Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champions for next year???
KY High School football will be moving to 6 classes next year, as im sure everyone knows by now, some school's move up a class or two and some school's stay the same. Who do you think will be the top contender's for each class next year???
Yea yea I know the season just ended yesterday..But damn I can't wait!:rockon:
I'll list my prediction's as soon as I figure some things out....
1A-Lexington Christian Academy (private)
2A-Newport Central Catholic (private)
3A-Louisville Central
4A-Lexington Catholic (private)
5A-Fort Thomas Highlands
6A-Louisville Trinty (private)
1A: Pikeville
2A: NCC
3A: Somerset, Belfry, or Russell( can't pick, gonna be a real competeive class)
4A: LexCath
5A: Highlands
6A: St. X
Somerset_Football Wrote:1A: Pikeville
2A: NCC
3A: Somerset, Belfry, or Russell( can't pick, gonna be a real competeive class)
4A: LexCath
5A: Highlands
6A: St. X

i like somerset to be competitive...how many starters do they return

i know deaton is gone and thats a big loss
Panther Thunder Wrote:i like somerset to be competitive...how many starters do they return

i know deaton is gone and thats a big loss

ea losing Deaton is a huge loss but we return John Cole(the states leading reciever), Kenny Hughes, John Coomer, Jordan Gosset just to name a few. The big question mark will be at QB to replace Deaton.
I think Hazard, Lex. Christian, Somerset, Pikeville, and Beechwood all have a shot. In my opinion, right now, I think its still anybody's ballgame.
AAA Russell,have to get past Belfry again.Others I dont know.Good luck to all.:devilflam
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I think Hazard, Lex. Christian, Somerset, Pikeville, and Beechwood all have a shot. In my opinion, right now, I think its still anybody's ballgame.
Hazard could put up a big challenge next year if they get past region, whic im predicting is goin to be another pikeville showdown. But for now im givin the 1A to either beechwood or lexington christian.
Breathitt in 3A.....I think they have played Russell and Belfry well when they have met in the past and have had relatively even teams, and that is what is going to happen next year. There are some other teams in the Central and Western parts of the state that will be good, but I think that next years champion will come from EKY.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

IMO the 3A class will have the most unpredictable competition. Almost all the powerhouses in the Eastern part of the state are still in the same class-3A. Should be an interesting year next year for sure.
CLASS 3A
District-3-1- McLean County, Muhlenberg South, Paducah Tilghman, Union County, Webster County

District-3-2- Adair County, Butler County, Edmonson County, Hart County, Russellville

District-3-3- Central, Elizabethtown, Moore, Shawnee

District-3-4- Henry County, North Oldham, Spencer County, Western Hills

District-3-5- Casey County, Garrard County, Jackson County, Somerset, Taylor County, Wayne County

District-3-6- Breathitt County, Cawood, Estill County, Fleming County, Powell County

District-3-7- East Carter, Lewis County, Mason County, Russell, West Carter

District-3-8- Belfry, East Ridge, Magoffin County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark

Coach Cline Wrote:IMO the 3A class will have the most unpredictable competition. Almost all the powerhouses in the Eastern part of the state are still in the same class-3A. Should be an interesting year next year for sure.
Much of the 3A "powers" have acually moved up in class. The new "powers" in 3A in eastern Kentucky were 2A last year......Breathitt, Belfry, and Russell. Mason County and Fleming Couny will have strong teams and contend occasionally in EKY. All of this is strickly my opinion, I am not trying to say you are wrong or anything like that.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Much of the 3A "powers" have acually moved up in class. The new "powers" in 3A in eastern Kentucky were 2A last year......Breathitt, Belfry, and Russell. Mason County and Fleming Couny will have strong teams and contend occasionally in EKY. All of this is strickly my opinion, I am not trying to say you are wrong or anything like that.

Somerset was 1A last year
Somerset_Football Wrote:Somerset was 1A last year

He didn't include Somerset.
Somerset_Football Wrote:Somerset was 1A last year
I know, I think they will be strong, but not as strong as Breathitt, Belfry, or Russell.

1A - Beechwood
2A - Danville
3A - Belfry
4A - Lexington Catholic
5A - Highlands
6A - Trinity
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
1A - Beechwood
2A - Danville
3A - Sheldon Clark
4A - Lexington Catholic
5A - Highlands
6A - Trinity
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I know, I think they will be strong, but not as strong as Breathitt, Belfry, or Russell.

Depending on what Somerset losses and returns... I think they could play with Breathitt and Belfry...Russell im not so sure about..But hey, if we knew who would win, we wouldn't play the game