Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 MLB First Year Player Draft
The Astros select Stanford's Mark Appel as the first overall pick in this year's draft. Appel was drafted 8th overall last year by the Pirates but, opted to finish his college career at Stanford and it paid off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Through the first 9 picks, there have already been to HS players from Loganville, GA selected!!

Clint Frazier, OF, Loganville HS 5th overall to the Indians.
Austin Meadows, OF, Grayson HS 9th overall to the Pirates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The first SEC player is off the board with Mississippi State's Hunter Renfroe being selected 13th overall by the Padres.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clint Frazier, OF, Loganville HS 5th overall to the Indians.

I said in the Indians thread on here the Tribe would be picking a lot of outfielders in this draft, and what little I have heard about this kid, he should be a good pick.

He will most likely start at Mohoning Valley.
Cincinnati's first pick at #27 is Phillip Ervin, OF, Samford
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ryne Stanek of Arkansas is finally drafted 29th overall by the Tampa Bay Rays. Was projected to go 13th overall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With their 2nd pick and 38th overall, Cincinnati selects Cal State Fullerton's Michael Lorenzen. Is Fullerton's best hitter and is also their closer with 3-0, 19 Saves, 20 K, 1.99 ERA, 22.2 IP
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If im thinking corect, isnt Grayson high in Georgia an athletic powerhouse?
I think they are really good in football and baseball.
Toronto Blue Jays draft Woodford County's Clinton Hollon 47th overall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If im thinking corect, isnt Grayson high in Georgia an athletic powerhouse?
I think they are really good in football and baseball.

Yes, you are correct. It is home to Robert Nkemdiche who was the #1 HS Football prospect this past season and signed with Ole Miss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With their first pick(59th overall) of the night, the Angels select Warren East's Hunter Green. Finished the season at 3-1 with a 0.14 ERA in 51.2 IP and 110 K. At this rate, Kentucky won't be getting any of their commits. Both HS players drafted out of KY are committed to UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With their 3rd pick(67th overall) in the draft, the Reds select the power hitting third baseman Kevin Franklin out of Gahr HS(CA).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds picks Rds 3-10:

3rd Rd(104) Mark Armstrong, RHP, Clarence HS(NY)
4th Rd(135) Ben Lively, RHP, Central Florida
5th Rd(165) Cory Thompson, SS, Mauldin HS(SC)
6th Rd(195) Zack Weiss, RHP, UCLA
7th Rd(225) Tyler Mahle, RHP, Westminster HS(CA)
8th Rd(255) Scott Brattvet, RHP, Cal State Bakersfield
9th Rd(285) Chad Jones, LHP, No School
10th Rd(315) Daniel Wright, RHP, Arkansas State
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Interesting story on Chad Jones:

Chad Jones was drafted in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Giants and was poised to become a hard-hitting mainstay of their secondary. But before he could play a down for New York, he suffered serious injuries during a single-car accident in New Orleans.

Cut by the Giants, Jones, a two-sport star at LSU, gave up football to pursue a baseball career. He has now taken the next step in making one of the most improbable and inspiring comebacks you'll ever see, having been drafted in the ninth round of the 2013 MLB Draft by the Cincinnati Reds.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on...-mlb-draft
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Yes, you are correct. It is home to Robert Nkemdiche who was the #1 HS Football prospect this past season and signed with Ole Miss.

Thanks.
My cousin, who is a year older than me, lives in GA.
He also played at a state power, and i remember him talking about Grayson throughout high school. They couldnt beat them while he was there.