Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 53 Pendleton County 0
final
Congrats to Russell.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Russell.

I'm sure some younger players got a lot of reps. Did anyone out of the group of younger players stand out? Any personnel change in the lineup with Conley out?
mightydog Wrote:I'm sure some younger players got a lot of reps. Did anyone out of the group of younger players stand out? Any personnel change in the lineup with Conley out?

With Conley out, Jacob Martin and Austin Brinkman got some reps at RB. Both looked good running the ball and Brinkman led the team with 89 yards rushing.

Drey Boehm continues to impress after scoring two TDs(1 rushing, 1 receiving) and grabbing his first INT on defense. Nick Caldwell had his first breakthrough moment of the season on offense with a 75 yard TD catch. He showed some good quickness and elusiveness in the open field.

Russell scored TDs on 2 of their first 3 plays and began substituting shortly after. A lot of younger kids got some good reps against Pendleton's starters. I was hoping to see Jaeden Layne and Ryan Stump make some plays on offense, but I think between the two of them, only Jaeden had a pass thrown his way and it was incomplete. Church got a lot of reps at QB and looked comfortable. He got to show off some athleticism on a 34 yard TD run in the 3rd quarter.

Among the younger OL, Aaron Hill, Austin Braden and Tucker Brown looked good. All three played together on a scoring drive in the 1st half when Russell drove the ball right down the field. Aaron Hill especially stands out with his aggressive play. I think hitting is just in his DNA. He's looking to lay somebody out on almost every play.