Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best TE in NKY
1 Nick True 6'6 255 Highlands D1 wku
1a Andrew Hedger 6'5 220.Dixie 1a beacuse True plays tackle this year. Hedger has lots of D1 interest WKU,Marshall,Princeton,Eastren Michigan. every D3 school in Ohio and ky.
2 SK TE?? Big tall looks like a tackle

Your thoughts??
Yes Grant Verchek is up there, but has caught a limited number of passes.
^what team

I gotta say True. Not only does he have nice receiving skill but I have seen a few crushing blocks he's had so far.
Vercheak plays for SK 6'5 250 pounds caught a touchdown against Campbell County 5 catches for 59 yards 1 td this season.
Dixie has only had 58 pass completion this sean Hedger has 10 of them. close to 20% thats a high number for a tight end. Last year Hedger had a all star seanson for a TE 32 rec. 350 yards. thats why the college interest. Also Hedger is a good athlete starts on the bball team at center. Can dunk the ball with two hands easly.
I didn't know there was such a thing as a tight end anymore.
Feel like the TE spot isn't utilized enough at the HS level.
[quote=autopart101]Dixie has only had 58 pass completion this sean Hedger has 10 of them. close to 20% thats a high number for a tight end. Last year Hedger had a all star seanson for a TE 32 rec. 350 yards. thats why the college interest. Also Hedger is a good athlete starts on the bball team at center. [HTML] Can dunk the ball with two hands easly.[/HTML]

So can our QB.:biggrin: Love kids that are muti-talented.
hop24 Wrote:[quote=autopart101]Dixie has only had 58 pass completion this sean Hedger has 10 of them. close to 20% thats a high number for a tight end. Last year Hedger had a all star seanson for a TE 32 rec. 350 yards. thats why the college interest. Also Hedger is a good athlete starts on the bball team at center. [HTML] Can dunk the ball with two hands easly.[/HTML]

So can our QB.:biggrin: Love kids that are muti-talented.

Yes I seen that in the sumer league. Hedger and your qb jumped center this sumer kid can jump! I will say I think hes closer to 6'2 than 6'4. Hedger is pushing 6'5 -looked to have 3 inches on him.
In my opinion the best TE in the State is Chris Hudson of Hazard HS. At 6' 7" 235 pounds, and a 35 inch vertical leap he is a beast. He has 7 TDS and well over 500 yards receiving. He catches from all areas of the field. He apparently has D1 Basketball offers as well as getting D1 football ones.
BigRed1 Wrote:In my opinion the best TE in the State is Chris Hudson of Hazard HS. At 6' 7" 235 pounds, and a 35 inch vertical leap he is a beast. He has 7 TDS and well over 500 yards receiving. He catches from all areas of the field. He apparently has D1 Basketball offers as well as getting D1 football ones.

Hazard is in NKY???
We have several kids that would be very good at that position, one I know pretty well, but in the spread no such position.
mysonis55 Wrote:We have several kids that would be very good at that position, one I know pretty well, but in the spread no such position.

The spread is the death of the TE. Once every team had a few good ones. In todays high school game most TEs are just an extra tackle. What colleges are looking for. 1 size they know what height weight you have to be. a kid can be the strongest player on the team best blocker but a 5'11 TE isnt tall enough. need to be in the 6'3 range and up. 2 speed. a 6'5 220 kid that runs a 5.0 is more impressive than a 5'10 170 kid running a 4.8. 3 on field ability and how good are the teams your playing?
Some HS teams inflate heights weight by alot on their rosters. Bball is the main offender. Football is big on weight. Dixie just played a team with a roster listed 6'4 230 de. Try about 6'2 210.