Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas Ford New Football Coach at McCreary Central.
Coach Ford will meet with Team today. Thoughts and predictions. :Thumbs:
Good Luck to Coach Ford. Wishing you much success in this position. I think McCreary Central did well.
From one train wreck to another.
I kind of had a feeling this is the direction they would go. Good hire in my opinion.
I like one thing, they wasted no time. Some other schools could take a lesson from that.
plantmanky Wrote:From one train wreck to another.

Ford won at Caverna and would likely still have been there but they couldn't get him locked into a teaching position. Somerset won a lot of ball games with him coordinating the offense. Two state finals appearances, one win with Lex Cath and an appearance with Somerset... No I'd say for that program it's a home run of the grand slam walk off variety.
Good luck coach. Hope all works out well.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Ford won at Caverna and would likely still have been there but they couldn't get him locked into a teaching position. Somerset won a lot of ball games with him coordinating the offense. Two state finals appearances, one win with Lex Cath and an appearance with Somerset... No I'd say for that program it's a home run of the grand slam walk off variety.

I agree, Great hire for McCreary Co. Good Luck.
Here is all that needs to be known.

...McCreary Central was just able to hire a guy who has been a head coach before (with some success), and one who has been an assistant at some programs who are a complete 180 from MC in every way imaginable.

When a program like that is able to get somebody like him.....well done.
Good hire. Like the going and getting your man approach.
E's Army Wrote:Good hire. Like the going and getting your man approach.

I commend Mr. Cash and the people involved for not letting this drag out. They knew who they wanted and went got him. ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Coach Ford is a prime time hire! Can't imagine anything but good things happening for MCCR under his leadership! They could not have made a better hire!
That was quick. Has this been in the works for a while? Smile
Hopefully they have a great season. Go Raiders!
pjdoug Wrote:That was quick. Has this been in the works for a while? Smile

The quickness of the decision was a little unusual. Does anyone know what the new coach will be teaching? Did MC already have an opening in his area of certification? Also, any chance that the new coach brings an assistant or two with him?
Gitback Coach Wrote:The quickness of the decision was a little unusual. Does anyone know what the new coach will be teaching? Did MC already have an opening in his area of certification? Also, any chance that the new coach brings an assistant or two with him?

I think if he has any Asst. Coaches he will bring them with him. Don't think anyone local would help out. Don't know if he would want anyone local.
:biglmao:
Gitback Coach Wrote:The quickness of the decision was a little unusual. Does anyone know what the new coach will be teaching? Did MC already have an opening in his area of certification? Also, any chance that the new coach brings an assistant or two with him?

He has a couple of Guys that would make good position coaches I think would come with him. What he really needs is a teacher/DC. I hope the school uses one of thier teaching positions to hire a good Teacher/DC. If they do he will have a good staff. Ford is a great offensive mind and play caller. He just needs a strong defensive counterpart.

There are some good former local coaches but don't know if any of them would want to help.
Is Dave Mitchell out?
Paul Crewe Wrote:Is Dave Mitchell out?

David Mitchell would be 1st person I called if I were Ford. 2nd I would talk to a couple locals to see if there was any interest. Not Ford have no clue what he will do.:Cheerlead
Good hire by the Raiders, Mitchell would be great help....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mitchell is one of those old school guys every staff needs
E's Army Wrote:Mitchell is one of those old school guys every staff needs

Agree, David would be an asset to any program. Don't know Ford personally so don't know who he wants or what he might be thinking, Good luck in a place where so many have failed.:rockon:
good questions. hopefully he bring some help.
#1 Bozeman quit and Lucas Ford was hired within a week. Coaching positions don't have to be posted. #2 School has several position open where he can be hired those have to be posed. #3 He will bring some coaches with him that is for sure and he may have a local or 2 on staff.
I need to go over this week and introduce myself to Coach Ford. I wish him the best of luck. Hope he can put together a quality staff and have some success and make McCreary Football his Home.
McCreary had a couple players attend WKU and UK Camps this weekend. Brandon Troxell and Dylan Payne. Reports are they did well. Glad to see them put in the time to get better.