Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 55 Powell County 0
i just got off the phone with one of powell co. qb he is ok nothing is broken..they just took him to the hospital to be checked out to make sure
When you dress 25 kids on a AA team there are issues to be deaslt with.... Those kids are players and gave a great effort. Russell just wears people people out. Our seniors played a good game and everyone that filled in and did their job.
Good luck CODY and the other boys on the team. After the game I stood on the field and shook CODY's hand and other plaers came up to me and said good game COACH...... I dont coach high school ball,,, but the Powell Co. boys were and are gentlemen....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats to Russell
Congrats to Russell!!
congrats Russel
Although Powell had an upsetting loss against Russell, I'm sure they gave it all they had. And best wishes to the injured players.

congrats to Russell on their victory, and good luck to Powell county in the rest of the season.
I would also like to add that although #2 was injured in the Powell/Russell game he will be back and ready to dominate against Morgan county in their upcoming game this week.
Any news on them?
yea i know #2 and he is OK and will be OK to play against Morgan co. I think he got knocked out and bruised his ribs and #11 had a concussion but will be able to play against Morgan too.
I think they messed up on the stats because I was at the game and I remember Billy throwing a 30 yard pass to Sebey and that was the only completion of the night for Powell Co.
Great job Powell..... I even screamed when you guys made the first down....
"That's another first down for POWELL COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Your home announcer is FANtastic !!!!!!!!!!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:How is this for hitting????

Team Statistics (Final)

The Automated ScoreBook
Powell County vs #3 Russell (Sep 22, 2006 at Russell)

PCHS RHS

FIRST DOWNS................... 5 16
Rushing..................... 3 10
Passing..................... 1 6
Penalty..................... 1 0
NET YARDS RUSHING............. 38 240
Rushing Attempts............ 36 31
Average Per Rush............ 1.1 7.7
Yards Gained Rushing........ 82 256
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 44 16
NET YARDS PASSING............. 30 155
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 1-7-0 6-9-1
Average Per Attempt......... 4.3 17.2
Average Per Completion...... 30.0 25.8
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 68 395
Total offense plays......... 43 40
Average Gain Per Play....... 1.6 9.9
Fumbles: Number-Lost.......... 7-4 3-0
Penalties: Number-Yards....... 1-5 5-24
PUNTS-YARDS................... 4-103 0-0
Average Yards Per Punt...... 25.8 0.0
Net Yards Per Punt.......... 21.8 0.0
Inside 20................... 0 0
50+ Yards................... 0 0
Touchbacks.................. 0 0
Fair catch.................. 1 0
KICKOFFS-YARDS................ 1-25 8-364
Average Yards Per Kickoff... 25.0 45.5
Net Yards Per Kickoff....... 21.0 31.9
Touchbacks.................. 0 1
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD. 0-0-0 2-16-0
Average Per Return.......... 0.0 8.0
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 5-109-0 1-4-0
Average Per Return.......... 21.8 4.0
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD.. 1-0-0 0-0-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD. 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards........... 0 0
Possession Time............... 29:10 18:50
1st Quarter................. 8:08 3:52
2nd Quarter................. 5:59 6:01
3rd Quarter................. 7:20 4:40
4th Quarter................. 7:43 4:17
Third-Down Conversions........ 2 of 11 3 of 5
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 1 of 3 1 of 1
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 0-0 4-5
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 0-0 1-4
PAT Kicks..................... 0-0 6-5
Field Goals................... 0-0 0-1

Great Post!!!
Has Russell lost yet??
NYY10 Wrote:Has Russell lost yet??
Yes. In a 3 overtime thriller to Ashland 24-21.
congrats to russell
Russell, in yet another romp over a pathetic district team, proves that once again, games are not won on paper. This should've been an 80 point game but Powell Co. showed enough heart to keep this one within striking distance. I think Russell may have been peeking ahead to one of the other JV teams in their district. Coach Mcglone should have these mistakes fixed by next week's game against the Greenup JV volleyball team.
Volleyball ?
Ann Arbor's Finest Wrote:Russell, in yet another romp over a pathetic district team, proves that once again, games are not won on paper. This should've been an 80 point game but Powell Co. showed enough heart to keep this one within striking distance. I think Russell may have been peeking ahead to one of the other JV teams in their district. Coach Mcglone should have these mistakes fixed by next week's game against the Greenup JV volleyball team.
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn
powells #11 sustained a major concusion and could not remember where he was but did good through the game with a interception and positive rushing yards. Also #2 had a mild concusion and a back injury both are good and ready to play against morgan
But Russell will not repeat this year for another state championship if they do make it through to the finals they will more than likely be playing Mercer Co and Mercer will be to much for russell
The College One Wrote:But Russell will not repeat this year for another state championship if they do make it through to the finals they will more than likely be playing Mercer Co and Mercer will be to much for russell

I agree.......................MERGER will win it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey FBALL !!!! Iam on the kick again !!!!!!!
I am not hating on russell thats one of the best programs in the state of kentucky without a doubt and they have a great coaching staff too I seen that friday night. Both teams played wiht heart and they didnt give up i was proud with both groups out there i wish them both luck later through the season
Hey Cody Lopez!!!!
Thought you played with heart son...........Give back to your program by helping with the kids, they ( the kids) will love you for it.
GG Russel dont know much about you but glad for you to get a win.
good job russell. you guys have the best sportsmanship out of all the teams i have played this year. i was wanting to meet you deviloligist after the game but didnt get the chance. just wanted to apologize for everything said about kasey. and tell you, he is a great athlete and could be better with a little of my skills. LOL just playing he is much better than i could ever be. congrats russell.:thumpsup:
congradulations russell and good luck to powell next week
Spinmove#5 Wrote:good job russell. you guys have the best sportsmanship out of all the teams i have played this year. i was wanting to meet you deviloligist after the game but didnt get the chance. just wanted to apologize for everything said about kasey. and tell you, he is a great athlete and could be better with a little of my skills. LOL just playing he is much better than i could ever be. congrats russell.:thumpsup:

I saw you but could not get there in time. I met with Cody and shook his hand. I will be ther for some time. I'll be around.... If you guys want to email me privately I have some things for you to do...... Spin move is not one of them.
Something that might help you out in the long run...