Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bert Browne fired!
The_Rock Wrote:Just like Scott County? Whats that mean? Whats so great about Scott County other than their basketball program? I know they finally got a football title but still.

Scott County has been the dominant 6A team not located in Lville for most of the last 10 years. This would be a great program to emulate for large public schools.
Just like Scott county means 126-33 the last 10 years and a state championship.
1 Title in how many years? Been playing football a lot longer than 10 years. Madison has had its share of ups and downs just like Scott. Scott should win with 10000 students from all over the globe.
The_Rock Wrote:Just like Scott County? Whats that mean? Whats so great about Scott County other than their basketball program? I know they finally got a football title but still.

The_Rock Wrote:1 Title in how many years? Been playing football a lot longer than 10 years. Madison has had its share of ups and downs just like Scott. Scott should win with 10000 students from all over the globe.

Im not sure I am following you on this one, but I do remember Scott Co losing to a private school in Lville that had 80 kids out of 476 kids on their roster from various towns in Southern Indiana.
I am referring to the Toyota Plant that brings people in. I will just shut up though, I am glad Scott County won it all and brought the title back to the public schools. Scott is tough.
Madison Central is a very attractive job and should be competitive. What kind of boosters/fanbase do they have? Enough to fight the school board for support? That is the question most coaches will want to know.
If you look at the top programs in the state, they have several things in common and one of the main things is administrative support. Without it, you are fighting a losing battle. Im just not sure if they want great football at MC. I have heard Mike Holcomb and Chuck Smith mentioned as possible replacements for Browne but I dont think that MC will do the things it will take to hire either one. I hope so because either one would be a great hire.
Will the Lexington Catholic opening have any affect on this position? Will they go after Smith? Could really throw a fork in their plans.
I dont know about Lex Cath and Smith. The funny thing about Smith is that he has been rumored for almost every job in the state and I have never heard anyone discuss whether or not he has any interest in a HS job. Does anyone know for sure whether Smith is looking for a job? If he has his state retirement in, Lexington Catholic would be a good fit where he could draw his retirement and still work at the private school.