Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Prestonsburg 8/23
I know its early, but i have football fever.

Thoughts & predictions??

What do you feel are the unanswered questions for your team coming into this game?

What do you think your team needs to improve on from last years team to win this game?
Really don,t know anything about Pburg football for this upcoming season, other than traditionally they will hit you hard,and always seem to play to win. As far as the Panthers go imo., they just need to play four full quarters of football, and be as mistake free as possible. Like you, Blackcat Fan, i'm looking forward to this one as well. Should be a great one. :Thumbs:
I believe Pikeville will be good this year, as they usually are, but P'burg is going to be tough for a while. If Pikeville gets sloppy I expect this game to get away from them in a hurry. I money is on P'burg.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Really don,t know anything about Pburg football for this upcoming season, other than traditionally they will hit you hard,and always seem to play to win. As far as the Panthers go imo., they just need to play four full quarters of football, and be as mistake free as possible. Like you, Blackcat Fan, i'm looking forward to this one as well. Should be a great one. :Thumbs:

Pikeville came on strong at the end of last season with a very young team. Those boys have had another off season to prepare for the upcoming season. I think this would could be a very good game. Both teams are well coached also.

If our run defense starts out like last year, Hall could put up video game numbers.

Looking forward to this one.
Believe offense will be fine and can match Pikeville point for point. D line will be good even without VanDyne to anchor. Question will be linebacker and corner play especially without Marcum. Ousley kid has some experience at linebacker if position is filled by him, but will need additional support of several juniors that saw playing time like Mullins must step up. See potential of several sophomores and juniors to play big roles at corners . Wallace will be big player on D as well as Goble kid. Frasure must step up and play some linebacker this year and be more physical on D. Defense has potential but Pburg is subject to start at slow. Jarrell will play safety and be good stop gap player but hate to see defense rely on possibility of him getting injured.
Pburg will too much for Pikeville to handle..Jarrell to Anderson will score allot of td's this season..Just watch sports overtime and see........
Jarrell is a great athlete. He will have a great year. Early on it will be anybodys game. usually the team that can take care of the ball early in the year wins.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:Jarrell is a great athlete. He will have a great year. Early on it will be anybodys game. usually the team that can take care of the ball early in the year wins.

I couldnt agree with you more. I just hope we have the horses on defense to where Jarrell can play the QB position only.

He is a great defensive player, but the extra risk of injury is not worth. It would be a huge loss to the offense.
Two very similar teams.

Both were extremely young last year and took their lumps on defense. Both will be significantly improved this season.

I think I like Pikeville ever so slightly... it seemed the young Panthers just seemed to gel a little better than Pburg over the course of the season (Certainly injuries played a role in that). I think early in the season I will take Pikeville in a close game.
Is Anderson working with the team this summer?