Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A in 2015 thru 2018
KyRock Wrote:Uh.............No!!!!!! I look thru the list and I don't even know if Belfry would be in The Top 10.

There is a very good chance Belfry will be at the very least one of the top 3 teams pre-season each of the next 4 years.

For as impressive as Belfry's run has been the past 10 years..the next 4 years could very well be the strongest stretch they have had in school history from a talent standpoint.

4 Straight Titles is definitely a bit far fetched... but it wouldn't shock me at all for 4 more consecutive trips to Bowling Green to occur with the current Freshman Class and the class coming in.
As for Morgan County.... I would wish to get out of 3A too if I were a team who has been a fringe playoff team previously in a vulnerable district. Numbers don't lie though... the KHSAA has supposedly taken a major stand against playing out of class and the lone exception has always been playing up when there is geographical reason. Morgan definitely would not be choosing to play up...and if any school is surrounded by other same size schools it would be Morgan with forseeably 4 different 3A districts you could put them in if you wanted HAHA
KyRock Wrote:Uh.............No!!!!!! I look thru the list and I don't even know if Belfry would be in The Top 10.

KyRock you have a high fever....Belfry will be preseason #1 in 2014. TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Strikeout King Wrote:Morgan County's head football coach expects Morgan County to drop down to 2A..

Strikeout King Wrote:Those would work for me. Morgan County will likely drop to 2A.

Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Or this..

District 1: Sames as above
District 2: E-town, Barsdstown, Thomas Nelson, Hart, Adair (all are 5th region schools as is)
District 3:Waggener, DeSales, CAL, Central, Henry
District 4: LexCath, Boyle, Garrard, Casey, Western Hills
District 5: Fleming, Lewis, Pendleton, Estill, Powell
District 6: Russell, Lawrence, Sheldon Clark, Morgan
District 7: Pike Central, Belfry, Knott Co Central, Breathitt
District 8: Bell, Corbin, Rock, McCreary Central, Jackson Co

-Bath Co petitions (and they will 99% sure) to play up for geographic purposes (and largest 2A or smallest 3A depending upon where the 40th team goes) and joins an I-64 and north district.
-DeSales drops back into 2A as smallest 3A
-Western Hills takes the place of DeSales in D3
-Rockcastle moves D4 with (nearby) neighbors to the west in Casey and Boyle Co's and north in Garrard Co.
-Estill Co and Powell Co join Morgan and Breathitt (and possibly Magoffin Co who I think will also apply to play up for geographic purposes)
-Lawrence and SC join D7.

That's 39 teams.

District 1: Sames as above
District 2: E-town, Bardstown, Thomas Nelson, Hart, Adair (all are 5th region schools as is)
District 3:Waggener, CAL, Central, Henry Co.,Western Hills
District 4: LexCath, Boyle, Garrard, Casey, Rockcastle Co.
District 5: Fleming, Lewis, Pendleton, Russell, Bath Co.
District 6: Breathitt Co, Morgan Co, Estill Co, Powell Co (Magoffin Co?)
District 7: Pike Central, Belfry, Knott Co Central, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence Co.
District 8: Bell, Corbin, McCreary Central, Jackson Co[/QUOTE]

If West Carter applies to play up instead of Magoffin then West Goes to D5 and Bath Co takes Magoffin's place in D6...Or Morgan's place if they go to 2A. If Pendleton applies to play up (to 4A), then West Carter easliy slides into D5 with all counties bordering the other at some point.
^
Very possible.
^^God I hope not.
^
Me either.
I would love to see at least one class overloaded with really strong programs, but I have a feeling Desales will be able to slide back down to 2A because somebody else plays up.

This is what I meant on another thread that some teams are allowed to play down. Even with the numbers to play in one class, if another teams is allowed to play up, some will be slide down.

Personally id like to see the teams in 3A that's listed all be forced to say there. That would be some fun football.
Strikeout King Wrote:Morgan County will probably be moved down to 2A, according to their coach.

I agree, Morgan should probably be in 2A due to the fact that they count the number of boys at Woodsbend Alternative school in the county school enrollment, but these young men are not eligible to play. Now if they were eligible to play.....????
Lone Ranger Wrote:It seems like an excellent question. According to the grids on the KHSAA Website under Enrollment Reports, there is not a specific column for Home School students. However there is an additional column that does count on boys and that seems to be alternate placement. In other words. It looks like any boy 9-12 that receives educational services from that particular school counts toward the numbers. Home School would not as they do not receive services from the school and are not allowed to participate for the school.

Lone Ranger, you are correct.. boys in alternative placement ARE counted in the numbers.. such is the case in Morgan County, but they are not eligible to play. Counting these students could potentially put a team in a different class.
Ft Thomas will win 3a and there cross town rivals are going to 5 a
blue rainbow Wrote:Lone Ranger, you are correct.. boys in alternative placement ARE counted in the numbers.. such is the case in Morgan County, but they are not eligible to play. Counting these students could potentially put a team in a different class.

How is that fair or right?
If Highlands plays in 3a it won't even be close for the other teams to compete. Birds might have been 50+ better than everybody in 3a this year.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind being in a district with Fleming and Pendleton...
I don't know what this Highlands to 3A talk is.
There numbers put them securely in 4A.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't know what this Highlands to 3A talk is.
There numbers put them securely in 4A.

That's what I am thinking as well, hard to imagine them in 3a.
They were 17 points better than Paducah Tighlman who got demolished by Wayne in the semis. Not much of a math man but from what I saw I think the state finalists could have played within 50 of highlands.
KCCFootball Wrote:How is that fair or right?

In my opinion, it is not fair or right to have to count the boys from alternative schools if they are not eligible to play. This causes a team whose enrollment is on the cutoff to have to play in a bigger class. (ex: 2A for regular high school enrollment, but makes you 3A due to counting the alternative placement) If teams choose to play teams in a bigger class to get the experience, then that would be fine, but having to count them when they are ineligible to play, just hurts the team and the school.
blue rainbow Wrote:In my opinion, it is not fair or right to have to count the boys from alternative schools if they are not eligible to play. This causes a team whose enrollment is on the cutoff to have to play in a bigger class. (ex: 2A for regular high school enrollment, but makes you 3A due to counting the alternative placement) If teams choose to play teams in a bigger class to get the experience, then that would be fine, but having to count them when they are ineligible to play, just hurts the team and the school.

Every school (public) pretty much has an alternative school so how is it not fair? They used to not count alternative numbers and schools caught on and started to stash kids in those schools to drive number down. So what is more fair? Counting your total kids, or allowing schools to artificially control their numbers.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:--DeSales drops back into 2A as smallest 3A
-Western Hills takes the place of DeSales in D3
-Rockcastle moves D4 with (nearby) neighbors to the west in Casey and Boyle Co's and north in Garrard Co.
-Estill Co and Powell Co join Morgan and Breathitt (and possibly Magoffin Co who I think will also apply to play up for geographic purposes)
-Lawrence and SC join D7.

[quote=RunItUpTheGut]^
Me either.
I would love to see at least one class overloaded with really strong programs, but I have a feeling Desales will be able to slide back down to 2A because somebody else plays up.

This is what I meant on another thread that some teams are allowed to play down. Even with the numbers to play in one class, if another teams is allowed to play up, some will be slide down.

Personally id like to see the teams in 3A that's listed all be forced to say there. That would be some fun football.

Desales is in 2A now. They have been for a while.