Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central vs Louisville Central 8/28 pigskin classic
Football1 Wrote:Glad to see so many take the opportunity to voice their doom and gloom for KC. Look - we could go 4 and 6 this year and still win district and 3 games in the playoffs. Our schedule is that tough. Enjoy your weekly bashing of a team that will only get better. :popcorn:

Dave Diamond
Mr. Diamond, it not bashing. Panther nation ask " You yoy got " And some people are just voicing themselves in a constructive ways. At least I am.. I predict my pick and add a constructive reason. And for this game I choose Lou Central just because Central is not far fetch from Station athletes, maybe smaller linemen, but definitely as quick and fast like Station. So with that being said and the outcome of your game last weekend, I pick Lou Central.
Football1 Wrote:You have never been a fan of KC. But your obvious disdain for KC this year seems particularly venomous. What have you seen that leads you to believe KC is so terrible?

If you saw the 7 on 7s' this year - we won. If you saw any of our practices our numbers are up and the size and speed factor is good too. We have a great senior class with several kids who have played since 1st grade.

Sure, we failed to pummel Pineville due to dumb penalties. And Bryan Station, who time will tell, is an excellent 6A team drubbed us. But aside from those 2 weak data points what possible evidence is there that we are "awful"?

losses by Knox Central and Bryan Station friday will remove all doubt.
Football1 Wrote:You have never been a fan of KC. But your obvious disdain for KC this year seems particularly venomous. What have you seen that leads you to believe KC is so terrible?

If you saw the 7 on 7s' this year - we won. If you saw any of our practices our numbers are up and the size and speed factor is good too. We have a great senior class with several kids who have played since 1st grade.

Sure, we failed to pummel Pineville due to dumb penalties. And Bryan Station, who time will tell, is an excellent 6A team drubbed us. But aside from those 2 weak data points what possible evidence is there that we are "awful"?

My disdain is nothing more than trolling panther nation for being panther nation and his continual bashing of Whitley on every thread coming and going. It of course doesn't bother me, but it's always good to level the playing field. It's especially funny to watch him get tore up as it does a lot of members when you start to belittle there teams.
I do not think Knox is awful but they have not showed up yet. I do think Central will put a running clock on them and will be surprised if they dont. I also don't understand why when someone fairly criticizes a team the first response from this fans "oh well your team sucks and will be sitting at home". Who cares? To my knowledge mist everyone here is a grown adult and act like they're current all state players with the knowledge of ghandi.

Bryan Station is one of the best teams in the state IMO and would have done pretty much the same to any team in the tri county area. That will be proven when they play again Friday.
I don't however think Knox is better than other teams in this area simply because they have been the past few years. If we're going to talk about the past I know you all don't want me to bring up KC history Pre 2010 or so. That's just absurd to think because you have beaten someone 2 or 3 times that it means you would again.

As for now I will stand by my prediction of 64 to 6. Knox made the mistake of trying to schedule some of the best teams in the state like Black did at Whitley the last 4 years he was there and he didn't have the athletes. If anything it hurt them more than it helped and kept morale extremely low. Most kids do not know football around the state like members of this site do. All they know is they lost another game to another team. I guarantee the majority of Knox's team doesn't know anything about Bryan Station or how good they will do the rest of the season..
Knox has a legit shot to win district but I think Rock takes it this year. 4A is set up to be much more favorable than it has been. If Knox can take advantage of that good to things will come.
This should be a pretty good game. Central is normally not a very good passing team, although the last time I saw them play, they sure looked like one, so hopefully that will benefit the Panthers. KC just needs to get the offense going to help keep the pressure off of the defense and they will make this a competitive game.

Central 28 - Knox Central 14
SEKYFAN Wrote:This should be a pretty good game. Central is normally not a very good passing team, although the last time I saw them play, they sure looked like one, so hopefully that will benefit the Panthers. KC just needs to get the offense going to help keep the pressure off of the defense and they will make this a competitive game.

Central 28 - Knox Central 14

Knox has never seen a defense like Centrals.
Lou Central 35 Knox Central 7

He is still mad cause we beat Whitley the past 2 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:He is still mad cause we beat Whitley the past 2 years.

2 years and you're bragging? list the overall seriesConfusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My disdain is nothing more than trolling panther nation for being panther nation and his continual bashing of Whitley on every thread coming and going. It of course doesn't bother me, but it's always good to level the playing field. It's especially funny to watch him get tore up as it does a lot of members when you start to belittle there teams.
I do not think Knox is awful but they have not showed up yet. I do think Central will put a running clock on them and will be surprised if they dont. I also don't understand why when someone fairly criticizes a team the first response from this fans "oh well your team sucks and will be sitting at home". Who cares? To my knowledge mist everyone here is a grown adult and act like they're current all state players with the knowledge of ghandi.

Bryan Station is one of the best teams in the state IMO and would have done pretty much the same to any team in the tri county area. That will be proven when they play again Friday.
I don't however think Knox is better than other teams in this area simply because they have been the past few years. If we're going to talk about the past I know you all don't want me to bring up KC history Pre 2010 or so. That's just absurd to think because you have beaten someone 2 or 3 times that it means you would again.

As for now I will stand by my prediction of 64 to 6. Knox made the mistake of trying to schedule some of the best teams in the state like Black did at Whitley the last 4 years he was there and he didn't have the athletes. If anything it hurt them more than it helped and kept morale extremely low. Most kids do not know football around the state like members of this site do. All they know is they lost another game to another team. I guarantee the majority of Knox's team doesn't know anything about Bryan Station or how good they will do the rest of the season..
Knox has a legit shot to win district but I think Rock takes it this year. 4A is set up to be much more favorable than it has been. If Knox can take advantage of that good to things will come.
Makes sense. I was just curious. I enjoy this site even when I go long periods just reading the banter and not getting in on the fun.

I have watched a little film today on Central. They are fast and in the last game passed the ball evenly with run. I think the split was 23 passes and 26 runs. I would love to see us work toward that kind of balance. They are dressing 90 players from a 3A team. That is 1/3rd of the boys in the school. Evidently football is catching on up there. LOL.

Time will tell but I will give in that it would be an upset for us to win. But if we bring the right strategy to the game and our kids do what they are capable of physically we absolutely can and will win. Penalties, turnovers, and predictability will negate that opportunity though...

Prediction: If we complete 10 or more passes with less 3 turnovers KC wins 21 to 20.

Dave Diamond
[email]cdavediamond@gmail.com[/email]
pjdoug Wrote:losses by Knox Central and Bryan Station friday will remove all doubt.
We could be 1-4 going into district and still win our District and make a deep run. So losses to BS and LC actually remove no doubt.
FBfan4life Wrote:Mr. Diamond, it not bashing. Panther nation ask " You yoy got " And some people are just voicing themselves in a constructive ways. At least I am.. I predict my pick and add a constructive reason. And for this game I choose Lou Central just because Central is not far fetch from Station athletes, maybe smaller linemen, but definitely as quick and fast like Station. So with that being said and the outcome of your game last weekend, I pick Lou Central.
Well said. I hope you are wrong about their speed. BS was the fastest HS team I have seen over the last 30 years of playing, coaching, and watching teams. QB, Backs, Recievers, and DB's all combined to create hurricane wind conditions...
Football1 Wrote:Well said. I hope you are wrong about their speed. BS was the fastest HS team I have seen over the last 30 years of playing, coaching, and watching teams. QB, Backs, Recievers, and DB's all combined to create hurricane wind conditions...

Central's speed is close but not quite there. BS has a few better weapons at the offensive skill spots and BS's Quarterback is one of the state's most underrated players. Central simply isn't as dangerous offensively, but they are still very dangerous.

With that said, Central is a lot more physical and better coached.

You can also ask any Belfry, Corbin, or Bell County fan and they will attest the one thing you cannot do is turn the ball over.

There is no team in Kentucky...regardless of class... who is better at turning a fumble or an Interception into a return for a TD. If you turn it over vs. Central you might as well fire up the scoreboard.

The other thing that will surprise you about Central is they are always surprisingly god at Special Teams. Quality return game is a given with their speed... but they usually kick and punt well and rarely give up kick retrusn for big yards.
The beating KC took last week and the one their going to take this week is nothing compared to the one their going to take next week. I think they'll put up a small fight this week, but next week they can bring there A game and its still going to be ugly. Louisville Central 34 KC 6. South Western 49 KC 0.:biglmao:
jim rome Wrote:The beating KC took last week and the one their going to take this week is nothing compared to the one their going to take next week. I think they'll put up a small fight this week, but next week they can bring there A game and its still going to be ugly. Louisville Central 34 KC 6. South Western 49 KC 0.:biglmao:
Yeah no reason for us to even pad up against the SW. I'll let the coaches know to have the cheerleaders put up a bond fire that night and we will just all go roast marshmellows.
Football1 Wrote:We could be 1-4 going into district and still win our District and make a deep run. So losses to BS and LC actually remove no doubt.

it would show that Bryan Station is not as good as you think and Knox central is just a bad team this year. their defense might give up 500 points this year Confusednicker:
Football1 Wrote:Yeah no reason for us to even pad up against the SW. I'll let the coaches know to have the cheerleaders put up a bond fire that night and we will just all go roast marshmellows.

bonfire and marshmallow roast might be more fun :biggrin::trolldad2:
Who made Knox's schedule? Stupid....
jetpilot Wrote:Who made Knox's schedule? Stupid....

Thats the product of having a few good seasons and no one around here wants to play them, cause their not the push over team that they where years past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
^
Im assuming it was Whitley who ended the Knox game. Im not sure why he wanted to do that unless it was actually Knox who decided to beef up the schedule.
Knox is not a lot tougher than some of the teams Whitley plays during the regular season and aren't as good as Corbin and Bell so im not sure why it ended, especially when traveling to Bville is much better than going to West Jessamine.
Im fine with Corbin, Bell, Mboro, and South being on the non district schedule but I don't understand why you wouldn't take a game with Knox over West Jessamine and Leslie, unless you wanted sure wins (which Leslie isn't this year, but are most, and W Jess. is)
^^
Couldn't agree more I have no clue who ended the series.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
pjdoug Wrote:it would show that Bryan Station is not as good as you think and Knox central is just a bad team this year. their defense might give up 500 points this year Confusednicker:
7,130 posts and you can't use a little logic to do better math than that? You might consider a college class. They teach them at night. :lmao:

Our performance in the regular season will have no bearing on how Bryan Station will do. They face big schools and my personal feeling is they will handle most of them very well.

Will Knox give up 500 points? We only face a few more teams with fire power any where near that of BS. So you are wrong exponentially which appears to be a pattern you are comfortable forming. :ChairHit:
Is this the same Bryan Station team that Belfry took to the woodshed last season? They have a lot of speedy athletes but get out coached pretty often I think. Goes to show how important coaching is in high school. You can have the best athletes at every position but if you don't have a coach it wont matter when it matters.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Is this the same Bryan Station team that Belfry took to the woodshed last season? They have a lot of speedy athletes but get out coached pretty often I think. Goes to show how important coaching is in high school. You can have the best athletes at every position but if you don't have a coach it wont matter when it matters.

Belfry didn't play Bryan station last year. I think you're thinking Henry Clay Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Belfry didn't play Bryan station last year. I think you're thinking Henry Clay Confusednicker:

"My bad" I did notice that Henry Clay went on and beat Bryan Station last season though.
Football1 Wrote:7,130 posts and you can't use a little logic to do better math than that? You might consider a college class. They teach them at night. :lmao:

Our performance in the regular season will have no bearing on how Bryan Station will do. They face big schools and my personal feeling is they will handle most of them very well.

Will Knox give up 500 points? We only face a few more teams with fire power any where near that of BS. So you are wrong exponentially which appears to be a pattern you are comfortable forming. :ChairHit:

I'm a mathematical genius,and Knox Central will give up at least 400-500 points this season. remember I said so .Central and Southwestern both will easily put up over 50 each on Knox unless they feel sorry for them and put their freshmen teams in which will put them giving up well over 150 in first 3 games I can also count how many district championships they've had in school history.one. and it will probably be the only one for another 50 years.no wonder their fans bash Whitley and jump on another team's bandwagon.
Do-double-gg Wrote:"My bad" I did notice that Henry Clay went on and beat Bryan Station last season though.

Bryan Station is decent,but a Scott County,or an even a top notch school in a lower class would hammer them.
Knox Central has a passionate fan base and love their football. It's tough to watch your team struggle against strong teams but make no mistake it makes you better than if you play a bunch of cupcakes. When some get to district games things will be speeding up. For the panthers they will be slowing down.
pjdoug Wrote:Bryan Station is decent,but a Scott County,or an even a top notch school in a lower class would hammer them.

FWIW:

Last year they beat Scott County 28-23

They lost to Highlands by 6
Lost to St. X by 15

Bryan Station from all reports shoudln't be as good as 2014...but the step back should be minimal.
To all you so call sports know it all .... Eat crow by gosh Know wins!!!! Don't throw kids away I'll bet most of you never played the game!!! Ha ha !!!