Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 24 Somerset 07
FINAL...Nice game Somerset Confusedhh:
Congrats to Danville. Beat a very good Somerset team.
How does this district play out in your alls opinion?

1.danville
2. LCA
3.Somerset
4. Middleboro ?????
:eyeroll:
So did Somerset light Danville up thru the air?

Were the Jumpers speed players as numerous and as fast as the Ads?

Would like to hear some feedback from those at the game.
Hatz Wrote:So did Somerset light Danville up thru the air?

Somersets top running back, and fastest player, was out for this game with an injury. This game was actually a defensive struggle (ads scored 14 early, jumpers adjusted and Danville scored only a field goal until a very late score that sealed it) for most of the game. It was a 14-7 ball game for a long time. Danvilles interior 7 beat Somerset, not their speed on the edges. Ads hit one long pass play, the other scores came off sustained drives.
64SUR Wrote:FINAL...Nice game Somerset Confusedhh:

wasn't a nice game Confusedtare:
4ever witness Wrote:How does this district play out in your alls opinion?

1.danville
2. LCA
3.Somerset
4. Middleboro ?????

trick question?
way to go Admirals.
Hatz Wrote:So did Somerset light Danville up thru the air?

The 125 to 150 YDS in penalties had a lot to do with slowing Danville down and almost no Penalties against Somerset.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The 125 to 150 YDS in penalties had a lot to do with slowing Danville down and almost no Penalties against Somerset.
:truestory:
The Ads are tough
Cong: to Danville want be surprised to see these 2 play again in Play-offs.
Don't sleep on LCA. They are capable of beating anybody but also losing to anybody.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The 125 to 150 YDS in penalties had a lot to do with slowing Danville down and almost no Penalties against Somerset.

But how many of those penalties called nullified a go ahead touchdown? I would say you wont get any sympathy from Somerset fans after last years deal.
This game was won by the Danville defensive line and linebackers. Somerset's offensive line could NOT block them to run the ball or to give Hatcher enough time to throw the ball either. Somerset's defense played well enough to win this game. The Somerset defense gave the ball to the offense THREE times in the third quarter inside the Danville 50 while it was a 17-7 game. The Somerset offense failed to capitalize with the short field due to their inept blocking and play calling as well. The Somerset offense has a LOT of work to do to improve. I'm not sure if Doan would have made a lot of difference because of the above mentioned factors. Congratulations to Danville, they were the better team last night. Hopefully, the Jumpers can fix their problems and beat LCA next Friday.
shs74 Wrote:This game was won by the Danville defensive line and linebackers. Somerset's offensive line could NOT block them to run the ball or to give Hatcher enough time to throw the ball either. Somerset's defense played well enough to win this game. The Somerset defense gave the ball to the offense THREE times in the third quarter inside the Danville 50 while it was a 17-7 game. The Somerset offense failed to capitalize with the short field due to their inept blocking and play calling as well. The Somerset offense has a LOT of work to do to improve. I'm not sure if Doan would have made a lot of difference because of the above mentioned factors. Congratulations to Danville, they were the better team last night. Hopefully, the Jumpers can fix their problems and beat LCA next Friday.

Somerset's offensive line play is preventing the Jumpers from having a really nice team. I said after the Mason County game that it was a work in progress and it just hasn't gotten there yet. A team with enough speed to prevent them from getting to the corner and to keep Hatcher in the pocket can easily shut them down. They've still got a few weeks to work on it. Hopefully it gets better.
Score no surprise. I said Danville is as good as Beechwood, and would win comfortably, and that was what happened.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Score no surprise. I said Danville is as good as Beechwood, and would win comfortably, and that was what happened.

They won by 17 but they are not nearly as good as Beechwood. This game was 14-7 and 17-7 for a long time.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Somerset's offensive line play is preventing the Jumpers from having a really nice team. I said after the Mason County game that it was a work in progress and it just hasn't gotten there yet. A team with enough speed to prevent them from getting to the corner and to keep Hatcher in the pocket can easily shut them down. They've still got a few weeks to work on it. Hopefully it gets better.

One starting offensive lineman was unavailable because his mother insisted that he go on a "fall break" cruise (yes, you read that right). Then when their best offensive lineman went down with a knee injury mid-game, well, things got bad. The bottom fell out of the cardboard box, if you will.

But if you think the biggest issues facing the team are isolated to any particular position or facet of the squad (not team), no. Not so. Their most formidable/longstanding obstacles are much more complicated and systemic . . . unsolvable, really, without subverting the status quo and stepping on some toes. I don't see those solutions on the horizon.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so. Time will tell.
Old Jumper Wrote:One starting offensive lineman was unavailable because his mother insisted that he go on a "fall break" cruise (yes, you read that right). Then when their best offensive lineman went down with a knee injury mid-game, well, things got bad. The bottom fell out of the cardboard box, if you will.

But if you think the biggest issues facing the team are isolated to any particular position or facet of the squad (not team), no. Not so. Their most formidable/longstanding obstacles are much more complicated and systemic . . . unsolvable, really, without subverting the status quo and stepping on some toes. I don't see those solutions on the horizon.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so. Time will tell.

I can't imagine having to tell John Cain that I was going to miss a district game for a vacation. I suspect I'd have been told to just stay on vacation. As for the issues with the team I was only speaking about on the field. This year's team just does not seem to have the offensive line play to compete with good teams. As for of the field issues I'm not as close to the program as I used to be and can't speak to that. Although I've heard multiple former players express concern with the current environment. Hopefully they can get it going and make a playoff run.
Walt Longmire Wrote:They won by 17 but they are not nearly as good as Beechwood. This game was 14-7 and 17-7 for a long time.

Yes. But the Jumpers only had 180 yards of offense while the Ads were putting up 400+. The score was closer. But Beechwood actually gave up more yardage and likely as not did not have 100 yards in penalties vs them as Danville did. :Thumbs:
Walt Longmire Wrote:I can't imagine having to tell John Cain that I was going to miss a district game for a vacation. I suspect I'd have been told to just stay on vacation. As for the issues with the team I was only speaking about on the field. This year's team just does not seem to have the offensive line play to compete with good teams. As for of the field issues I'm not as close to the program as I used to be and can't speak to that. Although I've heard multiple former players express concern with the current environment. Hopefully they can get it going and make a playoff run.

I agree but that was then and this is now. I can name a School where 3 left for vacation missing a game.:igiveup:
Hatz Wrote:Yes. But the Jumpers only had 180 yards of offense while the Ads were putting up 400+. The score was closer. But Beechwood actually gave up more yardage and likely as not did not have 100 yards in penalties vs them as Danville did. :Thumbs:

I was going by the eyeball test, not by stats.