Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 72 - Texas A&M 68 (OT)
Final
Cats Improve to 15-6 (6-2 SEC). 3 game win streak and 10 games remaining to get to 20 wins.
We played like a turd for the majority of this game.
Nice win for the Cats on the road, especially considering this same A&M team manhandled them in Rupp not too long ago. Barring a meltdown, UK should be in good shape from here on out. They seem to be gelling better, even though this wasnt their best effort. I do believe this team is poised to cause trouble. Remember, in '86 Louisville only started out 15-7 and ended up winning their last 17 games and the national championship.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This will be a very good team if they can just eliminate the mental mistakes. This is not a team that you would want in your bracket as an 8 or 9 seed. Best defensive center in the country and 3 dangerous 3 point shooters.Sustained effort on defense is improving each night out.
Glad to see Noel have a good offensive game. It was well deserved.
^
Noel, in all honesty, is the only chance we have.
Lets say when he got hurt today, it put him out for the year, if that happened, we'd be done for good. He's the only player i consistently see getting better. The rest are hit and miss.

However, is i have to hear Jimmy Dykes kiss Wiltjers ass any more i might throw up. He hits a couple of threes a game. So what. He's a liability on defense, gets shoved around, and makes bad passes. For Dykes to say he holds this team together in every single game is a huge overstatement. It will take until his senior year to develop into a real threat.

UK will get over 20 wins. They will be in the tourney.
I refuse to leave the volume up when Dykes is doing Ky games. Drive it across the nail, run to the hip, rim run. When he gets stuck on a phrase it's like a broken record. I believe that the biggest transition from HS to College is stamina and sustained effort defensively. The work that Cal has put in concerning these areas is starting to show. I see a much improved defensive team the last several games. Offensively this team has limits due to the inability of most to create their own shots.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Noel, in all honesty, is the only chance we have.
Lets say when he got hurt today, it put him out for the year, if that happened, we'd be done for good. He's the only player i consistently see getting better. The rest are hit and miss.

However, is i have to hear Jimmy Dykes kiss Wiltjers ass any more i might throw up. He hits a couple of threes a game. So what. He's a liability on defense, gets shoved around, and makes bad passes. For Dykes to say he holds this team together in every single game is a huge overstatement. It will take until his senior year to develop into a real threat.

UK will get over 20 wins. They will be in the tourney.

Hate on Kyle all you want. But without him we have 3-5 more losses and would not make the tourney without him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Hate on Kyle all you want. But without him we have 3-5 more losses and would not make the tourney without him.

Yeh, and if it weren't for Kyle, Nerlens wouldn't have half the blocks that he does.

Confusednicker:
Stop kissing Noel's ass as well then. He got caught out of position how many times giving up wide open layups?

They need both Noel and Wiltjer.

It was good to see Cauley Stein make an appearance. They need him as well if they are going to make a run. He needs to work back into the lineup and find his niche on this team.
FBALL Wrote:Stop kissing Noel's ass as well then. He got caught out of position how many times giving up wise open layups?

It was good to see Cauley Stein make an appearance. They need him as well if they are going to make a run. He needs to work back into the lineup and find his niche on this team.

Noel gets caught out of position because our guards play lazy defense and get blown by and he has to step up.
Wiltjer is our big time scoring threat, and his defense is getting better.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Noel gets caught out of position because our guards play lazy defense and get blown by and he has to step up.

Sometimes. Sometimes he just gambles.

My point is nobody is perfect. Wiltjer is complete liability defensively but has by far the best offensive game on that team. He is needed just like Noel is. This team is still learning their roles.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Hate on Kyle all you want. But without him we have 3-5 more losses and would not make the tourney without him.

With or without him it doesnt matter. He's not a superstar.Jimmy Dykes overplays this every single game. Im beginning to think he just like telling white boys there hard to guard.
FBALL Wrote:Stop kissing Noel's ass as well then. He got caught out of position how many times giving up wide open layups?

We should all kiss Noels ass. Hes the only reason were winning games.
Take Wiltjer out, we may have 1 or 2 more losses. Take Noel out and we wouldnt have won 5 games yet.
I believe wiltjer had three blocks in the game!!!
I wish Wiltjer could somehow slip in a Redshirt year. I love his offensive game, but he needs to add muscle to his frame so he can guard a 4 or a 5. Added muscle would also improve his rebounding. I would love to have Wilter's Offensive game on a guy with Noel's body.
[quote=FBALL]Sometimes. Sometimes he just gambles.

My point is nobody is perfect. Wiltjer is complete liability defensively but has by far the best offensive game on that team. He is needed just like Noel is. This team is still learning their roles.[/QUOT

Poythress is terrible on D too and that is why he is always in foul trouble.
Wiltjer's D has improved tremendously since Coach Cal called him out on it...