Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scimmages
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:On the 12th at Richlands VA. And on the 18th we scrimmage
Rockcastle at Hazard

I thought teams were only allowed one scrimmage?
Stupid rule, you can do 2 if you don't play week 0. KHSAA at its finest.
Goingdeep Wrote:I thought teams were only allowed one scrimmage?

You get two as long as you dont play Week 0 and give up your BYE week
1 scrimmage in. Kentucky 1 tennessee 0.
I Rule The World Wrote:Leslie, Corbin & Harlan Co. @ Harlan County.
This was a great scrimmage last year at Corbin.. All three teams are better than they were last year and it should be a great one to attend. A lot of hitting going on I'm sure..

Date 08-11-16 Thursday @ 6.00pm. :popcorn:
Who all is playing in the SEKC at Knox Central on Friday

I know Bell County and Knox Central but is there anyone else
wildcats fan Wrote:Who all is playing in the SEKC at Knox Central on Friday

That is the only one
wildcats fan Wrote:Who all is playing in the SEKC at Knox Central on Friday

Pretty sure Williamsburg vs Middlesboro in SEKC also. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Pretty sure Williamsburg vs Middlesboro in SEKC also. :popcorn:

I think Williamsburg vs Middlesboro is at Pineville
6:30 at Louisville. Long way to drive for a Mustang to get whipped. But it makes you better.
Pikeville v Fairland OH Thursday at 6:30 at Pikeville
On Friday, August 12th at 6:30PM

Harrison County will host a 4-team scrimmage with GRC, Taylor County, and Frankfort as the other participants.

http://www.cynthianademocrat.com/content...and-sunday

First on Friday, the preseason scrimmage begins the action starting at 6:30 p.m. Play will take place on the game field in the Athletic Complex and the adjacent practice field.

The first series will have the Thorobreds facing George Rogers Clark on the field while Taylor County and Frankfort will square off on the practice field.

Each match up is scheduled for 30 minutes. Game two will have the Breds and Taylor County on the practice field and Frankfort and George Rogers Clark on the game field. The third game will have the Breds and the Panthers on the game field while the two Cardinals will square off on the practice field.

The final action will be a 45-minute session on the game field with the four teams alternating on defense and offense. Each game and the final session will have a running clock.

Officials from the Central Kentucky Football Officials Association will monitor the games. Concessions will be available.
Maroon and White Wrote:Pikeville v Fairland OH Thursday at 6:30 at Pikeville

Should be a very tough game and matchup for Pikeville. Hopefully the Panthers come out of this game alive and able to walk :flame:
TigerBlues Wrote:Should be a very tough game and matchup for Pikeville. Hopefully the Panthers come out of this game alive and able to walk :flame:

Fairland was 0-10 in 2015.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.jsp...&year=2015

Fairland 2015 Football (0-10)

8/28 H Johnson Central (KY) (8-1) [2:0] L 6-41
9/4 A Wheelersburg (13-1) [5:17] L 8-42
9/11 H Tolsia (WV) (9-1) [5:0] L 6-44
9/18 H Portsmouth (3-7) [5:17] L 7-35
9/25 A South Point (2-8) [5:17] L 8-32
10/2 A Ironton (6-5) [5:17] L 0-35
10/9 H Chesapeake (8-3) [6:21] L 6-36
10/16 A Dawson-Bryant (5-5) [6:21] L 13-20
10/23 A Portsmouth West (4-6) [5:17] L 6-41
10/30 H Rock Hill (6-4) [5:17] L 16-42
Fly By Night Wrote:Fairland was 0-10 in 2015.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.jsp...&year=2015

Fairland 2015 Football (0-10)

8/28 H Johnson Central (KY) (8-1) [2:0] L 6-41
9/4 A Wheelersburg (13-1) [5:17] L 8-42
9/11 H Tolsia (WV) (9-1) [5:0] L 6-44
9/18 H Portsmouth (3-7) [5:17] L 7-35
9/25 A South Point (2-8) [5:17] L 8-32
10/2 A Ironton (6-5) [5:17] L 0-35
10/9 H Chesapeake (8-3) [6:21] L 6-36
10/16 A Dawson-Bryant (5-5) [6:21] L 13-20
10/23 A Portsmouth West (4-6) [5:17] L 6-41
10/30 H Rock Hill (6-4) [5:17] L 16-42

I apologize FBN, my post was an inside joke with JetPilot and the other Pikeville posters
TigerBlues Wrote:I apologize FBN, my post was an inside joke with JetPilot and the other Pikeville posters

:biglmao:

gotcha
looks like Tilghman is scrimmaging @ Christian Co. at 7 this Friday per the PTHS football twitter feed. Last weeks intra squad game was cancelled b/c of weather.
Boyle and Mad. Central right now. Mad Central up 16-3
Corbin 17
Harlan County 15

Corbin leave Harlan County Alive on second fg :Cheerlead

Corbin 07
Leslie County 00
Corbin 17 Harlan County 15 on last second FG after given a second chance when Harlan County picked the ball off in the end zone to win the game but a flag was thrown away from the play on the other side of the field and gave Corbin the chance to kick the FG to win the game.

Corbin 7 Leslie 0

Harlan County 10 Leslie 0
Game was called with a couple of minutes left due to lightning
Somerset and Madison Southern was very good tonight. Both teams solid defense. Offense started out slow scrimmage chitters. Very hard hitting teams. varsity score 6-6. Somerset JV was more impressive than either varsity. Somerset for real the next 4 years. Madison very big and will get my vote for a lower top 10 team in they're class. Somerset should make a run this year. I would have to say 4 or 5 in class 2a. run defense was amazing against big backs tonight. LCA versus Somerset, I'll have to see this one.
bear claw Wrote:Corbin 17 Harlan County 15 on last second FG after given a second chance when Harlan County picked the ball off in the end zone to win the game but a flag was thrown away from the play on the other side of the field and gave Corbin the chance to kick the FG to win the game.

Corbin 7 Leslie 0

yeah all this happened after Harlan went for 2 and was called no good Corbin defensive players left the field thinking the game was over, but Harlan's coach went on the field to protest and 5 minutes later the refes reversed the call and the 2 point conversion was ruled good. Corbin still went down and scored the field goal to win.
John Hardin 26 Davies co. 0
John looks good on defense espically in the secondary and on the d line. I'm not sure the offense can score enough next week to compete with bowling green but the play of the defense makes me think that bowling green won't run away with this one!
bear claw Wrote:Corbin 17 Harlan County 15 on last second FG after given a second chance when Harlan County picked the ball off in the end zone to win the game but a flag was thrown away from the play on the other side of the field and gave Corbin the chance to kick the FG to win the game.

Corbin 7 Leslie 0

Was really pleased with the eagles on Defense. Corbin scored on one big play towards the end of the game.. The rest of the time the Eagles really were tough on D. Offense still has some questions to answer.. Had drive killing penalty or interception on each of their first 3 or four drives. Got took out of scoring position twice.

In the Harlan Co. scrimmage, the defense came out flat and Harlan Co. scored on the first drive. But they stepped up and got a pick 6 which didn't count which I couldn't understand because they were playing the full field then.

All in all another good scrimmage and really gave the Eagles a chance to see what they needed to work on this week. Love seeing the numbers though. Leslie has 62 out this year.
McCreary Central looked very good at Perry Central. MC 26 Perry 21. McCreary stared slow. Picked their game up after half and smoked Perry Central 3rd Qt. Ran all over them and pretty much shut them down the 3rs Qt. Look for good things from McCreary this year.