Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 69 Fulton Co. 0
Final.
Mayfield led 36-0 in 1Q. 57-0 at halftime.
Yup
Hard to score 69 with running clock
Running clock with almost 4 min. to play in the 1st Quarter.
Expected. but, congrats Mayfield.
E's Army Wrote:Hard to score 69 with running clock

IT's in the water....E. Confusednicker:
The water is on lockdown.
Very classless score.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Very classless score.

You know nothing of mayfield if you think Joe Morris runs up the score.
Dude, what more could we do. We started subbing in the first qtr. We had the entire jv in by 2nd qtr. We didn't throw a single pass from the 2nd on. We had the third string in at half. We can't stop the boys from running the ball.

That was a classless post!!!!
How so? You do realize the team they played couldn't beat Phelps with a 2 TD head start? I'd say Mayfield likely had the JV in from the end of the 1st qtr on and still scored 3 or 4 TDs. Can't tell the players to fall down and pretend they got tackled. I doubt Mayfield ran it up.

Mayfield scored 4 TDs on fumbles; defense ran them in for scores. Our defense scored almost as much as our offense.
Another indicator of how the Mayfield coaching staff attempted to keep from running up the score was when, given the opportunity for the PAT for the JV, they opted to run a 2 point conversion instead, with lesser successful results.
I would think the better way to describe how hard he tried to keep from running it up would be like this. After putting in the jv, our outstanding freshman rb was gashing them. He didn't get to stay in long. Coach Joe put in the freshman fullback for the rest of the way to slow it down.
I'm glad the cupcakes have been eaten, so we can have some real games, I just wish I could make it next week to the russellville game.
If you don't like the score get a better defense...

It is the job of the offense to score, not matter what, first string players or fourth.

It is the defense's job to stop the offense.

The backup and their backups and their backup are trying to impress coaches so to get more playing time in the meat of the game. I have no problem with the score. I have been on both ends of that type of game and honestly it is not that fun on either end.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would think the better way to describe how hard he tried to keep from running it up would be like this. After putting in the jv, our outstanding freshman rb was gashing them. He didn't get to stay in long. Coach Joe put in the freshman fullback for the rest of the way to slow it down.

Bull shi@@
Any one can do that that wants to
I see what you are talking about when you ask in A earlier post how Berea scored 21 points.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:If you don't like the score get a better defense...

It is the job of the offense to score, not matter what, first string players or fourth.

It is the defense's job to stop the offense.

The backup and their backups and their backup are trying to impress coaches so to get more playing time in the meat of the game. I have no problem with the score. I have been on both ends of that type of game and honestly it is not that fun on either end.

You need to score all you can. After all you are Mayfield. AND MAYFIELD CAN"T HELP IT>
when you say you can't help it you are pp on our leg and telling us it is raining.
Advice just don't answer post forget it and move on,
You may have done them a favor they may get together and discuss ways and means to improve their program.
and again you may helped in the decision to quit football.
Man, Top is sure not a Cards fan

Top why the hate for the Cards?
mayfield_9 Wrote:Mayfield scored 4 TDs on fumbles; defense ran them in for scores. Our defense scored almost as much as our offense.

You dont have to explain:biggrin:
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'm glad the cupcakes have been eaten, so we can have some real games, I just wish I could make it next week to the russellville game.

zingers and twinkies galoreConfusednicker:
Man that last loss of last year for the burg must have caused old notch to lose his freaking marbles. He is just spouting of on any thread with a mention of Mayfield. I have never seen anyone go so overboard. I got a feeling he is gonna be pissed at Hazard and Pikeville next year after one of them take care of the burg in the playoffs.