Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auburn beats self
By taking foot off the gas
Florida State earned the victory, but I agree, Auburn had the perfect game plan and let off the gas when they had their chances to put FSU in a bigger hole.
Ive never seen a team lose momentum like that and completely fall apart.

From 5 minutes to go in the second qtr, Auburn acted like they plain out quit.
I laugh at those who said Fla State would blow them out. That was out of the question.

I still don't think Auburn was the SEC's best, but that's the good thing about next year. We might start seeing all SEC championship games.

And congrats to Panther Thunder. Its not everyday you get to see your favorite team win it all. I don't like Fla State in the least bit, and thank with a full SEC schedule, they would have barely been over .500 :biggrin: but you won win it mattered.
Having an SEC team in the national title game from now on is like doing the nasty with Jameis Winston.

You may not want it to happen, but its going to.
Davis (#11), the dude who got Auburn there with his 1238478 yard return against Alabama, had 2 crushingly bad defensive plays right at the end of this one that cost Auburn big time. Great game to watch though, congrats to the Seminoles.
Couldn't believe it.
Auburn played the second half not to lose instead of to win. Play calling was terrible, they played afraid and were watching the clock and hoping time would just run out IMO. And it makes me sick to see Winston win, the guy is a piece of crap.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I still don't think Auburn was the SEC's best, but that's the good thing about next year. We might start seeing all SEC championship games.

Who was the SEC's best this year? I've been wondering that when conference play began. I never felt that one team really stood above the rest. I don't think any of those teams were the best in the country either.
sstack Wrote:Auburn played the second half not to lose instead of to win. Play calling was terrible, they played afraid and were watching the clock and hoping time would just run out IMO. And it makes me sick to see Winston win, the guy is a piece of crap.

Care to expand on that last comment?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive never seen a team lose momentum like that and completely fall apart.

From 5 minutes to go in the second qtr, Auburn acted like they plain out quit.
I laugh at those who said Fla State would blow them out. That was out of the question.

I still don't think Auburn was the SEC's best, but that's the good thing about next year. We might start seeing all SEC championship games.

And congrats to Panther Thunder. Its not everyday you get to see your favorite team win it all. I don't like Fla State in the least bit, and thank with a full SEC schedule, they would have barely been over .500 :biggrin: but you won win it mattered.
Keep telling yourself that.
toussaints Wrote:Who was the SEC's best this year? I've been wondering that when conference play began. I never felt that one team really stood above the rest. I don't think any of those teams were the best in the country either.

To be honest, I think Alabama, LSU, and possibly South Carolina were all better than Auburn.

I don't get how you say Bama didn't stand out all year. They ran threw everybody, and had some bad luck against Auburn, and lets be honest...they did not care about playing Oklahoma. Same deal they had with Utah.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Keep telling yourself that.

I can.

7 straight.

After this year, two SEC teams are likely to play for the title on a regular basis. I would imagine another streak of longer time will happen.

These procrastinators all over ESPN and these sites are funny saying the gap is closing or the SEC is losing its steam.

Say what you want, but you HAVE to admit, had FSU played Auburns schedule, they would have lost 2-3 games at least.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be honest, I think Alabama, LSU, and possibly South Carolina were all better than Auburn.

I don't get how you say Bama didn't stand out all year. They ran threw everybody, and had some bad luck against Auburn, and lets be honest...they did not care about playing Oklahoma. Same deal they had with Utah.

I thought Missouri, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, South Carolina, and a healthy Georgia were all even. Bama's schedule and recent national champions made them a little better than they actually were.
What ifs? It doesn't matter. Florida State showed up to play was the better team in this one. They came to play and came to win and thats what they did.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Care to expand on that last comment?

sure, he raped a girl and got away with it because of terrible work by police dept. (they should be fired, go read available info on the case, they treated her as the criminal instead of the victim. She used poor judgment, but it is no reason she deserves to be raped, she was way over legal limit and could not make sound decisions and this piece of crap took advantage of her. If you have a daughter or sister, I am sure you would not want them anywhere near a person of his character.) To make matters worse, the education system in this country is terrible and pushes kids (more so if athletic stars) through school when they can't even make one complete sentence when speaking. No way a kid like him should be accepted to an institution of higher learning when they are so poorly educated; he never gets accepted to any college without being a top athlete which is very sad that Universities have become so desperate to win that they forget about whether a kid can read, write or even speak. If this kid does not succeed in sports, he will have no skills to succeed in life.
sstack Wrote:sure, he raped a girl and got away with it because of terrible work by police dept. (they should be fired, go read available info on the case, they treated her as the criminal instead of the victim. She used poor judgment, but it is no reason she deserves to be raped, she was way over legal limit and could not make sound decisions and this piece of crap took advantage of her. If you have a daughter or sister, I am sure you would not want them anywhere near a person of his character.) To make matters worse, the education system in this country is terrible and pushes kids (more so if athletic stars) through school when they can't even make one complete sentence when speaking. No way a kid like him should be accepted to an institution of higher learning when they are so poorly educated; he never gets accepted to any college without being a top athlete which is very sad that Universities have become so desperate to win that they forget about whether a kid can read, write or even speak. If this kid does not succeed in sports, he will have no skills to succeed in life.
Well, I guess we are just done with due process here in the United States? How would you like to be accused of something, have no charges brought, and still be labeled a murderer or a thief? (something for which the Auburn QB was actually kicked out of UGA, where is your moral high horse for him?) And believe me, I have read, listened, viewed all of the material. All it shows is four college students acting like dumb college students. The girl's story changed more times than she changes clothes. Literally. There was also DNA on her shorts from earlier in the week from her boyfriend that plays at Kent State.

And now you are going to judge his intellect based off of how he speaks moments after the most emotional game of his life? No matter the timing, judging someone's intellect off their dialect is borderline bigotry. He a is two-day removed teenager from the deep south, influenced by a hip hop culture. That didn't effect his 4.0 GPA in high school or his admission into Stanford. Using your same judgment, you would no doubt continue to stick your nose up at the people of EKY, that I interact with on a daily basis that speak in a different dialect but one of similar grammatical correctness. Is all of EKY a bunch of uneducated hillbillies?