Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL BGR Regional Power Rankings- EKY
1. Belfry- Pirates loss to Johnson Central over shadowed by bringing home the hardware
2. Johnson Central- Golden Eagles have a very successful regular season but take it on the chin to CovCath in Round 2
3. Harlan County- Balck Bears fail to meet lofty pre-season expectations
4. Bell County- Bobcats improve throughout the season but fall at the hands of Central for a 3rd Straight Year
5. Pikeville/Hazard/Raceland- Take your pick... their resumes are interchangable
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Belfry- Pirates loss to Johnson Central over shadowed by bringing home the hardware
2. Johnson Central- Golden Eagles have a very successful regular season but take it on the chin to CovCath in Round 2
3. Harlan County- Balck Bears fail to meet lofty pre-season expectations
4. Bell County- Bobcats improve throughout the season but fall at the hands of Central for a 3rd Straight Year
5. Pikeville/Hazard/Raceland- Take your pick... their resumes are interchangable

You're gonna take it on the chin from the Williamsburg fans...
I Rule The World Wrote:You're gonna take it on the chin from the Williamsburg fans...

Wburg is ranked #3 in SKY
Believe I would have prestonsburg in there ahead of bell. If you go by the body of work. Just my opinion though I believe middlesboro should be in there somewhere also.
panther nation Wrote:Believe I would have prestonsburg in there ahead of bell. If you go by the body of work. Just my opinion though I believe middlesboro should be in there somewhere also.

Those were 2 tough ones... hard to put Pburg in when they had losses to both Hazard and Pikeville, as well as Pike Central who also could make a case...

I just feel like Bell was playing a pretty good brand of football down the stretch beating a solid Corbin team and playing Central very close.

Truthfully speaking after the first 3 you could make an argument for:
Bell
Hazard
Pikeville
Raceland
Pike Central
Lawrence County
Mason County
Middlesboro
Ashland
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wburg is ranked #3 in SKY

Sorry about that..
I'm confused, is Wburg east or south. They have been claiming to be east for the past 2 years.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Those were 2 tough ones... hard to put Pburg in when they had losses to both Hazard and Pikeville, as well as Pike Central who also could make a case...

I just feel like Bell was playing a pretty good brand of football down the stretch beating a solid Corbin team and playing Central very close.

Truthfully speaking after the first 3 you could make an argument for:
Bell
Hazard
Pikeville
Raceland
Pike Central
Lawrence County
Mason County
Middlesboro
Ashland

I agree to an extent, but if Prestonsburg was left out for early season loss to Pikeville and mid season to Hazard then why is Bell in over Middlesboro?

Not to mention, just like Bell, Prestonsburg was playing some pretty good football down the stretch also. We fielded one of the youngest teams ever at Prestonsburg not to mention several injuries to key players and was still 2 minutes away from a Regional Championship against a very good Somerset team who was healthier than they had been all season. Actually we was a penalty away (helmet to helmet hit on 4th and goal in which P'burg stopped them).

I know my Harlan County friends will be pissed over the next comment, but IMO from all the preseason hype they underachieved this year. I also know their loses came to some of the best teams around, but 2 of those games they was never even in them.
JC has to be first. Beat Belfry like a drum!! I know bellfry won the state in 3a. Not talking about state champs,best teams!!
dns Wrote:JC has to be first. Beat Belfry like a drum!! I know bellfry won the state in 3a. Not talking about state champs,best teams!!

This…

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi