Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri 93 - Arkansas 63
Final
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Makes our loss to arkansas look better.
Arkansas sucks away from Home.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Arkansas sucks away from Home.
So does Kentucky. Crowds have a bigger effect on young, inexperienced teams.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So does Kentucky. Crowds have a bigger effect on young, inexperienced teams.

I think we have the same amount of road wins this year that Arkansas has in the past 2 seasons.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So does Kentucky. Crowds have a bigger effect on young, inexperienced teams.

Elston Turner >>>> :biglmao:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I think we have the same amount of road wins this year that Arkansas has in the past 2 seasons.
Neither team should have any shot at an NCAA at large bid. (Kentucky has a road record of 4-6.) However, if you actually believe that Arkansas' home record is attributable to bad referees...

Young teams almost always struggle on the road. Pitino managed to post a 14-14 record in his first year at Kentucky with a relatively unathletic team that relied mostly on full court pressure defense to win. (Kentucky's best returning players headed for greener pastures, along with their disgraced, drunken coach Eddie Sutton. That same Kentucky team gave up 150 points to Kansas on the road and 13 of Kentucky's 14 wins that season were on its home court. Full court presses always work better with the crowd behind you.

Young players do not travel well - it's nothing new.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Neither team should have any shot at an NCAA at large bid. (Kentucky has a road record of 4-6.) However, if you actually believe that Arkansas' home record is attributable to bad referees...

Young teams almost always struggle on the road. Pitino managed to post a 14-14 record in his first year at Kentucky with a relatively unathletic team that relied mostly on full court pressure defense to win. (Kentucky's best returning players headed for greener pastures, along with their disgraced, drunken coach Eddie Sutton. That same Kentucky team gave up 150 points to Kansas on the road and 13 of Kentucky's 14 wins that season were on its home court. Full court presses always work better with the crowd behind you.

I dont see how you can give Boise st an at large and not kentucky. Thats all im saying.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I dont see how you can give Boise st an at large and not kentucky. Thats all im saying.
Kentucky's RPI is 50+. They have played a weak schedule and even a win over Florida is not going to move them up by much. Boise St.'s record is not very impressive, but they are 7-7 against RPI top 100 teams and Kentucky is only 6-9. Boise St. lost at Michigan St. by 4 points. Do you honestly think that Kentucky would play the Spartans close on the road - without Noel? I would give a slight nod to Boise St. if I were on the selection committee. I am not sure that Kentucky is much better than a .500 team without Noel.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kentucky's RPI is 50+. They have played a weak schedule and even a win over Florida is not going to move them up by much. Boise St.'s record is not very impressive, but they are 7-7 against RPI top 100 teams and Kentucky is only 6-9. Boise St. lost at Michigan St. by 4 points. Do you honestly think that Kentucky would play the Spartans close on the road - without Noel? I would give a slight nod to Boise St. if I were on the selection committee. I am not sure that Kentucky is much better than a .500 team without Noel.

And have losses against Utah, And Air Force, You think kentucky would go 8-7 in the MWC?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And have losses against Utah, And Air Force, You think kentucky would go 8-7 in the MWC?
Without Noel, which is the current state of the team, this Kentucky team would be lucky to go 8-7 in the MWC. There is a reason that Boise State has a slightly higher RPI than Kentucky, and you have to understand that the games won with Noel are included in the UK RPI calculation. The only reason that I can see that the committee would give an at-large bid to Kentucky over Boise St. is financial - so Kentucky probably has a shot.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Without Noel, which is the current state of the team, this Kentucky team would be lucky to go 8-7 in the MWC. There is a reason that Boise State has a slightly higher RPI than Kentucky, and you have to understand that the games won with Noel are included in the UK RPI calculation. The only reason that I can see that the committee would give an at-large bid to Kentucky over Boise St. is financial - so Kentucky probably has a shot.

Even without noel. This Kentucky team is better than a Boise St team.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Even without noel. This Kentucky team is better than a Boise St team.
Sorry, I am a Kentucky fan but I recognize a contender when I see one. Kentucky has done nothing since Noel's injury that indicates that they can beat a solid tournament team on a neutral floor. It really does not matter to me whether Boise St. gets sent home early or Kentucky does - but you cannot make a logical argument to support your position that Boise State is a worse team than Kentucky at this point in this season.

Kentucky has won four road games this season - none of them since losing Noel for the season. With Noel, the 'Cats beat Texas A & M, a 17-11 team by only four points in College Station. With Noel, Kentucky beat LSU at home 75-70. Boise State beat LSU at home 89-70.

With each team's current resumes, and taking into account that Noel will not be playing, the committee should have an easy decision to make if the last at large spot comes down to Kentucky and Boise St. The size of Kentucky's travelling contingent and ability to attract a decent TV audience may factor in the decision, but Boise would have a legitimate complaint if that decision was made today.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Neither team should have any shot at an NCAA at large bid. (Kentucky has a road record of 4-6.) However, if you actually believe that Arkansas' home record is attributable to bad referees...

That was my favorite all-time UK basketball team. Yeah I remember watching Kansas beat them 150-95, and in that same season they beat LSU (a top 5 team with Shaq, Stanley Roberts and Chris Jackson) 100-95 and played North Carolina to a 121-110 game, hiting 17 or 18 threes if Im not mistaken...they were only picked to win 6 games that season and Pitino willed them to 14. In my honest opinion, that is the best coaching job I have ever witnessed. That team truly lived and died by the three and boy they didnt care to chuck 'em lol... Pitinos Bombinos. The most fun team to ever step onto a basketball court, because you had no idea what you were gonna see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So wrong lol
Beating Florida and a decent showing in the SEC Tourny will get Kentucky in. I don't care what our RPI is.

I think we win the SEC no matter if we beat Florida or not.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:That was my favorite all-time UK basketball team. Yeah I remember watching Kansas beat them 150-95, and in that same season they beat LSU (a top 5 team with Shaq, Stanley Roberts and Chris Jackson) 100-95 and played North Carolina to a 121-110 game, hiting 17 or 18 threes if Im not mistaken...they were only picked to win 6 games that season and Pitino willed them to 14. In my honest opinion, that is the best coaching job I have ever witnessed. That team truly lived and died by the three and boy they didnt care to chuck 'em lol... Pitinos Bombinos. The most fun team to ever step onto a basketball court, because you had no idea what you were gonna see.

One of my favorites as well. They were so fun to watch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]