Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgetown Tigers Basketball
I know that Georgetown typically has a terrific team. Yet I haven't heard much about them this preseason. Does anybody know what they have coming back and if they'll be any good? I would like anything that would be similar to a scouting report. Thanks.
Street and Smith has ranked them 7th in the NAIA preseason poll. 3 Starters return led by Brian Silverhorn. The current roster has 7 NCAA Divison 1 transfers notably Chris Gaither from Temple, Donnovan Brown from Houston, and Jason Petrimoulx from UNLV. They have 2 Divison 1 matchups this year, November 1st at Louisville and then November 6th at Dayton.
Wow, sounds like they'll be dominant. Who do they open with? I'd like to see them myself!
The schedule on the website says that on October 28th they will open their season hosting Asbury. Asbury seems to be playing a tough schedule from what I've seen playing quite a few division 1 teams to go along with the Georgetown game. I hope Jordan Noble gets to see some playing time for Asbury in that game.
clipperw Wrote:The schedule on the website says that on October 28th they will open their season hosting Asbury. Asbury seems to be playing a tough schedule from what I've seen playing quite a few division 1 teams to go along with the Georgetown game. I hope Jordan Noble gets to see some playing time for Asbury in that game.

I remember Jordan Noble when he played for Corbin....I thought he went to Alice Lloyd though?
Yeah Jordan went to ALC and redshirted last season then decided to transfer to Asbury for this upcoming year. He was one of the nicer guys that I got to know over at ALC hopefully he will have great success at Asbury.
clipperw Wrote:Yeah Jordan went to ALC and redshirted last season then decided to transfer to Asbury for this upcoming year. He was one of the nicer guys that I got to know over at ALC hopefully he will have great success at Asbury.

It's always good to hear of someone with talent being a class act. Good luck Asbury/Jordan!

:letsparty
G'Town sounds tough, like always. Should be an easy first win for the Tigers, when they take on Asbury.
Slamdown Wrote:G'Town sounds tough, like always. Should be an easy first win for the Tigers, when they take on Asbury.

I'd have to agree with you 100%. Good luck this year Tigers!
You all were right G-town walked away with their first victory this year over Asbury College 75-55. Interesting fact though: Asbury led the entire game until 10 minutes left to go. At the 10 minute mark the depth of Georgetown completely took over and ran away with it. Congrats Georgetown.
Asbury must have been playing some good basketball to stay that close for so long.