Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russellville 21 @ Mayfield 42
It's final. Mayfield gets of to slow start down 14-0. They then outscored the Panthers 42-7 the rest of the way. Russellville looked very good.
Congrats Mayfield.
What does this tell us about Rville in your opinion?

Is the 14-0 start the product of Mayfield playing bad or Russellville playing good?

Does the 42-7 finish reflect Mayfield being dominant or Russellville not being a legit team?
I predicted Mayfield by 20. Tough game for Cardinals next week.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What does this tell us about Rville in your opinion?

Is the 14-0 start the product of Mayfield playing bad or Russellville playing good?

Does the 42-7 finish reflect Mayfield being dominant or Russellville not being a legit team?
Russellville scored 1st on a long drive and then kicked off and we fumbled and gave them a short field.

Russellville is legit. I thought Russellville got worn down in the 2nd half.
They are tough. I would say this is the toughest 1a team we have played since 2011.
mysonis55 Wrote:They are tough. I would say this is the toughest 1a team we have played since 2011.

You see them beating Beechwood?
They wont get to play them unless they beat us at home in the 3rd round, so no. If they could play the Beechwood team we saw last year, yes. I think they were a legitimate #2.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What does this tell us about Rville in your opinion?

EKUAlum05 Wrote:You see them beating Beechwood?

If Beechwood and Russellville were to play, I would favor Russellville.

To be fair I have only seen Beechwood on tv.
mysonis55 Wrote:They wont get to play them unless they beat us at home in the 3rd round, so no. If they could play the Beechwood team we saw last year, yes. I think they were a legitimate #2.

Gotcha

Sounds like tonight just preserved what most have thought:

1. Mayfield

2.Beechwood/Russellville

4-7. Raceland, Frankfort, Pikeville, Wburg
8-9. Hazard, Fairview

10-14. Paintsville, Pineville, Bellevue,Paris
Their 240lb fb is tough to tackle. They hide the ball real well. If you turn over the ball against them with their old school dominate the clock game, you are in trouble. They need to leave the train horn at home though. The last time someone brought a train horn to War Memorial they lost 35-21. Sound familiar Bardstown.
Russellville is the real deal, they came out and just dominated us and had it not been for a INt in the end zone they woukld have gone up 21. They are a solid #2 in my opinion and like #55 said, I think the best 1A team we have played in atleast a couple years
They outgained us by 100 yards in the first half having 274 yards rushing. Not sure if that has ever happened to us before. Their hege backs ran with purpose and the QB is a stud
Any final stats for the game?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Russellville is the real deal, they came out and just dominated us and had it not been for a INt in the end zone they woukld have gone up 21. They are a solid #2 in my opinion and like #55 said, I think the best 1A team we have played in atleast a couple years

Russellville is not as good as Beechwood of 11.
As I said the best 1a team since 2011.
We looked like a different team second half. The arm tackling stopped and they stopped getting big runs.
Team Stats
Russellville
First Downs - 16
Rushing Attempts-yards - 43-212 ***This is what is in the paper but individual stats equal 364. I don't know how many they lost to sacks or TFL.
Passing-yards - 1-5-4
Total yards- 216
Penalties-yards- 5-35

Mayfield
First Downs- 17
Rushing Attempts- 21-147
Passing-yards - 6-12-197
Total yards - 338
Penalties -yards - 1-5

Barrett Croslin had 20-173 yards rushing for Russellville.
Stuart Mills had 16-138 yards rushing for Mayfield.
Here is the big difference in Mayfield and Russellville. Mayfield didn't have to wait until a second meeting to make adjustments. They did it during the game. The Cardinals have the better coaching staff and it showed last night. Russellville is a very good team and they sure know how to lay the wood. Russellville reminds me of Murray in that if they had any passing game at all they would be almost unstoppable. Great win for the Cards.
Russellville has a great coach and a classy coach at that. I would say there are a lot of sore boys from both teams today.
I know chase sevic was a man on defense last night best game ever for him great leader last night..
Glad Mayfield won the game but I really expect this game playoff time to be better and much closer.
I think Chase had his best game last year at State. He had 17 tackles. He was the leading tackler in that game. He had the one big tackle on the power fullback from Fairview, one on one and won the battle about 2 yards into the backfield.