Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiwanis Bowl Russell 6 Ashland 0
Muddy conditions and very little offense. Will Rice had over 100 yards rushing for Russell. Total offense was under 100 for Ashland and around 160 for Russell. I don't think "mud cleats" would have helped in that mess.
Was this a middle school game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Freshman game. Played every year between the two teams.
Oh ok. You all coming to Louisa Saturday to watch the 7th and 8th grade teams play?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Wow! I don't think I've ever been so wet in my life! It was worth it though. The teams seemed to be very evenly matched in the conditions. Great win for the Devils. Congrats
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I have never seen so many fumbles, or fumbled snaps in a game. The rain was pouring (harder than I've ever seen it pour at a game), and that played a big role in it.

Russell's game-winning touchdown came early in the first quarter. It was raining early, but right after they blocked an Ashland punt, the rain started pouring like crazy. Ashland held Russell to 4th and 10 and Russell decided to go for the first down since they had good field position. The quarterback made an excellent throw to his receiver who was behind three Ashland defenders, and he ran it down to the Ashland 5 yard line. Russell then got a 5 yard run for the only score of the game. From there on no one could move the ball. Each team would get an occasional first down or two, but because the rain was pouring so hard, no one could hold onto the ball (there were many fumbled snaps by both teams, and the teams would even go for it on 4th down in their own territory, except for once when Russell decided to punt late in the game (a punt that went about 10 yards).

Despite the heavy rain, it was an exciting game and I'm sure the kids had a good time. I'm guessing Rice was Russell's offensive MVP since he had 100 yards rushing, but I'm not sure who the other MVPs were. Could someone fill me in on that?

Finally, congrats to Russell on the win.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Wow! I don't think I've ever been so wet in my life! It was worth it though. The teams seemed to be very evenly matched in the conditions. Great win for the Devils. Congrats

I agree. There were lakes at midfield and the sidelines. Neither team could more the ball much and turnovers were terrible. But you can expect that in these conditions. Good job Russell.
Sound like a heck of a game!
Russells freshman team are a wonderful addition to the ranks of FRIDAY NIGHT. I have seen some of them play late inthe game but watching them in a game by themselves was wonderful, sloppy game , not much flash but a great game played by both teams..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I know it was wet and sloppy, but according to the paper's stats, Russell held Ashland to 88 total yards. Pretty good defensive performance.