Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 UK Football Recruiting
Kentucky makes top 8 for Damien Harris
:Thumbs:
Welcome new DC area commits, DE Darius Fullwood and WR Jabari Greenwood. They had a dual commitment ceremony at Fullwood's house.
Kei Beckham and Marcus Walker both committed to Kentucky at FNL.
Thanks for all the updates guys.
The Brown kid, who is a top 50 lineman from Cincinnati, just chose Florida over Kentucky. Also, Four Star WR Alex Stump who has committed to UK, is visiting Stanford this weekend. C.J. Conrad, who is one of our highest rated commits, is taking part in a camp at Ohio State, and some are saying he might recieve an offer from the Buckeyes, which could possibly be a game changer in his recruitment. I hope Stump and Conrad stay committed, but if not the wheels could be coming off of the "15" recruiting class.
Cat Daddy Wrote:The Brown kid, who is a top 50 lineman from Cincinnati, just chose Florida over Kentucky. Also, Four Star WR Alex Stump who has committed to UK, is visiting Stanford this weekend. C.J. Conrad, who is one of our highest rated commits, is taking part in a camp at Ohio State, and some are saying he might recieve an offer from the Buckeyes, which could possibly be a game changer in his recruitment. I hope Stump and Conrad stay committed, but if not the wheels could be coming off of the "15" recruiting class.

Not off, just a lil worn. Programs want kids that want to be with them. If they choose to go elsewhere clearly there was a problem with their level of commitment, trust, and what the Wildcats are selling. Tonights a big night for OSU. The Friday Night Lights camp attracts a lot of stellar athletes. If they do go it will provide an opportunity for ideally a better player to step up and want to be a Wildcat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I hear C.J. Conrad didn't do well at the Ohio State camp and didn't get an offer. Another 2015 TE recruit committed to OSU last night instead. I expect Conrad to stay with UK.

Also, I'm not too worried about Stump, I don't see him going all the way to California to play ball. If it was Clemson or OSU or even Michigan State then I might be concerned, but an Ohio kid choosing Stanford over Kentucky? Nah.

Brown was a shock, he was leading BBN on hard all week. But it's all good. I think the 2015 class is still going to be the best yet.

Interesting day. I hear Alex Stump is back from California and is 100% committed to UK.

Also, brothers Andrew and David Dowell decommitted from Northwestern (Kentucky has offered David, they're both teammates of Alex Stump).

AND, Marcus Lewis decommitted from Florida today (Kentucky has offered).

They are all 4-stars in the class of 2015.
Hearing that 4-star brothers Andrew and David Dowell were on Campus at UK today. Rivals saying that Kentucky is very high on them.
Saw this on WildcatBlueNation.com yesterday...

Quote:Football season is in full swing and that means previews, in-game updates and post game analysis. It also means predictions and combing through statistics. But worry not recruitniks, I haven’t forgotten about you, today we are going to look at an update focusing solely on the 2015 class:

In case you’ve been under a rock all week, the Cats picked up a commitment from Florida DB Jeremiah Dinson this weekend. A tally, rangy athlete, Dinson chose UK over Arkansas. There appears to be just one more ride available for a secondary player in this class going forward.

Damien Harris was in attendance to watch Ohio State lose to Virginia Tech Saturday. All reports say that the visit didn’t really swing Harris one way or the other but OSU’s offensive struggles certainly couldn’t have helped. People around the program still seem optimistic on getting Harris on board in December.

One of Kentucky’s top linebacker targets, Amonte Caban, committed to Louisville yesterday. He had recently named South Carolina his leader, with Mississippi State, Tennessee, UK and Louisville rounding out the top schools. It looks like SC and MSU didn’t have room for him. UK Still lacks a true middle linebacker in this class.

Speaking of linebackers, Kentucky is still in hot pursuit of Ohio State commit Nick Conner. A flip seems pretty unlikely given Conner’s love for the Buckeyes but where there is smoke… You have to also believe that they are in the ear of Vanderbilt commit Josh Smith in case Vandy’s tumble reaches full free fall this year.

It’s looking like it’s Kentucky versus Alabama for Kengera Daniel, which worked out well for the Cats in the Matt Elam saga. Daniel is a different kind of guy, sitting in on heart surgery while on his UK visit, and the underdog seems to appeal to him quite a bit.

It looks like Kentucky will take one more wide receiver and that will be Tavin Richardson.
The staff feels good about Ohio DT Javon Provitt if they can get him to campus on an official visit. Right now Cincinnati leads but that is because it’s the only school he has been able to see.

With Vanderbilt struggling, the feel is that Kentucky leads for the Dowell Twins, David and Andrew, but there is no timetable for a decision. The twins and their father were pleasantly surprised by a visit to Lexington and both are takes for the staff right now. They are teammates of current commit Alex Stump.

Kentucky is recruiting Florida LB Joe Riggins (is there a more linebacker name? NO) but has not offered yet. The thing that makes this worth watching is that DJ Eliot himself is handling Riggins’s recruitment.

4* linebacker Eli Brown will play quarterback this season instead of defense. Some have expressed concern over this but it’s just an example of a young man doing whatever it takes to help his team win. Brown isn’t going to forget how to tackle and intended to redshirt his first year anyway.

Kentucky is still recruiting former commit and current Alabama pledge Montrell CUstis very hard.

The 2016 class in the state of Kentucky continues to grow and it’s looking like a banner year for in-state recruiting. If Kentucky can win a few games that they weren’t supposed to and somehow make a bowl or impress in some other fashion (such as a fancy multi=million dollar stadium upgrade) then the Cats could clean up in-state next year. There will be around ten offer-worthy prospects in next years crop that could form a home-grown 'Dream Team' of sorts if they joined forces. If it happens, it will likely be led by Woodford County OL Drake Jackson. UK already has commitments from two of the states top players in Lafayettes Landon Young and McCracken County’s Zyaire Hughes.

Guessing that game last night will help in this department.
Story in Lexington Herald Today.
looking good
Last nights win over S.C. Got UK 3 verbals today. 4 star DB from Georgia and the Twins from Ohio. Stoops and company keep winning on the field and being competitive and you will win a lot of battles in recruiting.
Quinton Baker from Ashland just committed to UK after the game tonight. He was their on a visit.
T-CATS Wrote:Quinton Baker from Ashland just committed to UK after the game tonight. He was their on a visit.

Quinton is a great kid and a very hard worker, has been hitting the weights hard the last year and a half. Really good sprinter and has been consistently top two in this area in the 100m and 200m since about the 8th grade. Very happy for him and his family, wish him all the luck in the world.

Does anyone have any updates? I know Kentucky got 2 transfers from Nebraska today.