Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida St 34 Auburn 31
Congrats to the Seminoles on the National Championship.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=340060002

Unbeknownst to many they play good football in conferences outside of the SEC.

Yes Auburn played to lose in the second. Yes FSU made plays and didn't roll over after going down big in the 1st half. They executed when they had to and "got it done."

This was a fun football game to watch regardless of whether you had a horse in this one. Good riddance BCS, bring on the playoff which ideally gets expanded down the road once they figure out how to appease the deep bowl pocket folks. Just follow the DIV II or III model and assign bowl sponsorship to each playoff game.

Big salute to Jumbo Fisher and to Stoops who helped build the Nole defense.

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
To hit on the playoff, I would like to see it go to 8 teams, have the first round on campus at the higher seed. Semis and Finals soon after. Jimbo raised a lot of good points today about the difficulty this will be for the student athlete. Also, could imagine being a fan? Fly across the country for the Semis, fly back home and a little over a week later flying back across the country. Better have deep pockets haha.

As for the game, Auburn came out very well prepared. According to Jimbo, they were able to steal some signs early and he had to bring out his infamous "towel boys" to block calls. Having Coach Craig on the Auburn sideline probably did not hurt, as he was on the offensive staff at FSU last season. Auburn's offense is tough to stop, but I thought the Noles did a really good job against it after being on their heels for the early part of the game. FSU actually had a higher YPC average in the game. Big shout out to Timmy Jernigan, who played like a MAN despite being ill this week and battling a fever last night. Auburn dominated the battle of field position all night, special teams were FSU's biggest enemy (Beatty, for the love of God, Jimbo, recruit a punter) and best friend (Kermit, Fake Punt).

Jameis has had a tendancy to start off a little excited, and I think he did last night. The problem was instead of settling down, he pressed after falling behind. Credit Auburn's D here. They were the first team to successfully blitz Winston all season. The secondary for the Tigers was physical with the FSU receivers and did not leave much space to make a throw.

I wasn't thrilled with Jimbo's play calling in the first three quarters. I think he started to press a little as well. There was a ton of game time left and he essentially abandoned the run game which wasn't doing too poorly. But, all in all the team got it done in the 4th quarter when it mattered the most. What a game.
I loved Auburn's defensive plan in the 1st half, but they needed to stop the run early and FSU figured out the run game would open things up, Auburn didn't have an answer. It's one thing to play with high intensity, but you can't wear yourself out like Auburn did.

The better team won last night, but Auburn put up a hell of a fight.

As for the playoff, it won't be long before they go to an 8 team format. They will make tons of money off this, but the NCAA will come under heavy fire from their friends at the IRS
Panther Thunder Wrote:To hit on the playoff, I would like to see it go to 8 teams, have the first round on campus at the higher seed. Semis and Finals soon after. Jimbo raised a lot of good points today about the difficulty this will be for the student athlete. Also, could imagine being a fan? Fly across the country for the Semis, fly back home and a little over a week later flying back across the country. Better have deep pockets haha.

As for the game, Auburn came out very well prepared. According to Jimbo, they were able to steal some signs early and he had to bring out his infamous "towel boys" to block calls. Having Coach Craig on the Auburn sideline probably did not hurt, as he was on the offensive staff at FSU last season. Auburn's offense is tough to stop, but I thought the Noles did a really good job against it after being on their heels for the early part of the game. FSU actually had a higher YPC average in the game. Big shout out to Timmy Jernigan, who played like a MAN despite being ill this week and battling a fever last night. Auburn dominated the battle of field position all night, special teams were FSU's biggest enemy (Beatty, for the love of God, Jimbo, recruit a punter) and best friend (Kermit, Fake Punt).

Jameis has had a tendancy to start off a little excited, and I think he did last night. The problem was instead of settling down, he pressed after falling behind. Credit Auburn's D here. They were the first team to successfully blitz Winston all season. The secondary for the Tigers was physical with the FSU receivers and did not leave much space to make a throw.

I wasn't thrilled with Jimbo's play calling in the first three quarters. I think he started to press a little as well. There was a ton of game time left and he essentially abandoned the run game which wasn't doing too poorly. But, all in all the team got it done in the 4th quarter when it mattered the most. What a game.

I think the 8 team playoff is a MUCH better ideal, but if that's the case, the regular season would have to be shortened by 1 game, or no more conference championships. One of the two.