Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 75 Corbin 59
Final.
I left right before the end of the game, but I thought this was the correct score, if it isn't someone correct me and ill fix it. Its somewhere in that ball park.

First off let me say, Corbin played close for 3 quarters, but never could defend Whitley well enough to stop them.

Before anybody starts on Wizzard, let me add this.

1. Craig was the best player on the floor tonight and dominated Corbin. They did not have an answer for her. Not exactly sure on the stats, but she had to have around 15-20 and just as many rebounds. I remember toward the end of the game she had 4 rebound on one offensive possession.

2. Wizzard hates the refs, and tonight he had good reason. Worst crew ive seen in a long time before both the boys and girls game. Corbin can flat out shoot free throws, and all but 2 or 3 of there 4th qtr points came off them. I remember them mentioning on the radio on the way home, Corbin had outshot Whitley 22-6 at the line, so with the free throws this would have been a complete blowout.

Good win tonight for the girls, first time Whitley has swept Corbin in both girls and boys in a long time.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final.
I left right before the end of the game, but I thought this was the correct score, if it isn't someone correct me and ill fix it. Its somewhere in that ball park.

First off let me say, Corbin played close for 3 quarters, but never could defend Whitley well enough to stop them.

Before anybody starts on Wizzard, let me add this.

1. Craig was the best player on the floor tonight and dominated Corbin. They did not have an answer for her. Not exactly sure on the stats, but she had to have around 15-20 and just as many rebounds. I remember toward the end of the game she had 4 rebound on one offensive possession.

2. Wizzard hates the refs, and tonight he had good reason. Worst crew ive seen in a long time before both the boys and girls game. Corbin can flat out shoot free throws, and all but 2 or 3 of there 4th qtr points came off them. I remember them mentioning on the radio on the way home, Corbin had outshot Whitley 22-6 at the line, so with the free throws this would have been a complete blowout.

Good win tonight for the girls, first time Whitley has swept Corbin in both girls and boys in a long time.
Final was 75-59 RIUTG.
I thought Smith was the best player on the floor by a long shot. Corbin refused to guard the pick and roll and let Craig score at will, as for the refereeing just like every 13th region game you go to. If a big girl try's to block a shot it's a foul. First time I've seen either one of these team since the CFIT and Whitley as really came around, I was not sold on there coach when I first saw them but he has got them really playing well. I thought they was 15 point better than Corbin.
Big win for Whitley county. They are gaining confidence every game. As far as Craig, smith, or anyone else being the best player on the floor does it really matter. They will all need to be playing at their very best if they want to win this region. Good luck going forward.
Whitley had a great first, third and fourth quarter. Their second quarter was a bit shakey. Their defense was the difference especially in the fourth quarter. Corbin only had 2 field goals. Corbin did a good job attacking the basket and getting to the free throw line but Whitley did a much better job executing their offense.

Although the Wilson girls were good, but the key was shutting down Ashley, she is the motor of the Lady Redhounds, and Whitley took her out of the game and that limited what the Wilsons could do.
it surprised me. They played so well against us. really thought Corbin was getting ready to go on a run.... not sure what happened to them. I thought their depth would really be the difference
Shocked by margin
Warthog Wrote:Shocked by margin
If not for the lopsided free throw advantage for Corbin.....the margin would have been a lot more! I will give Corbin credit though....they are fighters and can really shoot free throws!!!!:Thumbs:
Its them refs.....
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:If not for the lopsided free throw advantage for Corbin.....the margin would have been a lot more! I will give Corbin credit though....they are fighters and can really shoot free throws!!!!:Thumbs:

Yep, there's a secret organization in the 13th region funded by underground former Corbin greats with deep pockets. These old greats were actually transfers from Whitley county but got brainwashed in the old Corbin hospital while attending Corbin years ago. These individuals run the referee activity in the 13th and their sole purpose is to screw Whitley County anytime they play. This is a secret society that Mike Ashurst created after he infiltrated the 13 region officiating. He's actually the Godfather of 13th region referring and decides who wins and who loses. Corbin shot more free throws against Whitley because he set it up that way. It's all part of a grand plan that will eventually lead to Whitley's demise in the district. I also think Seal Team six is made up of Corbin grads who transferred in from the county.:please:
oldhound70s Wrote:Yep, there's a secret organization in the 13th region funded by underground former Corbin greats with deep pockets. These old greats were actually transfers from Whitley county but got brainwashed in the old Corbin hospital while attending Corbin years ago. These individuals run the referee activity in the 13th and their sole purpose is to screw Whitley County anytime they play. This is a secret society that Mike Ashurst created after he infiltrated the 13 region officiating. He's actually the Godfather of 13th region referring and decides who wins and who loses. Corbin shot more free throws against Whitley because he set it up that way. It's all part of a grand plan that will eventually lead to Whitley's demise in the district. I also think Seal Team six is made up of Corbin grads who transferred in from the county.:please:
That is a fantastic story!!!! But, instead of your imagination......go check the game STATS!:eyeroll:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:That is a fantastic story!!!! But, instead of your imagination......go check the game STATS!:eyeroll:

So I guess that fouls and foul shots should basically be even for both teams after every game regardless of the number of times each team actually fouls.

You may not realize this, but some teams attack the basket more than other teams, some teams shoot more jump shots and some teams play defense differently.:HitWall:

Here is another conspiracy theory for you. Someone overheard the officials talking, and they said that every time it looked as though Corbin was going to get an easy basket, they would blow the whistle and call the foul before the shot.
This would take a sure 2 points off the board each time and force Corbin to either take it out or hit the FT's. Also this would slow the game down, allowing the Whitley Co. players to rest more often, therefore negating Corbin's depth advantage.:biglmao:
It is no secret that I am a Whitley fan, with that said here is my take on the game.

The officials were not great, not bad but not great. I think both coaches would have had legit complaints on more than a few calls.

I think that Whitley did a great job taking the real Corbin motor out the game and that is Ashley, they limited her crashing the boards and limited her second shots and kickouts to other players. This limited Corbin, to the Wilson's backing it in and drawing fouls. Whitley however did a much better job executing the offense and made more plays. Due the the fact that Corbin missed shot after shot they were never able to really get their press going, which surprised me especially off the made FTs. Whitley's half court defense was better and had they done a better job rebounding especially in the late first quarter and the whole second quarter the Lady Colonels win by 20+. Corbin had no answer for Craig in the middle or Smith driving to the bucket. The one player they did hurt was Johnson, and Estes more than made up for her. There are some things that the Lady Redhounds can overcome, but until they find an answer for Craig and Smith, they are going to struggle. Whitley continues to improve, not sure I'm seeing that same improvement from Corbin. They looked good early but have since leveled off.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:It is no secret that I am a Whitley fan, with that said here is my take on the game.

The officials were not great, not bad but not great. I think both coaches would have had legit complaints on more than a few calls.

I think that Whitley did a great job taking the real Corbin motor out the game and that is Ashley, they limited her crashing the boards and limited her second shots and kickouts to other players. This limited Corbin, to the Wilson's backing it in and drawing fouls. Whitley however did a much better job executing the offense and made more plays. Due the the fact that Corbin missed shot after shot they were never able to really get their press going, which surprised me especially off the made FTs. Whitley's half court defense was better and had they done a better job rebounding especially in the late first quarter and the whole second quarter the Lady Colonels win by 20+. Corbin had no answer for Craig in the middle or Smith driving to the bucket. The one player they did hurt was Johnson, and Estes more than made up for her. There are some things that the Lady Redhounds can overcome, but until they find an answer for Craig and Smith, they are going to struggle. Whitley continues to improve, not sure I'm seeing that same improvement from Corbin. They looked good early but have since leveled off.
Dead on!!!!
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:It is no secret that I am a Whitley fan, with that said here is my take on the game.

I totally agree 100%. It's nice to know some Whitley fans are sensible. I'm just waiting on someone to say Corbin recruited the Wilson girls.
As far as the Wilson girls attending Corbin, folks who were around the program for a number of years and knew about how certain involved parties got along were not surprised that they went to Corbin.

I am not going to lie, I would love to have them on my team. I am sure most anyone would like to have them on their team, but honestly if someone does not want to be there, as a coach you won't get their best so in the long run it has worked out well for everyone.

Corbin has a good team and J-Mac is doing a good job although I do think he is suffering some growing pains. Moving from top assistant to Head Coach is a tough transition but he will do fine, he knows the game and will work hard at making the team better.
oldhound70s Wrote:I totally agree 100%. It's nice to know some Whitley fans are sensible. I'm just waiting on someone to say Corbin recruited the Wilson girls.

:biglmao:
oldhound70s Wrote:Yep, there's a secret organization in the 13th region funded by underground former Corbin greats with deep pockets. These old greats were actually transfers from Whitley county but got brainwashed in the old Corbin hospital while attending Corbin years ago. These individuals run the referee activity in the 13th and their sole purpose is to screw Whitley County anytime they play. This is a secret society that Mike Ashurst created after he infiltrated the 13 region officiating. He's actually the Godfather of 13th region referring and decides who wins and who loses. Corbin shot more free throws against Whitley because he set it up that way. It's all part of a grand plan that will eventually lead to Whitley's demise in the district. I also think Seal Team six is made up of Corbin grads who transferred in from the county.:please:

:truestory:Confusednicker:

This explains a lot.
oldhound70s Wrote:I totally agree 100%. It's nice to know some Whitley fans are sensible. I'm just waiting on someone to say Corbin recruited the Wilson girls.

It was actually a trade, the Wilson sisters for Craig. It seems like it is working out well for all involved.
Why did Craig leave Corbin?
Lilly Wrote:Why did Craig leave Corbin?

Not sure, but someone told me it had to do with her brother not getting any playing time for the Redhound boys team.
Lilly Wrote:Why did Craig leave Corbin?

I heard B. Smiths family influenced the Craig's quite a bit but really don't know for sure. Something happened in middle school that caused them to pull her out and transfer to Whitley. It really doesn't matter....parents should be able to take their kids anywhere.
Both the Wilsons and Craig have been gone so long from the previous schools that it really does not matter why they left.

I will go down this road and say this: generally speaking (not addressing either of these cases) more often than not it is the parents who either think their crow is the blackest, meaning they think they won't get what the parents think they deserve or parents want something handed to them as the "saviors" of a particular program. I wold also venture to say that in maybe 10% of the cases it where kids have problems with coaches or other players, in 10% of other cases it is about playing time and wanting to be the star but not willing to compete and go to a lesser team. I would venture to guess if all the kids who transfer had stayed at their previous schools things probably would have worked out and been fine. In maybe 10% of the cases it is a situation where there needed to be a true change. I will agree and say parents should be able to take their kids where they want them to attend school without penalty...once, then there should be a price to pay. This is for the serial transfer cases. JMO