Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 27 Paintsville 21 in OT
CliffClavern Wrote:Has Daniel committed to any colleges yet?

Nope. I know Pikeville offered him and he turned it down, at least that is what one of his teammates said.
Redneck Wrote:I only got one thing to say about the timely penalties called, anyone who knows football and knows the rules, that pass interference called against PHS with .40 to go in the game was a crock of shit. The Hazard reciever pushed the PHS DB in the back while attempting to go after an uncatchable ball. The PHS DB NEVER stopped infront of him, made contact with him or anything, the guy pushed him in the back then fell down and the ref threw the flag. Worst call I have ever seen in my life. Who's to say they wouldn't have scored the next play, we'll never know, just a BS call IMO.

The play calling in OT blew my mind. They knew we were gonna run the veer like we had all night, Hazard had everyone in the box and we still tried running it up the gut.

Great effort Tigers, you boys played your butts off. Great career and way to hang in there Seniors, it was a pleasure watching you boys over the last couple years.

Good luck next week Hazard, you're gonna need it.

This has been going on at Hazard for many years. Which crew called the game, anyone know??
jetpilot Wrote:This has been going on at Hazard for many years.

I know it, I went thru it when I played and we went to Hazard, we won but still, refs were horrible. This was a neutral set of refs though, I was expecting a good officiated game.
congrats to Hazard
LovetheBucs Wrote:Just want to say congrats to Daniel Pugh on a fantastic career.

:thumpsup: Great job he's done for the Tigers!!
Redneck Wrote:I know it, I went thru it when I played and we went to Hazard, we won but still, refs were horrible. This was a neutral set of refs though, I was expecting a good officiated game.

Well, when you go to Hazard to play, you expect this sort of thing. So you can't blame the game on the officials. It was a bad pass interference call, but it was the Tigers that blew the 14-0 lead and the 21-7 lead that led to the refs being in a position to possibly influence the outcome. The Tigers played hard in this game and deserve a lot of congrats, but little mistakes by the players and coaches both added up and killed them. The refs were just the nail in the coffin.

But they still did better than most people thought. It is just a shame that they had the game won and lost it. But that is how it goes sometimes.
Too many men on the field was the penalty that Hazard took on that play. You can't blame anybody, but your own team on that one.Calls didn't beat you,if you was at the game,you know what beat you!
GridironGang1 Wrote:Too many men on the field was the penalty that Hazard took on that play. You can't blame anybody, but your own team on that one.Calls didn't beat you,if you was at the game,you know what beat you!

I guess you weren't at the game either, they took the pass interfernce call.
Wrong,I'm at every game,I'm in the pressbox.
Cookie time for the pressbox boy. This games over I'd quit worrying about football anyway Paintsville. Basketball time in Paintsville.
Congrats to Hazard
G/L next week against Pikeville..you''ll need it
bigpun Wrote:Cookie time for the pressbox boy. This games over I'd quit worrying about football anyway Paintsville. Basketball time in Paintsville.

Yeah man. Same will go for Hazard after friday when the Panthers (who are playing the best they have all year the last couple of weeks) get hold of them.
I agree Redneck.
i heard this was a great game...im glad hazard came away with the win. congrats to paintsville for playing hard...and making it a game..
GridironGang1 Wrote:Wrong,I'm at every game,I'm in the pressbox.

The penalty taken was 15 yards as shown on the film of the game. The fumble by PAINTSVILLE with about 5 minutes to go killed them. First down on the Hazard 30, with four plays to run the clock.
LineBacker #3 Wrote:i heard this was a great game...im glad hazard came away with the win. congrats to paintsville for playing hard...and making it a game..

Making it a game? Do you know what the score was with 5 minutes to go in regulation? In case you didn't know, Paintsville 21 Hazard 7.
im with bigpun...its basketball season in paintsville....uh oh, showtime!!
Bad calls didn't help, but Paintsville erased their own best efforts and beat themselves! End of story!!

Let's move on to basketball and hope that the Tigers can make it to Rupp this year!
Oh Hazard has always had better calls than other teams at home field. How ironic is this?....you people always complain about the calls your team gets ..... quit grippin and get over it, if you think you can do a better job a callin become a ref!.....I had a feeling that the topic would come up about the calls that happened late in the game. They werent made because hazard was losing they were made because they actually happened. Paintsville is just dumb enough to have 12 players on the field. The pass interfrence that happened with a few seconds left was probably a bad call but it dont matter now, there's nothing we can do about it, HAZARD WON!!!! *Woo*
This game was alot closer than I expected.
Hazard should have drilled them but they better get ready for Pikeville now
Rubble2007 Wrote:Oh Hazard has always had better calls than other teams at home field. How ironic is this?....you people always complain about the calls your team gets ..... quit grippin and get over it, if you think you can do a better job a callin become a ref!.....I had a feeling that the topic would come up about the calls that happened late in the game. They werent made because hazard was losing they were made because they actually happened. Paintsville is just dumb enough to have 12 players on the field. The pass interfrence that happened with a few seconds left was probably a bad call but it dont matter now, there's nothing we can do about it, HAZARD WON!!!! *Woo*

Dumb enough?? Preparation is key to any team, if it's week 12 into the high school football season and people still don't know where they belong. I don't think I have to say much more.
All-American Lineman Wrote:Hazard should have drilled them but they better get ready for Pikeville now

Just so you know Mr. All-American lineman, after you and your lil' buddy have mouthed all season long. I'm glad you all got stroked last week at Pikeville, very deserving, IMHO. No way should Hazard have drilled Paintsville this season, I take that as you saying that Hazard was the far more superior team. Their 14 point margin of victory was self-inflicted just as the 6 point OT victory. Hazard is a good ball team, but they're no world beaters like the mighty Cavs. Hazard, Paintsville and the obvious Pikeville would have all stroked you at the end of the season, believe it.
A wise man once said, "In order to play defense you have to have blood in one eye and crap in another." Well I think they(the Jenkins faithful who got drilled last week after talking all that trash and left their sacks on the bus) must have crap in both eyes because they can't see anything other than the green and white. I heard about the game from a buddy that was there...I believe Paintsville just pissed it away from what I understood.
Watched highlights for this one.. and it looked to be a dandy!
IRISH4 Wrote:A wise man once said, "In order to play defense you have to have blood in one eye and crap in another." Well I think they(the Jenkins faithful who got drilled last week after talking all that trash and left their sacks on the bus) must have crap in both eyes because they can't see anything other than the green and white. I heard about the game from a buddy that was there...I believe Paintsville just pissed it away from what I understood.

Pissed it away, is the best I've heard it put. Very true.