1A
0-10 South Floyd
0-10 Caverna
1-9 Jenkins

2A
0-9 Shawnee
1-9 Newport
1-9 Green County

No 0-10 or 1-9 teams are in the playoffs from 3A or 4A.

5A
1-9 Grayson County
1-9 Lincoln County
1-9 Barren County

6A
1-9 GRC
1-9 J-Town
1-9 Seneca
1-9 Boone County

I'll update this after the 1st round to show to scores.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Hear this argument a lot but what does it hurt? If they lose 1) who cares 2) gate money for the home team

If they win 1) upset 2) can change the whole outlook of playoffs - like NCAA tournament is how I like to view it.
Going to be some beat downs Friday.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hear this argument a lot but what does it hurt? If they lose 1) who cares 2) gate money for the home team

If they win 1) upset 2) can change the whole outlook of playoffs - like NCAA tournament is how I like to view it.

the home team make some money. but people like me, save there money when there team played one of these team. way would anyone want to watch a game, knowing when you go to it, it will be over by half time.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:1A
0-10 South Floyd
0-10 Caverna
1-9 Jenkins

2A
0-9 Shawnee
1-9 Newport
1-9 Green County

5A
1-9 Grayson County
1-9 Lincoln County
1-9 Barren County

6A
1-9 GRC
1-9 J-Town
1-9 Seneca
1-9 Boone County

I don't think a team 0-10 should be in the playoff. it is like telling these team it is ok, they can still get in the playoffs just for playing football.
Don't have districts. No reason we can't just have regions and get the top 8 from each region instead of having districts. No real reason to have 6 classes either. 5 classes would strengthen things a bit.
The 0-10 and 1-9 teams I could go either way but what I hate is when a district only has 3 and it's paired district has 4. The number 1 team in the district that has 3 gets a bye while the other does not. 1 less game in playoffs can mean alot.
I make this argument every year... but we only have 6 classes so more teams can have a chance at post-season play.

Every other KHSAA sport has a District or Regional tournament that allows every team to have at least one post-season contest.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Iam4thecats Wrote:Don't have districts. No reason we can't just have regions and get the top 8 from each region instead of having districts. No real reason to have 6 classes either. 5 classes would strengthen things a bit.

That'd be money. I wish they'd treat regions like they do college conferences in football. Treat one district like the SEC East, and you have to play all of those every year. The other? Make it like the SEC West and have a two year cycle where you have to play 2-3 other teams. That would leave room for scheduling 2-3 "non conference" games like colleges do.

It'd make for a lot less scheduling headache; that's for dang sure.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I make this argument every year... but we only have 6 classes so more teams can have a chance at post-season play.

Every other KHSAA sport has a District or Regional tournament that allows every team to have at least one post-season contest.

And you can lose in the post season in baseball and basketball and still advance!Wth is that all about??But we just keep beating this dead horse!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I make this argument every year... but we only have 6 classes so more teams can have a chance at post-season play.

They'll never do that. It would eliminate Lville and private schools early from each other.
I personally get tired of hearing this same sad story every year. Guys, it's not about you. It is about the kids playing the game. I have yet to hear any kids complaining that they have to play an extra game. I'm sure they don't want their seasons to end at the end of the regular season. If you don't like the games, as someone said above, stay home. Consider it a bye week and go to a movie. Let the rest of us enjoy another week of play.
Guess you haven't heard of the 13 guys down at Unaka, then.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/2...am&lp=1&p=
They may have had one in Russia too. What the heck has that got to do with Ky Football? We are still talking about KHSAA football playoffs. To date, I haven't heard of one complaint. Fulton City over here barely has enough boys in the school to play football. But every year, they relish the chance to load up on a bus and travel hours to go play their last game of the year. I remember all those years Caverna would have to come to Mayfield to play. They didn't complain and a lot of their people enjoyed tailgating with us. It's for the kids, not couch potatoes. Let them play, if you don't want to go then don't. Take a week to go fishing, deer hunting, watch a movie or something. A bunch of us still enjoy it. Esp someone like me and my son who understand that we are down to at most 5 games with him wearing the magical red helmet.
Should play 11 game regular season schedule and top 2 teams in each district should be in playoffs not all 4 teams. 0-10 1-9 teams should not be in playoffs! make for a better playoffs. I know that the state want all teams or players to get to play more but if you cant win in regular season you are not going to beat a team 10-0 or 9-1.I like to how many 1-9 or 0-10 teams have beat a 10-0 or 9-1 team if anyone knows please post.
mysonis55 Wrote:I personally get tired of hearing this same sad story every year. Guys, it's not about you. It is about the kids playing the game. I have yet to hear any kids complaining that they have to play an extra game. I'm sure they don't want their seasons to end at the end of the regular season. If you don't like the games, as someone said above, stay home. Consider it a bye week and go to a movie. Let the rest of us enjoy another week of play.

Bingo.

Not to mention, the playoffs are voted on by the SCHOOLS.
The coaches/AD's put in there votes as to how many teams they want to see in the playoffs.
The KHSAA gives them that choice. If you don't like it, see how your school votes and go if you disagree, talk to them about it. Personally I love the way the playoffs are set up but would rather see it be 5 classes. Anything less is never going to happen, not that id want it too, but erase that from your memory because its never going back. I would like to see the drop from 6 to 5 but its out of our hands.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:1A
0-10 South Floyd
0-10 Caverna
1-9 Jenkins

2A
0-9 Shawnee
1-9 Newport
1-9 Green County

5A
1-9 Grayson County
1-9 Lincoln County
1-9 Barren County

6A
1-9 GRC
1-9 J-Town
1-9 Seneca
1-9 Boone County

Let's not forget our great season of 1-9 at Middlesboro.
Where does the gate money go in the playoffs? North vs south tonite are charging 10 for adults and 5 for kids. Thats alot of money for say a family of 5 to watch a local high game. I think south just gets travel expenses. does most stay with the home team or khsaa get most of it?
ky playmaker Wrote:Where does the gate money go in the playoffs? North vs south tonite are charging 10 for adults and 5 for kids. Thats alot of money for say a family of 5 to watch a local high game. I think south just gets travel expenses. does most stay with the home team or khsaa get most of it?
That's extortion of parents in my book. $10 bucks is a bit much. It would be great if it were like in college,where players get family passes. The players and parents spend money and time provide the product for the school. They also contribute to the booster program and participate in fund raisers. If a kid plays 12 football games and 30 basketball games, a family of 3 (not counting the player) can spend over $500 or more during the year on admission.
oldschool77 Wrote:That's extortion of parents in my book. $10 bucks is a bit much. It would be great if it were like in college,where players get family passes. The players and parents spend money and time provide the product for the school. They also contribute to the booster program and participate in fund raisers. If a kid plays 12 football games and 30 basketball games, a family of 3 (not counting the player) can spend over $500 or more during the year on admission.

A Semi-Final game in Georgia is 15.00 per ticket for adults.

I actually don't mind it at all to be honest, because they use that money to make sure the Championships are top notch productions and to make sure the Championship Games are all broadcast on PBS
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A Semi-Final game in Georgia is 15.00 per ticket for adults.

I actually don't mind it at all to be honest, because they use that money to make sure the Championships are top notch productions and to make sure the Championship Games are all broadcast on PBS

so your saying khsaa gets the biggest chunk? does khsaa set the price?
A semi-final game in Georgia, and a first-round game between a 6-4 and 5-5 team are not exactly the same. I mean no disrespect to the Laurel county teams in saying that. Certainly increasing prices with each round is reasonable. My point is that parents are already spending money and time to provide for their kids to play, which generates income for the school and KHSAA. It would be nice if they did not have to pay again to see the result of their time and money. It is not a personal issue for me, but for some families I am sure it is. The countless hours and gas money spent going to and from practice,and selling fund-raiser products should be more than enough payment to watch their kids play. Just a thought.
ky playmaker Wrote:so your saying khsaa gets the biggest chunk? does khsaa set the price?

I am talking about Georgia... LOL

But yes the GHSA sets the price and uses the pot of the proceeds to put on the Finals, reimburse teams that were losing money, etc. You pay more for a ticket but it is easier on the teams and sets up for an AWESOME finals weekend
oldschool77 Wrote:A semi-final game in Georgia, and a first-round game between a 6-4 and 5-5 team are not exactly the same. I mean no disrespect to the Laurel county teams in saying that. Certainly increasing prices with each round is reasonable. My point is that parents are already spending money and time to provide for their kids to play, which generates income for the school and KHSAA. It would be nice if they did not have to pay again to see the result of their time and money. It is not a personal issue for me, but for some families I am sure it is. The countless hours and gas money spent going to and from practice,and selling fund-raiser products should be more than enough payment to watch their kids play. Just a thought.

I am a fan of increasing it each round:

First Round- $7 or $8
Second Round- $8-$10
Third Round $10-$12
Semi's- $15

I see your argument and think it is legit. Maybe each player has the ability to get up to 4 passes (in case they have a split family) at the start of the week from the school for like $5.00 per person regardless of which Round? This offers a break but also makes sure it doesn't get abused by handing them out to any cousin's uncle's nephew that just wants to cut a corner. They have until like Tuesday to purchase the pass or else it is gone.
heard just now south vs north will be 5 dollars for adults and kids.
I certainly agree with the tiered price idea. I was thinking more about regular season with family passes. The playoffs not necessarily included. I did think $10 sounded a little steep. Glad to hear it was not the case.
The gate money is split 50 50. At McCracken every body has to buy a ticket even if you have a season ticket or chair seat, this is a KHSAA rule period. Tickets are $5.00.
These playoffs are a joke just like having 6 classes. Trinity was up 42 to 0 in the first quarter. Why does the state let schools year after year get embarrassed like this?