Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Football 2013
cherokee Wrote:Williamsburg lost 6 seniors 3 on the defensive side and 2 big lineman lineman that will be hard to replace.
RETURNING

Dalton Sizemore-----(junior) lead class A in passing yardage (5716) the last 2
seasons plus (1358) rushing yardage 6' 200lbs

Skylar Griffin---------(soph) 2 year starter 2792 recieving yards plays safety

Corey Shelton--------(soph) 2 year starter 1647 recieving yards plays safety

Jefferson Patrick-----(soph) 2 year starter at running back, with 260 tackles

Chase Lowery--------(soph) 2 year starter on Def and back-up runningback

M.D.R. Creekmore---(soph) started last year, and played a lot as freshman

Chris Helton----------(soph) 2 year starter and one of the best lineman in the
area at 6'2" 285lbs 8' broad 26 vertical,very
very atheletic for a big man

Tyler Taylor-----------(junior) 2 year starter on Offensive line solid player

Colan Lamoree-------(soph) started last year after transfering from Corbin very
atheletic lineman 6'2" 250lbs

Zack Culver-----------(junior) started most of the year before a shoulder injury
6'1" 260 lbs lineman, has only played 1 year

Austin Huskie--------(freshman) part time starter on Defense corner hard hitter

Dunn------------------(freshman) part-time started on the line at 6'3"

Luke Perry------------(soph) part-time starter on the line

Stone Hughett------ (freshman) strong kid will see plenty of playing time
hampered with injuries last year

these are just a few of the players coming back, add in the 3 transferes from Corbin who all will probable be starters and Williamsburg if they stay healthy will be a good team. This years team will not be as big up front, but will be a lot faster on both sides of the ball and if they win the district they stay home till beaten.
TRANSFERES

Ethan Wilson--------- (soph) 6'3" 260lbs lineman that
pitches and plays infield for the
baseball team, athelete
Zack Sander----------(soph) very fast skilled player
Kessinger-------------(soph) strong skilled player could play many positions

im counting like 4 or 5 guys that started as 8th graders? how is this possible?
birdman44 Wrote:im counting like 4 or 5 guys that started as 8th graders? how is this possible?

DAH! (GRADE THEY WERE IN LAST YEAR), surely you know 8th graders can not play high school football:biglmao:
Williamsburg and hazard in the regional championship
birdman44 Wrote:im counting like 4 or 5 guys that started as 8th graders? How is this possible?

birdman read the post slow it is exact
Player leadership will determine how far Raceland goes this year. The coaches can't play for them. At some point these kids have to be mentally tough as well as physically tough. Prime example would be Raceland's 2007 team vs. their 2008 team. The 2007 team had weak player leadership (despite being talented) & finished 7-5. Great player leadership the following year produced a 12-1 record.
The biggest change I am looking for this year is some sort of chip on the teams shoulder and more physicality. Size, speed, tallent, and depth are all wonderful attributes for a team, but a lack of intensity and a little bit of anger isneeded as well. Sometimes a level head can be a negative if it doesnt allow you to get out there and be the most physical team. Thats what 06 and 08 had that other Raceland squads, who were just as tallented, didnt.
Williamsburg hopes as their sophomores become juniors this year they develop that chip on their shoulders and add a little swag to their games.
Fairview has 70 + on the roster! With the new lineman and others they will repeat an undefeated season. They will be loaded and there is nothing that will stop them or their coach until the rules are enforced.
Excuse me Thatright, but something did stop them last year. Than ran into another red & black team with the speed and size to match them. They then ran into a running clock shortened game.
mysonis55 Wrote:excuse me thatright, but something did stop them last year. Than ran into another red & black team with the speed and size to match them. They then ran into a running clock shortened game.

ouch!!!
Boom
I don't think Fairview will go undefeated this year, seeing as how they have upgraded their schedule and the youth factor, but I'm not saying they aren't going to be a great team. I know they had two hefty linemen transfer in from Boyd County. I've also heard rumors of eight kids transferring in from Huntington, I can only verify two of those transfers, one is an outstanding freshmen who comes in from Vinson, I believe, and the other is a youg receiver from Huntington. I've been told that these two kids, along with Isaiah King, will make up the defensive backfield. Its my belief that their one dimensional offense is what killed them in the state title game, not saying they would've won, but it might've been closer if they could've thrown the ball some.
I should have said Reg. season Undefeated. BOOOM! Whatever makes you happy.......They have a lot of young kids that had a lot of playing time. Also one New BIG lineman from boyd co. that will give them the best line in the area. I am not a Eagle Fan at all! I just see where they are standing with a really good team.
:biglmao::biglmao:
This could be one of the best Raceland/Fairview matchups in recent history. Both lines hae some mobile 300lbers and some college prospects on the ols and dls. Looking foward to this year.
that's right Wrote:I should have said Reg. season Undefeated. BOOOM! Whatever makes you happy.......They have a lot of young kids that had a lot of playing time. Also one New BIG lineman from boyd co. that will give them the best line in the area. I am not a Eagle Fan at all! I just see where they are standing with a really good team.
:biglmao::biglmao:

Problem is that they don't give out trophies for undefeated regular seasons and they got ask to leave the title game early with a running clock. They played a weak schedule, the east was down and they were 1 dimensional and had a very weak defense. They have upgraded their schedule though nowhere near as good as defending champ Mayfield's but its enough of a upgrade to prepare them for the tough games in the playoffs. Next they need to fix the defense and develop a forward pass and until they do so it will be hard to ever win a title and likely it will be hard to get there without a little balance. Their coach seems like he is solid so I suspect they will fix those areas but I am still not sold after what they graduated. Bringing in freshman is not going to bring instant results most likely
With that said, MayfieldCardinal, who out of the east has yoù attention? Going on returning players, offensive and defensive systems, coaching, etc...