• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of candidates to replace Neal Brown
This is a list of names that I have seen:

James Cooley: OC, Miami, Pro-Style
Lincoln Riley: OC, East Carolina, Air Raid
Chris Hatcher: Head Coach, Murray State, Air Raid
Eddie Gran: OC, Cincinnati, Pro-Style
Tim Beck: OC, Nebraska, Run-oriented spread

Some media members were reporting that James Cooley was headed to Kentucky earlier, but the rumors died down when Cooley said he hadn't even been offered the job. But still one of the top 5 to be watching.
[Image:

]
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:This is a list of names that I have seen:

James Cooley: OC, Miami, Pro-Style
Lincoln Riley: OC, East Carolina, Air Raid
Chris Hatcher: Head Coach, Murray State, Air Raid
Eddie Gran: OC, Cincinnati, Pro-Style
Tim Beck: OC, Nebraska, Run-oriented spread

Some media members were reporting that James Cooley was headed to Kentucky earlier, but the rumors died down when Cooley said he hadn't even been offered the job. But still one of the top 5 to be watching.

I would take Riley out of this bunch
Out of this bunch id have to go with Cooley or Riley.
cuppett777 Wrote:I would take Riley out of this bunch

I am sick of the "Air Raid" but if I was Stoops and wanted to run the "Air Raid" I would go after the man who invented it Hal Mumme himself! Mumme's first year at UK he took personal recruited for the Stack I option system and averaged over 32 points a game with them. Reading on KSR I like the Pro Style guy who doesn't like the dink and dunk crap JAMES COLEY
Whats sad.....

We've been hearing we are an "Air Raid" style offense for two seasons now, but we haven't seen an air raid offense yet.

We don't have the stable of WR's, RB's, TE's and O-Linemen to play that style of offense yet.

So does Stoops give up on the recruits he's already brought in for the 'Air Raid' style and go with a spread style or pro style offense? Or does he keep the pace and continue to bring in more air raid players/coaches?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Stoops wanted Coley to begin with but went with Neal Brown. I would not be surprised if Kentucky's new offensive Coordinator is James Coley. I also wouldn't mind having both East Carolina Offensive Coordinators
Id go for cooley or the ecu guy...but as far as an air raide system..you have a beast running back in williams, so whoever it is better find a way to run the ball alot more. Especially if you want any shot of pulling D.Harris in.
I love watching East Carolina. The things Riley has done with that offense is unbelievable!
Riley offense is nationally ranked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
As a Canes fan Cooley would be a great get for UK but Riley I think is the better choice with the recruits Stoops and company have been landing. Just so happens, that I've watched 3 EC games this year and to say their offense is exciting is an understatement. Who is the OC at Western Ky and NIU. Both those teams are fun to watch and have explosive offenses also.
Just saw where some UK players including a bunch of offensive players started following Riley's Twitter account today.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Whats sad.....

We've been hearing we are an "Air Raid" style offense for two seasons now, but we haven't seen an air raid offense yet.

We don't have the stable of WR's, RB's, TE's and O-Linemen to play that style of offense yet.

So does Stoops give up on the recruits he's already brought in for the 'Air Raid' style and go with a spread style or pro style offense? Or does he keep the pace and continue to bring in more air raid players/coaches?

The "Air Raid" was designed to allow teams with less athletic talent to compete! Hal Mumme took a guy too slow to be a WR and too small to be a true TE (James Whalen)and made a All-American out him! All it took to be a "Air Raid" WR was the ability to catch the ball. Craig Yeast was a under sized WR with blazing Speed Mumme turned into one of the best ever at UK a guy who's stats still rank up there with the best in SEC history! Neal Brown ran the "Read Option" and called it the "Air Raid" as a way to feed UK fans what they wanted to eat!
Cooley or Riley are great fits!!!
I'd love to see Mumme back!
Playboy5 Wrote:I'd love to see Mumme back!

I'm not so sure he'd be welcomed back with open arms after getting us on probation, and setting us back a few years.
He's forgiven in my eyes, lol.
Who ever they get they need to be able to compete with big boys of the sec or it will be all the years past. All hype, with smoke and mirrors and bad results.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
We clearly need a quality OC, but we also need some legitimate SEC talent for him to work with. IMO we do not have one offensive player that would be any higher than 3rd team at Alabama or LSU (including P Towles) Boom Williams at times looks like 1st or 2nd team SEC talent but he seems injury prone and is not consistent. If Stoops gets 2 more good recruiting classes we might be a decent team in his 4th year, and that is a HUGE if? IMO they will have a hard time filling Commonwealth Stadium up next year, then year 4 will tell the tale and I don't mean compete for a SEC east title but simply be competitive with everyone in the Sec and win at least 3 SEC games and get bowl eligible.........
Ok, we have SEC talent first of all. Now it's not Alabama, Miss ST, Auburn, LSU, or Georgia quality, but it's getting better. This class was his first full year recruiting. Most of our best young talent was redshirted. Overall on defense we will be younger next year but better with the talent. Our DB's will be young, but with the 2015 group, they are very talented. Kei Beckham will be one to watch. We Will be deeper, which is what we lack. Offensively we will be better after getting rid of that excuse for an OC. You cannot in any way say he was a good one, he had his foot out the door. Calling QB draws, we don't have Michael Vick. I'm confident the next guy will run an efficient offense that lets Towles work or Barker if so. I think Jabari Greenwood will be a great addition to WR core. Our offensive linemen they are bringing in are SEC size and one of our commits is at the Alabama all-star game showing a lot of kids up, has impressed and shown to be one of the best OL down there. Just be a little patient. We will compete, especially in the east. The West is a different story, that division is ridiculous at how good they are from top to bottom.
According to footballscoop Steve Spurrier Jr. was contacted by Mark Stoops about the position but is farther down the list. Also saying Lincoln Riley is the front runner but it is just taking a while to complete the process. Spurrier Jr. currently serving as co-OC for his dad at USC and is also recruiting coordinator there.