooking the guy with the heart, talent and drive to be a winner anytime he takes the field.

0 question he should be Mr. Football, his stats say it all.

There is absolutely no reason that a FCS school shouldn't offer him. NONE WHATSOEVER.

I will go as far as to say he is every bit as good as the Braxton Berrios kid that plays for Miami that was heavily recruited by UK.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:Absolutely. That kid has god given talent. How to read, react, speed, hands, the timing of catching the ball at the right time. Good kid, grades and stays out of trouble. But this game didn't do him any justice.

He had 10 catches for 88 yards and a TD in the one half he played while leading his team to tie game at the half.
Carothers from BG should be Mr. kentucky!!