Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 85 Breathitt County 78
Surprise score of the night. No, this is not a typo.... Lady Cards knock off #1 Lit ranked team in 14th region...
south played well.
First road game of the season for the young Lady Cats. Schedule gets tough next week with games @LCC and home games against PCC, KCC, and Magoffin Co.
Where can you find the LIT rankings?
Wow this is a major shock to me.
Didn't expect this. South is a hard team to figure.
major shock that south could score 85 points locked in a gym by themselves all weekend let alone against the bobcats. lol super proud of the girls. They are capable of this. just have to do it more often
Litkenhous Ratings link

http://www.courier-journal.com/section/S...Basketball
LIT rankings are based on scoring averages per game....Breathitt, Powell, Letcher, Perry and Leslie will be in the mix for the regional title
South is definitely bottom tier in the 13th.

I honestly think the 13th is way ahead of the 14th this year.
The 13th, specially the top half, is much better than the 14th this season. Also, credit to another outstanding 13th region coach, Coach Snyder. She does a fine job year in and year out.
The 13th is better in most sports, except boys basketball of late.
South is a top 10 team in the 13th though, like I've said for a while.
South is second largest school in the 13th. 9 of 17 teams will play in the All A. South should be competitive.
School enrollment size matters the least in basketball, than any other sport. It is proven year in and year out. Also, if you are referring to the "All A" state tournament, it is not sanctioned by the KHSAA and the enrollment requirements to participate are broad. For instance, Middlesboro is 2A in football and Jackson County is 3A. Your statement puts SL in a no win scenario by your logic. If they have a good year, it's because they have more kids to choose from than other schools in the 13th and if they struggle it's just a horrible shame because, we'll they are so large... Why don't we just use some Obama math and divide up all the kids in the region evenly and throw them on busses so it is fair and no one gets cheated...
walterwhite Wrote:The 13th, specially the top half, is much better than the 14th this season. Also, credit to another outstanding 13th region coach, Coach Snyder. She does a fine job year in and year out.
Number 2 Corbin in the 13th defeated number 3 in the 14th Powell Co. by 10 in the Berea Holiday Classic.
I've seen South play and they are not very good at all. The first time I saw them I thought they would have a hard time scoring 85 points for the season. This game surprises me big time.
I have watched some great games in the 14th region. Breathitt must have had an off night.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:South is definitely bottom tier in the 13th.

I honestly think the 13th is way ahead of the 14th this year.

I dont know
About this Letcher beat harlan by 10 who only lost to whitley by 2 or somthing. I agree bell is probably better than the rest but i belive letcher could play whith any of the 13th.
bball dad Wrote:I dont know
About this Letcher beat harlan by 10 who only lost to whitley by 2 or somthing. I agree bell is probably better than the rest but i belive letcher could play whith any of the 13th.

You cant do any score comparisons. If im not mistaken, Whitley played Harlan at the very beginning of the year, with players out.

I think Bell, Whitley, Corbin, Harlan County, and maybe Clay when there on there A game, could beat anyone in the 14th.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You cant do any score comparisons. If im not mistaken, Whitley played Harlan at the very beginning of the year, with players out.

I think Bell, Whitley, Corbin, Harlan County, and maybe Clay when there on there A game, could beat anyone in the 14th.

Letcher plays harlan co. Saturday so ill guess well see and if you cant go by score comparison what are u supposed to go by
Looks like ole Gut was right.
Harlan County 45, Letcher Central 35.

From what I've seen, Letcher is as good as anyone in the 14th and probably better at this point.
HDE Wrote:Looks like ole Gut was right.

From what I've seen, Letcher is as good as anyone in the 14th and probably better at this point.

You haven't seen Powell County then. They are as good as Letcher, Perry and Leslie. That's without their starting guard, Nikki Wells, once she returns from injury they will be even better and will make a strong push for a region crown
Yep, I saw Powell County lose at Leslie County and then saw Letcher beat Leslie a week or so later.
Powell, Perry, Leslie, Letcher, Knott and Breathitt all have a shot in the 14th. I think Letcher is the best at this point, but any of those six could win.
HDE Wrote:Looks like ole Gut was right.

Finally! Confusednicker:
Strikeout King Wrote:You haven't seen Powell County then. They are as good as Letcher, Perry and Leslie. That's without their starting guard, Nikki Wells, once she returns from injury they will be even better and will make a strong push for a region crown

If Powell is equal to Letcher, Harlan County has already took it to them.
Harlan County is a good, and they have a legitimate shot at the 13th but most people would rank them behind Bell, Whitley, and Corbin.

From top to bottom, I think its a no contest.

Around 4 or 5 14th teams are decent, but even the 13ths 5-10 is pretty good, and probably as good as the 14ths top 5.
skyhawk14 Wrote:School enrollment size matters the least in basketball, than any other sport. It is proven year in and year out. Also, if you are referring to the "All A" state tournament, it is not sanctioned by the KHSAA and the enrollment requirements to participate are broad. For instance, Middlesboro is 2A in football and Jackson County is 3A. Your statement puts SL in a no win scenario by your logic. If they have a good year, it's because they have more kids to choose from than other schools in the 13th and if they struggle it's just a horrible shame because, we'll they are so large... Why don't we just use some Obama math and divide up all the kids in the region evenly and throw them on busses so it is fair and no one gets cheated...

MY point was that South is very mediocre. If you don't think having more kids gives you a better opportunity to be competitive you atre smoking crack. Maybe you are on the Obama gravy train and except mediocrity. Pdumb liking your comment should indicate how foolish it is.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Powell is equal to Letcher, Harlan County has already took it to them.
Harlan County is a good, and they have a legitimate shot at the 13th but most people would rank them behind Bell, Whitley, and Corbin.

From top to bottom, I think its a no contest.

Around 4 or 5 14th teams are decent, but even the 13ths 5-10 is pretty good, and probably as good as the 14ths top 5.

14th in girls is down this year. Powell has a very good chance at winning the 14th