Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ncc 2015
Okay now that the calendar has changed over to a new year, lets hear about the Breds in 2015. What are their strengths and weaknesses?
Shakem and 91 are usually in the mix with what NCC has, any news gentlemen?
If by some miracle Eddie Eviston is back in charge next season, Ncc has the talent to win it all. If dave schnieder is still calling the offense and Wags continues to put bad football players on the field, desalles wins 42-0 in a back to back to back rematch blowout.
Lets leave the coaches out of the discussion and hear about the returning players. What key players did they lose to graduation? What players do we look for in 2015 to have big seasons?
Personally, I think this team will struggle. They lost their secondary, 3 of 5 starting lineman and any viable option for receiving. They're saving grace will be the schedule. They replace Ashland, Dixie and Simon Kenton with lowly Harrison Co, Scott and Conner. I would pack the box and key on Smith because no one else is going to beat them. Who can they throw too? Defensively they return good players but they are undisciplined. They'll win the district and the region only because the other teams are soft like last year.
Sorry mantax, thats the stone cold truth though. Coaching is the biggest reason this team wont win it. NO is way off, this team will be as talented as its been since 2010-11. The Olineman they put on the field in 2015 will be better than the ones they lost, with exeption to Wieland, he was clearly the best Olineman last year. 2012, NCC was not even close to as good as somerset, great game planning and play calling won that game. U will not see that from schneider.
Ka boom! I don't know you 91, but wake up! This will be the easiest team to defend in years because of being one dimensional. Write it down, just as you have indicated with the state final match up score with Desales. :dudecomeon:
The only thing you are right about is coaching.
nuclear option Wrote:Ka boom! I don't know you 91, but wake up! This will be the easiest team to defend in years because of being one dimensional. Write it down, just as you have indicated with the state final match up score with Desales. :dudecomeon:

1 dimensional? They return their QB who is only getting better. Finding receivers may be the easiest thing to find nowadays w/ all of the passing leagues going on during the summer. They won't have a Franzen or Donaldson, but they will have good enough guys for teams to not stack the box.
I assume Henschen will return at QB and they have Smith in the backfield. Key losses of Gray and Enslen at WR, who steps in for them? How about the offensive line?
Exactly, who steps in for them? From what I've seen they have no one with exceptional speed or catching ability. If they did, wouldn't they have played this year? The Qb must become a running threat. He avoided as much contact as possible last year, hopefully that will change as he gets older. Oline is extremely inexperienced. The seniors who were lost have started in some capacity as soph's and have been mainstays since they were juniors. There will be a ton of opportunity but getting guys who want to be offensive lineman is another task.
Wont matter, smith should rush for 1500+ yards next year. The offensive line will be way better overall, sure, they have zero wr's to throw to, but it wont matter with smith running the ball. Defensively, they should be very good in the front 8. Lawrence is as good a D tackle as there is in the state. If u line up tallon, harris, pangallo and sutkamp at backer, not much gonna get passed them. Secondary will be an issue, but it was an issue last year. Anderson will be the only solid player there if smith doesnt play corner. This season, like 2013 and 2014 will boil down to coaching, if no changes r made with the man calling the offense, 49-7 Desales in the state final in 2015.
Jacob Smith was invited to Ohio U Junior day.
They lose 19 seniors they go 3-7
They returns some good football players.
wiznut Wrote:They lose 19 seniors they go 3-7

I agree NCC is not very good. Desales was mediocre, and smoked them like a hog at a shindig.
andy griffith Wrote:I agree NCC is not very good. Desales was mediocre, and smoked them like a hog at a shindig.

Andy Griffith surprising that you can say NCC is no good considering you have been on 2 websites now asking about small schools and where should you go to watch a game lol. DeSales is far from a mediocre team. As far as the seniors they lose only 4/5 of them seen playing times. You should be asking who do they return?
strong back in the backfield with a line that will improve as the season goes. Look for good things to happen.
NewCath returns around 30 Sophomores and Juniors from last year. They also return one of their best running backs they ever had in Jacob Smith. They should have a great year.
[quote=UK1fan]NewCath returns around 30 Sophomores and Juniors from last year. They also return one of their best running backs they ever had in Jacob Smith. They should have a great year.[/QUOTE]

Confusederiously:
nuclear option Wrote:[quote=UK1fan]NewCath returns around 30 Sophomores and Juniors from last year. They also return one of their best running backs they ever had in Jacob Smith. They should have a great year.[/QUOTE]

Confusederiously:

Jealously is an ugly trait my friend! U should really find something more to do with yourself than hate on NCC!
nuclear option Wrote:[quote=UK1fan]NewCath returns around 30 Sophomores and Juniors from last year. They also return one of their best running backs they ever had in Jacob Smith. They should have a great year.[/QUOTE]

Confusederiously:

Who is your team?
UK1fan Wrote:[quote=nuclear option]

Who is your team?

Last yr he ride the shirt tail of Newport, let's are who he picks this year!!
nuclear option Wrote:Personally, I think this team will struggle. They lost their secondary, 3 of 5 starting lineman and any viable option for receiving. They're saving grace will be the schedule. They replace Ashland, Dixie and Simon Kenton with lowly Harrison Co, Scott and Conner. I would pack the box and key on Smith because no one else is going to beat them. Who can they throw too? Defensively they return good players but they are undisciplined. They'll win the district and the region only because the other teams are soft like last year.

Your about as clueless as a empty garbage can! NewCath returns Patrick Henschen 6'4 195 pounds at QB he threw for 1400 yards 12 tds! Jacob Smith rushed for over 1400 yards 25 tds. They will be tough to stop! They have some big boys that play on the line this year also. They had 49 kids on their roster this past season 17 where Seniors. They return a lot of kids who played last year.

Returning players from last years roster.

3 Jacob Smith 11 6'0 190 RB/DB
6 Ryan Hans 11 5'10 145 K
7 Luke Kues 11 6'1 175 WR/DE
10 Griffin McHugh 11 6'2 190 WR/DE
12 Erik Anderson 11 6'2 175 QB/S
16 Patrick Henschen 10 6'4 195 QB/S
18 Chad Garman 10 5'7 130 WR/DB
20 Ian Dew 10 5'11 150 WR DB
21 John Harris 11 5'8 185 RB/LB
24 Job Freppon 10 6'0 180 WR/S
27 Ethan Hardt 11 5'10 160 RB LB
28 Josh Schneider 11 5'11 165 WR/DB
32 Austin Neff 10 6'2 185 RB/DE
33 Peyton Davis 11 5'11 168 RB/LB
37 Ben Barbara 12 6'2 170 WR/S
42 Spencer Pangallo 10 6'1 180 RB/LB
44 Kurtis Sutkamp 10 5'11 180 RB/LB
46 Kole Carmack 10 5'9 180 RB/LB
50 Jacobb Smith 10 6'2 230 OL/DL
52 Adam Suedkamp 10 5'10 160 OL/DE
54 Bryson Hightchew 11 5'10 205 OL/LB
55 Kobe Tallon 11 6'1 215 OL/LB
61 Ethan Craig 11 5'10 198 OL/DL
63 Tyler Brooks 10 6'0 290 OL/DL
65 Dylan Donnermeyer 10 5'11 220 OL/DL
72 Maleek Lawrence 11 6'0 230 OL/DL
73 Parker Osburg 11 6'0 225 OL/DL
74 Konner Carmack 11 5'11 215 OL/DL
77 Hunter Pittman 10 5'11 245 OL/DL
78 Kameron Winter 11 6'5 270 OL/DL
Not a hater,just a realist. You kill me with all the "love" you try to spread when your the biggest troll on this and the other site. I hope all NKY teams perform well but NCC is in for a long season until district play. Once district play begins things will fall into place. If you don't believe me take a look into that empty garbage, find their previos records and educate yourself. By the way, your roster is wrong. I won't tell ya, you figure it out.
^^^
nuclear option Wrote:Not a hater,just a realist. You kill me with all the "love" you try to spread when your the biggest troll on this and the other site. I hope all NKY teams perform well but NCC is in for a long season until district play. Once district play begins things will fall into place. If you don't believe me take a look into that empty garbage, find their previos records and educate yourself. By the way, your roster is wrong. I won't tell ya, you figure it out.

Again, who is your team?
nuclear option Wrote:Exactly, who steps in for them? From what I've seen they have no one with exceptional speed or catching ability. If they did, wouldn't they have played this year? The Qb must become a running threat. He avoided as much contact as possible last year, hopefully that will change as he gets older. Oline is extremely inexperienced. The seniors who were lost have started in some capacity as soph's and have been mainstays since they were juniors. There will be a ton of opportunity but getting guys who want to be offensive lineman is another task.

No one with the exceptional speed???