Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Ballard coming to Cordia
Rumor is that Louisville ballard is coming to cordia for a game on Saturday jan. 24th.
It appears that Cordia has no games with other schools in their district. Why? Also, why so few games overall?

Are they being boycotted by neighbors?
Easy Wind Wrote:Rumor is that Louisville ballard is coming to cordia for a game on Saturday jan. 24th.

So is this going to happen?

:HitWall:
Truth Wrote:It appears that Cordia has no games with other schools in their district. Why? Also, why so few games overall?

Are they being boycotted by neighbors?
Schedules are made in March. Contracts are then signed by each school. Doubt anyone wanted a contract for a team that may or may not exist.
UKisN1 Wrote:Schedules are made in March. Contracts are then signed by each school. Doubt anyone wanted a contract for a team that may or may not exist.

According to the khsaa online schedule, Ballard will be coming to the Jungle on Saturday at 3 p.m. Wow!!!

:insane:
Why would Ballard drive this far to play Cordia? Does Cordia still have any talent left?
Cordia Is in trouble with the khsaa, but they still have a great team! They are young, but can play! I also heard that the only way they would come is if they could bring their own referees, probably a good idea. Should bea good one, I am getting there early for this one?
On my way to cordia Saturday. :Cheerlead
D1 recruiter actually that thing about the referees got a blown a little out of proportion. Cordia told Ballard if they wanted to bring their own referees they could and Ballard said they would just use ours. Napier and maggard are two that are calling it and someone from the 13th I don't know why.
Cordia could play 15 games, but no post season. (KHSAA punishment) They haven't had any problems scheduling outside the 14th region and have only lost one game. There hasn't been a home game so this is great for our students who can't travel to the far away games. The team is young and it's really exciting to have a highly ranked team like Ballard come to the Lion's Den. The game is at 3:00 Sat Jan24. I you're a Lion fan...be there!
I love it. Go Cordia
This is why Ballard and teams from down in the Louisville area win championships. When they contacted cordia to play they said they wanted to play in a hostile environment against a quick big athletic team that would prepare them for the state tourney. All the rest of these chicken s**t schools in the 14th that refuse to play them. With the exception of hazard and wolf co. Hell perry co superintendent has forbidden any perry co school from playing them. In my opinion I don't know how he shaves in the morning and look his self in the mirror when 3 of the people directly involved in the cordia investigation are sitting on the bench at perry. Shame shame.
topnotch Wrote:I love it. Go Cordia

I agree. I strongly suspect that Cordia is no more guilty of breaking KHSAA's dubious rules than are a lot of more "politically well placed" schools with "good old boy" athletic directors.
Buford T Justice Wrote:This is why Ballard and teams from down in the Louisville area win championships. When they contacted cordia to play they said they wanted to play in a hostile environment against a quick big athletic team that would prepare them for the state tourney. All the rest of these chicken s**t schools in the 14th that refuse to play them. With the exception of hazard and wolf co. Hell perry co superintendent has forbidden any perry co school from playing them. In my opinion I don't know how he shaves in the morning and look his self in the mirror when 3 of the people directly involved in the cordia investigation are sitting on the bench at perry. Shame shame.

Tell me why it would benefit said 14th region teams to play Cordia...
Tell me why it wouldn't. This year they can't beat anyone out of tournament play and it would be a opportunity for teams locally to see big city size and athleticism. Obviously Ballard feels it is a good plan and they are big time winners. I think this cup cake schedule knott co has played for example could come back to haunt them down the road. With the team they have this year there is no excuse to play the schedule they have played.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Tell me why it wouldn't. This year they can't beat anyone out of tournament play and it would be a opportunity for teams locally to see big city size and athleticism. Obviously Ballard feels it is a good plan and they are big time winners. I think this cup cake schedule knott co has played for example could come back to haunt them down the road. With the team they have this year there is no excuse to play the schedule they have played.

Having played top 5 teams from Arkansas, Arizona and Florida isn't hardly a cupcake schedule. Keep in mind, as a 53rd district eligible team, they are required 6 games, home/away, with Jenkins, Letcher and JBS. They beat the defending state champ currently top 10 KY in Covington Catholic and is about to play perennial top 25 foe in Hoptown. Didn't even mention Clay and Perry in those above. Needless to say, our schedule is FAR from cupcake my friend. ZERO to gain from playing Cordia, waste of a game for both. Fights would occur, and Cordia would have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Play teams you might actually run into in the postseason and feel the error in your ways Cordia.
To say Knott's schedule is a cupcake schedule is laughable.
What's laughable is you people actually believe that. Cov cath is not the team they were last year by any stretch and those top teams out of state you talk about I am not sold on that. Max preps had them ranked up there and max preps also at one point had Rowan co in the top 5 in ky. So I am not sold on that. H-town is a good team but the rest of the schedule is very below average. I have heard numerous people around hazard talking the same thing and i have talked to several of the sensible knott co people who also agree.As far as a fight between cordia and knott there would not be any trouble unless cordia wins then there would be a fight. When has there ever been a fight name one. That what the problem is you people from hindman feel like you are soooo much better than everyone else and in reality if you want a hamburger for lunch you have to drive 25 miles to get it that is what is laughable.
Here we go again, I have nothing against Cordia, but please stop crying. KCC and Cordia are not going to play. It's that simple. Neither team is afraid of the other, so just let it go.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Having played top 5 teams from Arkansas, Arizona and Florida isn't hardly a cupcake schedule. Keep in mind, as a 53rd district eligible team, they are required 6 games, home/away, with Jenkins, Letcher and JBS. They beat the defending state champ currently top 10 KY in Covington Catholic and is about to play perennial top 25 foe in Hoptown. Didn't even mention Clay and Perry in those above. Needless to say, our schedule is FAR from cupcake my friend. ZERO to gain from playing Cordia, waste of a game for both. Fights would occur, and Cordia would have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Play teams you might actually run into in the postseason and feel the error in your ways Cordia.

Call me a skeptic, but please provide some proof that any of the teams from out of state are top 5 in their state. Not that I think the schedule is weak by any means but it seems like every time someone plays an out of state team they come back and claim they were top 5 in their respective state.
Cordia had more talent last season than they do now and we saw the outcome of those games. #9-0
I looked at Maxpreps and this is the current state rankings for Knott's 4 opponents in Myrtle Beach: North Little Rock #7, Sagemont FL #7, Shadow Mtn Arizona #4 and Spring Valley SC #7. That's pretty stiff competition. This tournament was loaded with D1 prospects. Coach Cal was there the final day watching.
But this thread is about Cordia and Ballard let's quit worrying about why no one wants to play them. Last time I checked Rhodes has never beat Knott so I don't think Knott is afraid to play them.