Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elizabethtown 35 caldwell co 10 final
sadness in princeton
55.... we tried to tell you...

Maybe it's time to stop riding those Great West Hopes in 3A.
amen
Congrats E-town.
And another Amen! Starting to get old. Anyone that plays Mayfield is going to surprise everyone, yada yada yada
The Caldwell - Adair Co results should have been instructive.
I tried to say last week, without any disrespect to Caldwell, that Etown is a good team.
Figured this one to be much closer.
Congrats to ETown
Caldwell losing J. Riley to injury early on was a big blow to any balance on offense. Best wishes to the kid, hoping its not serious. Etown has been peaking at the right time and earned the victory. Good luck next week!! Another great season Caldwell.
55 what happened
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:55 what happened

Exactly what trueblue said. 55 didn't listen even though trueblue had seen both teams, and 55 had not.
I watched some of the game and don't think either one of them was really very good,Etown just looked better because Caldwell is not very good..i think Central will be in the finals
Most didn't give Etown any credit, but they got some key players back healthy at the right time which obviously has made a huge difference.
#14 is absolutely crazy quick, he is like trying to catch a mouse.
#36 has a great combo of speed and power.
And one of the biggest factors that no one has mentioned is the size and strength of their line.
I would really like to know more about #57 if anyone from Etown cares to share his story. If you watch the film from last night you will see the kind of havoc he creates. PT didn't do a good job of blocking him and he was disrupting every play on his side of the field. Caldwell must have seen that and they were unsuccessfully trying to double and even triple team him. When you have to do that there are other defenders free to create havoc untouched.
Even through that he still made several sacks and was always a disruption. Caldwell was playing 9 or 10 on 11 all night.
For that reason alone I would call him one of the biggest factors of the game.
I didn't realize Riley went down. Was he still injured from the Mayfield game? Seems like he went out when Mayfield started the comeback. That is their fastest player.

I can't believe Etown getting that one. I watched WPSD and the ref took 1 td away from Caldwell that had them up 17-14. That resulted in a series of turnovers which led to Etown going up 21-10. Once Caldwell gets down like that they just kind of give up. I have witnessed that myself over the past few years.
Still making excuses.:eyeroll:
I have never seen a team regress like Caldwell this year starting in the playoffs, I know they couldn't beat Central or Belfry, but something is bad wrong here, anyone who has seen them play the last two games knows this. All you have to do is look at their schedule to see that they have went backwards, I don't know why maybe it's within the team. Last year Caldwell had the better team, this year E Town did, but they were clearly beatable, then in the third quarter Caldwell just quit like they do most of the time when they are down. No team should score 30 points in one quarter in what was a close game for 3 and one half, looked like no pride and no heart.
If you call that an excuse. Not a very good one. They do give up if they get down more than 1 score. I mean, it's obvious by the score that the better team must have won. I just wished one our west Ky breatheran would step up.
Mayfield has broad shoulders carrying the weight of the far west.
mysonis55 Wrote:If you call that an excuse. Not a very good one. They do give up if they get down more than 1 score. I mean, it's obvious by the score that the better team must have won. I just wished one our west Ky breatheran would step up.

No excuse, not meant to be one 55, 27 points combined in two games won't win many games at this point, like I said E Town was the better team, as far as stepping up, Caldwell did step up for Mayfield in 98.
You are correct. I thoroughly enjoyed that come from behind win in 98. I think they were down 4 scores going into the 4th and came back to win.
That was right after we got our butts handed to us at the hands of Middlesboro.
Tica Wrote:sadness in princeton

This shows how weak the west is :biglmao:
E-town will get blown out in the next game.
Crossbones Wrote:Still making excuses.:eyeroll:

sadly, I have to agree with you for once.
pjdoug Wrote:sadly, I have to agree with you for once.

We've actually agreed a time or two!
Crossbones Wrote:We've actually agreed a time or two!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the filthy pirates.
The west is weak??? There are fixing to win 1a, 2a, 4a and 5a. Real weak.