Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 31 - Dixie 19 Final
Final from Independence

Dixie fought hard but Powell & Kuntz played huge and SK walks away with the W.

I watched on iHigh Dixie will be great next season.
But tonight glory goes to the 12 - 0 pioneers.
Sk 12-0!!!!
Brenan Kuntz 12 18 184 66.67 1 td and 84 yards rushing 2 tds
Dillon Powell 111 yards 1 td
Spirit time to dawn the blue and white like I said you would!
Congrats to the Pioneers! Keep it up!
SK plays Butler next!
Congrats to SK.
I am shocked Butler beat Campbell
Butler won 14 to 7 SK is going to whip them!!!
UK1fan Wrote:SK plays Butler next!

Butler has a good team, their only 2 losses were to Male and Manual. Will it be played at Butler?
There good but I wasn't super impressed when I watched them in person last week. Campbell, SK, & Dixie had all looked better IMO. I have watched multiple SK games they are the real deal.
blue1424 Wrote:Butler has a good team, their only 2 losses were to Male and Manual. Will it be played at Butler?

FYI SK hung 55 on Campbell County!
Congratulations SK on your victory!!!

spirit100 is gonna look great in his blue and white!!!

Wink
Nice to see Petrino at the game! Big Grin
A lot to share folks. First off congratulations to SK on the win. It was a pleasure to witness a great, hard fought battle. I do want to have words with our local weatherman and their isolated shower forecast. Our shower planted it's arse over SK for and hour-in-a-half. Soaked through before kick off :biggrin:.

This battle was within a score up until midway through the 4th. SKs defense made a huge stop in the red zone just before half preventing Dixie from tying the game. Dixie deferred to get the ball back in the second half first. SKs defense answered again. Concerning the three factors for success: line play, turnovers, and forcing Dixie to pass. Well SK won all three. Still don't understand why the Colonels don't honor their ground and pound strengths.

Darion Washingtons quick exit in the 1st quarter due to injury had an impact and he was missed. I'd really like to see Drew Moore get to a QB camp or two or enlist the help of a QB coach in the offseason. When he learns to get comfortable in the pocket, check down reads, and let it rip he is going to be very good. We all know he can run and has great escapability. Brenan Kuntz really impressed this evening. Forget the Charlie Brown rain he threw bee-bees and enabled SK to take the lead on a nice hitch and go streak perfectly leading his WR in the 1st quarter.

Great hits, peel backs, personal fouls all game. I'd like to see these athletes lift their heads at the point of contact. A couple of this kids are going to put themselves in wheelchairs and it can be avoided by lifting the head and leading with the shoulder. I'd venture to say there is a few concussed kids walking around Kenton County this evening.

Congrats again to the Pioneers and good luck in Louisville next Friday against Butler. Guts favorite motorcycle rider was on the sideline. I was tempted to ask if his girl was with him Confusednicker:. Bobby Petrino in the flesh. Good to see him take an interest in NKY athletes.

And yes ukfan I'll pick an SK avatar and get that going sometime this weekend for 2 weeks. You would have looked better in scarlet and white :Thumbs:. Have a great weekend folks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
UK1fan Wrote:FYI SK hung 55 on Campbell County!

I think SK will beat Butler but it could be a good game. I like their chances to make it to Bowling Green.
SK is going to win it all!
Dixie 7 0 6 6 19
Simon Kenton 7 7 7 10 31
UK1fan Wrote:Dixie 7 0 6 6 19
Simon Kenton 7 7 7 10 31

Congrats to the O-Line of SK. You made the difference tonight! Roadtrip to da Ville next week,Confusedinglepar
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations SK on your victory!!!

spirit100 is gonna look great in his blue and white!!!

Wink

He will look mighty fine!:worthy:
Having Dylan Powell available for this game made a HUGE difference! The threat of him breaking one really slowed down the pass rush and it it took a lot of pressure off of BK to have to do everything. Much credit to Heflin and Bryson for holding down the fort, but Powell really makes this team dangerous.

Congratulations to Dixie on a great season! 8 wins with 4 losses with 2 to SK and 1 to Cov Cath is a great season. You have a lot to look forward to next year!
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...n-unbeaten
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi