Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All District
Who do you all think will make the all district team in your district?
OK. Don't you think this is a little early.
^You could have a preseason all district as they do in the ncaa with preseason all american players. Something to talk about which is what this site is for anyway, right?
How about we try to name 2 people for every infield position, 1 utility infielder, 5 outfielders, 5 pitchers. This would give us our 21 man roster.
Don't name anyone to 2 different positions.(if you are nominated as a pitcher, then you can't be nominated as a second baseman, so on, and so forth.
To start....I am going to throw out some names.
All 57th Dist.

PITCHERS

1)Matt Fyffe JCHS
2)Justin Blanton JCHS
3)Shane Grimm PHS
4)Mike Conley JCHS
5)Brady Horn SCHS

CATCHERS

1)Corey Adams PHS
2)Kid from Lawrence LCHS

1ST BASEMEN

1)Kyle Sublett PHS
2)Chase Richardson JCHS

2ND BASEMEN

1)Dillon Baldwin JCHS
2)Travis Ison PHS

3RD BASEMEN

1)Daniel Harless SCHS
2)JD Vanhoose PHS

SHORTSTOP

1)Daniel Pugh PHS
2)???

UTILITY INFIELDER

1)Jeff Cyrus LCHS

OUTFIELDER

1)Cory Humphrey PHS
2)Jeremy Stacy JCHS
3)???
4)???
5)???

Help out!!!
^
Pitchers: 1 - Shane Grimm, PHS 2 - Matt Fyffe, JCHS 3 - Justin Blanton, JCHS
4 - Morgan Roberts, LCHS 5 - Mike Conley, JCHS

Catchers: 1 - Tim Hayes, LCHS 2 - Corey Adams, PHS

1st, 2nd, 3rd Basemen: I agree

SS: 1 - Daniel Pugh, PHS 2 - Morgan Roberts, LCHS (I know you said not to name to 2 spots, but he is a great SS and P)
58th District
*********With the exception of Josh Rodebaugh of Prestonsburg, all the top players are from Allen Central. Rodebaugh would probably be the second best player in the district behind Scott Little of ACHS. I'm not sure who South Floyd or Betsy Layne would have returning who would take first place honors at any position in the district. The upcoming season could prove me wrong, and I hope it does as I would like to see some up and coming players from these teams to see them become competitive around the region. That is where I stand for now though with these being the top players from the 58th:

1 -- Scott Little, Allen Central
2 -- Josh Rodebaugh, Prestonsburg
3 -- Josh Prater, Allen Central
4 -- Alex Hammonds, Allen Central
5 -- Ethan Conley, Allen Central
6 -- Logan Crowder, Allen Central
7 -- Seth Setser, PHS
8 -- Allen Craynor, PHS
9 -- Justin Slone, SFHS
10 -- Chad Nelson, ACHS
11 -- Hunter Crowder, ACHS

** I'm not sure who BLHS has returning as upperclassmen. They weren't very strong last year JV wise though, and from what I understand they lost many varsity players this season.
53rd
Pitcher
1.Skyler Sexton LCC (good all around pitcher)
2.Corey Gamble Cordia (decent velocity needs a little work on the curve)
3.Evan Potter KCC (very nice young pitcher)
4.Ryne Conley JBS (Senior this year and has good velocity around 80 on a good day needs to work on curve)
5.Brad Little JBS (decent pitcher when hes on)

Catcher
1. Mike Hogg LCC
2. Brandon Smith KCC (a close race between these two)

1st base
1.Zach Gibson
2. not sure
2nd base
1.Colt Cook LCC
2.Corey Ritchie KCC
3rd base
1.Sam Sparkman JBS (usually 2nd base but i hear from JBS players he will move to 3rd)
2. Travis Hudson Cordia
SS
1.Jonathan Adams LCC
2.Ryan Hall KCC
Utility
1.???? Not sure
OF
1.Tucker LCC
2-5. not sure

Any one else that follows this district feel free to correct me or add players.
catsman Wrote:53rd
Pitcher
4.Ryne Conley JBS (Senior this year and has good velocity around 80 on a good day needs to work on curve)

Catcher
1. Mike Hogg LCC

1st base
1.Zach Gibson
2. not sure
2nd base
1.Colt Cook LCC
2.Corey Ritchie KCC
3rd base
1.Sam Sparkman JBS (usually 2nd base but i hear from JBS players he will move to 3rd)
2. Travis Hudson Cordia
SS
1.Jonathan Adams LCC
2.Ryan Hall KCC
Utility
1.???? Not sure
OF
1.Tucker LCC
2-5. not sure

Pretty good.
Pitcher

Catcher
1. Mike Hogg LCC

1st base
1.Zach Gibson
2. not sure
2nd base
1.Colt Cook LCC
2.Corey Ritchie KCC
3rd base
2. Travis Hudson Cordia
SS
1.Jonathan Adams LCC
2.Ryan Hall KCC
Utility
1.???? Not sure
OF
1.Tucker LCC
2-5. not sure

Very good list catsman.
Pitcher

Catcher
1. Mike Hogg LCC

1st base
1.Zach Gibson
2. not sure
2nd base
1.Colt Cook LCC
2.Corey Ritchie KCC
3rd base
2. Travis Hudson Cordia
SS
1.Jonathan Adams LCC
2.Ryan Hall KCC
Utility
1.???? Not sure
OF
1.Tucker LCC
2-5. not sure

i would put amburgey in the outfield finished with no errors last year if memory servem me right
Anybody do the 59th ??
nolookpass Wrote:i would put amburgey in the outfield finished with no errors last year if memory servem me right

This is probably true but where did you get all this information because iwouldnt mind knowing all the stats.
Pacman Wrote:58th District
*********With the exception of Josh Rodebaugh of Prestonsburg, all the top players are from Allen Central. Rodebaugh would probably be the second best player in the district behind Scott Little of ACHS. I'm not sure who South Floyd or Betsy Layne would have returning who would take first place honors at any position in the district. The upcoming season could prove me wrong, and I hope it does as I would like to see some up and coming players from these teams to see them become competitive around the region. That is where I stand for now though with these being the top players from the 58th:

1 -- Scott Little, Allen Central
2 -- Josh Rodebaugh, Prestonsburg
3 -- Josh Prater, Allen Central
4 -- Alex Hammonds, Allen Central
5 -- Ethan Conley, Allen Central
6 -- Logan Crowder, Allen Central
7 -- Seth Setser, PHS
8 -- Allen Craynor, PHS
9 -- Justin Slone, SFHS
10 -- Chad Nelson, ACHS
11 -- Hunter Crowder, ACHS

** I'm not sure who BLHS has returning as upperclassmen. They weren't very strong last year JV wise though, and from what I understand they lost many varsity players this season.
Justin Slone graduated from SFHS and is now at Alice Lloyd. Colby Hayes and Adam Slone should make all District this season.
#_4 Wrote:Justin Slone graduated from SFHS and is now at Alice Lloyd. Colby Hayes and Adam Slone should make all District this season.

Sorry about that! I thought he was a senior this year. I heard that the Hayes kid went to Pikeville to play golf. Maybe it was Adam Slone that I was thinking about instead of Justin Slone. Who else does South Floyd have that may make an impact this season?
Hayes went to Pikeville earlier in the year but only stayed a few weeks and is back at South Floyd.. They are returning 5-6 starters from last year but they still lack a coach that will push them to their potential or even make them have practice.
SF is returning Adam SLone, Colby Hayes, Kody Howell, Tyler Mitchell and Cody Cook. I can't think of anyone else returning who started last season. I know they lost TJ Hall and Justin Slone to graduation.
^ The Hayes kid, IMO, is a very talented player. If the coach worked with him, he would no doubt be one of the top 5 players in the 58th District. He still may be even without that help. Kody Howell is a decent player. South Floyd will have a few talented players.