Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News out of FT THOMAS
Sweet Cake Wrote:That is funny. Smile

I thought so too.
Bob Seger Wrote:But I guess it's OK to let your ex-NFL assistant coaches come to the games half drunk....High standards indeed that you advocate.:eyeroll:

But then, that's just Lefty being Lefty...Right Chuck?Confusednicker:

why only half drunk? run out of something to drink?
The Birds are 100-5 in the last 7 years and Weinrich has been a massive influence for the positive for all of them.
charlie22 Wrote:Kids. What can you do about them?

I just figured that since you are the captain of the morality police and all, that we should cover all the bases while we are at it......If it was on the "other side of the field" I'm sure everybody would get to hear your shame shame shames on that...Soooo in essence "you condone" that the "coaches condone" that stuff, but get all in an uproar over tobacco use?Confusedhh:

:popcorn:
pjdoug Wrote:why only half drunk? run out of something to drink?

I assume that half is OK since Chuck doesn't seem to object to that..Perhaps Chuck has a policy in place about being wholly drunk, and he's not going to risk getting a whuppin over it, is all I can come up with.
Any Word on who steps into the Coordinator role.
Bob Seger Wrote:I just figured that since you are the captain of the morality police and all, that we should cover all the bases while we are at it......If it was on the "other side of the field" I'm sure everybody would get to hear your shame shame shames on that...Soooo in essence "you condone" that the "coaches condone" that stuff, but get all in an uproar over tobacco use?Confusedhh:

:popcorn:

I must have gotten under your skin in the past as you seem to have become fixated with me recently. Sorry about that. Then again, perhaps I should be flattered by your attention. I hope you don't have a man crush on me. I don't play on the "other side of the field".
charlie22 Wrote:I must have gotten under your skin in the past as you seem to have become fixated with me recently. Sorry about that. Then again, perhaps I should be flattered by your attention. I hope you don't have a man crush on me. I don't play on the "other side of the field".

Gosh Chuck, it seems it just gets harder and harder and harder to pass muster on what your expectations are. We're all just the little people out here and we all fall short, ya know.....As far as the crush part, wowzers it would be hard for anyone to top the crush that you hold upon yourself.....I'm afraid I could never pass that muster test. I concede..:igiveup:
Bob Seger Wrote:Gosh Chuck, it seems it just gets harder and harder and harder to pass muster on what your expectations are. We're all just the little people out here and we all fall short, ya know.....As far as the crush part, wowzers it would be hard for anyone to top the crush that you hold upon yourself.....I'm afraid I could never pass that muster test. I concede..:igiveup:

I'm offended by your little people comment and the falling short stuff. Sorry you have a man crush on Chuck, but lets not pull the short people into this argument.
tradition Wrote:I'm offended by your little people comment and the falling short stuff. Sorry you have a man crush on Chuck, but lets not pull the short people into this argument.

Gosh, my heartfelt apologies to you tradition...You and Blue Boy sure are sensitive little fellars aren't you?

But, let's just tell it like it is O' tender little one, It is not possible for anyone else to be more in love with Chuck, than what Chuck is with Chuck.
pjdoug Wrote:why only half drunk? run out of something to drink?

I don't know. I wasn't with him. And Lefty was not an assistant coach at the time the incident in question occurred.
Bob Seger Wrote:Gosh, my heartfelt apologies to you tradition...You and Blue Boy sure are sensitive little fellars aren't you?

But, let's just tell it like it is O' tender little one, It is not possible for anyone else to be more in love with Chuck, than what Chuck is with Chuck.

True. But I believe, with all the attention you show my posts, that you are a very close second. Either that, or it just frosts your behind that I don't agree with posts that are made for the purpose of trying to get under other people's skin (regardless of whether the posts are made by Highlands fans or fans of other programs.)
Charles, you did not address my questions from an earlier post. I was curious to hear you answers to some of the questions that I posed.
charlie22 Wrote:I don't know. I wasn't with him. And Lefty was not an assistant coach at the time the incident in question occurred.

So that makes a difference? You trying to say that the head coach as well as the HHS administration either didn't know what was going on, or did they just look the other way? Either way he was with the team, and on the sidelines. Is that not correct Chuck? Which is it? So you know all about his drunken states, YET failed to acknowledge it or publicly speak out in abhorrence, while all the while, blasting everybody else that you didn't feel met up to your own personal standards???? Come on Chuck, to paraphrase one of your previous rants on here, "NOW I HAVE LOST ALL CONFIDENCE IN YOU....I HOPE THAT I AM WRONG IN WHAT I'M THINKING". Just how many times have you looked down that long nose of yours and blasted people on here? From what I am told Ol' Lefty was in the same condition at another game, in another year, bombed out of his mind...Who's minding the mint, Chuck? Is winning the only thing that matters at HHS, that the coaches (and based on your testimony, the fans) condone that type of shenanigans just to "whatever it takes" to win a football game? It just very much "appears" that nobody gave a tidly toot, how he represented HHS, because apparently no one (including some of you self righteous super fans, as well as head staff and administration) was going to say the first darn thing about it. Is this what "tradition" is all about Chuck?

Is that all that matters to you Chuck??? Is your whole purpose on here to condem everyone else, all the while condoning shameful behavior by one of your assistant coaches/golden boys?

Should we all feel betrayed in that we put our trust in you, that you were/are a man of "self proclaimed" integrity? Tell you what Chuck, your high and mighty show has gotten a little old on here...Perhaps you fit in better with Ol' Arrogant Bob over at the "other network", since so many on here fall beneath your own uppity standards. How come you are not trying to clean up your own house before you tell everyone else how to clean up theirs Chuck? Did you have the same "morality police " mentality when you hung around Bridgett and the gang, monitoring the compliance and moral standards of the rest of the Commonwealth, while knowing full well that utopia did not exist at Camelot...Ooooor, were you just in place to achieve a political advantage for your alma mater?
Wow, why are we being so hard on Chuck these last few days? He/she is taking an absolute beating on here to say the least. I assume from what I am reading that Charles is an HHS fan and Bob is not a fan. Is this just related to football?
Bob Seger Wrote:Gosh, my heartfelt apologies to you tradition...You and Blue Boy sure are sensitive little fellars aren't you?

Actually think you are the one suffering from the little man complex. Sorry for your short comings but no need to take your frustrations out on posters on a high school football forum expressing their opinions.:biggrin:
tradition Wrote:Actually think you are the one suffering from the little man complex. Sorry for your short comings but no need to take your frustrations out on posters on a high school football forum expressing their opinions.:biggrin:

Yeah, well you can tell Chuck that very same thing in the morning....lol
mantax Wrote:Charles, you did not address my questions from an earlier post. I was curious to hear you answers to some of the questions that I posed.

Sorry about that. I got distracted.

I'm not a coach so I don't know for sure why players weren't moved from O to D. I'm not sure I would have made moves after just the T scrimmage. Remember, Urlage didn't play at all and Abner played very little. So if the defensive secondary was a concern after the T scrimmage, I'd think some of that was alleviated in the coaches' minds by the fact that 2 starters weren't out there.

Plus, if you've noticed closely since we have gone to the 2 platoon system, Highlands has started slowly. It used to be we were in late season form at the first to game. However, now because the 2 platoon system forces so many inexperienced players out there as starters, we are no where near last season form at the beginning. Heck, one of Highlands best teams (09) struggled in its first couple of games in my opinion because of the 2 platoon system. By year end, they were unstoppable.

I have to believe that the coaches felt that they had the players on D to develop into a really good D. I don't believe the coaches felt that D doesn't matter. I know Weinrich way too well for him to not care about how good his D was and that he'd just leave it up to the O to score the points needed to win.

As for what side of the ball the kids play on, if you don't want to hear that the players decide based on your past experiences, I'm not sure why you are asking the question. If the players don't decide as you suggest, then isn't the only other answer, the coaches?