Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Teams Goin To Louisville In 07'
What are some predictions on 1A teams that will make it to Papa John's next year?? A lot of the powerhouse 1A teams will be changing size next year...so who does everything think will go all fifteen games?
Beechwood and LCA
Pikeville and LCA
Somerset_Football Wrote:Pikeville and LCA

the way it is set up i dont think pikeville and LCA can both go i think they would meet in the state semi-finals
Correct, both Pikeville and LCA are in semi-state #2. Beechwood and Mayfield are in semi-state #1. The only bad thing about this is, the long time rivalry between Beechwood and Pikeville is now gone.
Oh, well I figured it would be Beechwood and Pikeville in the semi's. Well, i'll say Pikeville and Beechwood in the finals.
CLASS 1A
District-1-1- Ballard Memorial, Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Mayfield

District-1-2- Beth Haven, Bethlehem, Caverna, Evangel Christian, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

District-1-3- Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow

District-1-4- Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Gallatin County, Trimble County

District-1-5- Fairview, Lexington Christian, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland

District-1-6- Berea, Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg

District-1-7- Cumberland, Evarts, Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville

District-1-8- Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Lynn camp, Cumberland, Hazard, Lexotion Christan, all tough teams
I think its still anybody's ballgame, Hazard, Beechwood, Mayfield, Pikeville, Lynn Camp, Bethlehem, and LCA all have a good shot next year.
Providing both teams get that far, Pikeville and LCA would meet in the third round next year. Season is a long way away and too many things can happen between now and next season.
hillbilly Wrote:Providing both teams get that far, Pikeville and LCA would meet in the third round next year.

They would I beleive meet in the State Semi-Finals.
District-1-8- Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
Depending on how the playoffs are played next season, those are the possibilities of teams that Pikeville will have to play if they make it to the Regional Championship. The Region winner goes on to play in the Semi-State. Normally the regions are broke down like this 1(Districts 1-2), 2(Districts 3-4), 3(Districts 5-6), and Region 4(Districts 7-8).
BIGBLACK Wrote:They would I beleive meet in the State Semi-Finals.
Depending on how the playoffs are played next season, those are the possibilities of teams that Pikeville will have to play if they make it to the Regional Championship. The Region winner goes on to play in the Semi-State. Normally the regions are broke down like this 1(Districts 1-2), 2(Districts 3-4), 3(Districts 5-6), and Region 4(Districts 7-8).

The third round alignments are already set for the next two years.
07- 5-8 play third round and 6-7 play third round
hillbilly Wrote:The third round alignments are already set for the next two years.
07- 5-8 play third round and 6-7 play third round

Thanks for the correction, it is somewhat confusing if you ask me.
BIGBLACK Wrote:Thanks for the correction, it is somewhat confusing if you ask me.

07 - Region 3 5 vs 8
07 - Region 4 6 vs 7

08- Region 3 5 vs 7
08- Region 4 6 vs 8
Wait a minute... District 8 plays district 6, and the winner of that plays the winner of district 5 and 7??
Is that the same for all classes or is it just 1A next year?
I think it is the same for all classes.
what in the world is going on with these playoff systems?

is it not dis 7 v dis 8 every year for the region 4 crown
and dist 5 v dist 6 for the region 3 crown...???

im soo confused
fballfan07 Wrote:what in the world is going on with these playoff systems?

is it not dis 7 v dis 8 every year for the region 4 crown
and dist 5 v dist 6 for the region 3 crown...???

im soo confused

The state is changing what districts play each other in the playoffs. This past year they had a blind draw to determine what districts play who in the regions.
Class A in eastern and northern Ky happened to draw the same way that they have been playing for years. Draws were also conducted for the next two years and are listed on the KHSAA website.
frankfurt
Pikeville and Beechwood-The rivalry is renewed in Louisville
PantherPride68 Wrote:Pikeville and Beechwood-The rivalry is renewed in Louisville

I think a game in Louisville will make for a better rivalry game than any semi-final game
I can see Pikeville doing some damage next year!
Who is Pikeville going to have next year besides Harmon, and the Honaker twins? They lost Shurtliff, Casey Rowe, #50(dont know his name), Daniel Sword, McAnallen basically the heart of their line and receivers. Granted that Harmon is player of the year and the Honaker boys are good too, they wouldnt have done near as much without the blocking of their super strong and physical linemen. Losing them hurts. But who is pikeville having next year to replace some of these guys??
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Who is Pikeville going to have next year besides Harmon, and the Honaker twins? They lost Shurtliff, Casey Rowe, #50(dont know his name), Daniel Sword, McAnallen basically the heart of their line and receivers. Granted that Harmon is player of the year and the Honaker boys are good too, they wouldnt have done near as much without the blocking of their super strong and physical linemen. Losing them hurts. But who is pikeville having next year to replace some of these guys??

#50 was Brad Bryant, and its Jacob Sword, McAnallen was just a fresman, so we get him back as well. Pikevill will have around 25 seniors and close to 15 juniors, all of which will be playing varsity, some of the sophmores will be stepping up this year and we have a talented fresman class coming in as well
Pikeville is returning 4 starting lineman on offense, 5 if you count the tight end, the entire backfield is back. On defense they lose 2 D-lineman and a corner back. Everyone else is back.
I stand corrected then...my bad...I was looking at my scouting report and I thought there were more impact seniors leaving than there is...sry bout that...good luck pikeville