Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 75 - Tennessee 65
Noel was incredible again. Harrow is quickly becoming a great point guard.
Have to mention Wiltjer!! I thought he played above himeself tonight. At one time, I fully expected Noel to jump clean out of the gym!!
Still alot of sloppy play, but they are starting to show signs of getting it together. Noel continues to impress with his crazy stat lines!
and Goodwin still OVERATED...
Until goodwin and Poythress can learn this is a team game this team will lack any success. Noel, Harrow, Mays, and the others have bought into the system. Those 2 are 99% out the door just waiting for this year to be over.
They are getting better but still aren't playing a full game as a team. As long as they keep getting better things will be ok. Cal can only show them so much the rest they just need to have some faith in his system cause it does work, but they have to believe in it 100%.
cuppett777 Wrote:and Goodwin still OVERATED...

This was a good game for Goodwin, he was 2-10 from the floor 20% with only 2 turnovers. He tied for the most shots taken as usual, missed a dunk and the one lay up he did make Wilter was wide open under the basket. The ref's bailed him out on a couple of his wild drives to the basket. Heard Cal on the radio before game talking about how Goodwin could help this team most by being a defender. He did manage to make 4-6 free throws which is 67%. AP on the other hand was 3 for 5 60% from the floor 2 for 2 from behind the 3 point line throw in 2 for 2 from the foul line. Throw in 8 rebonds for AP too. This team can be good if Goodwin doesn't beat them with his selfish wild play!
Wiltjer is soft. Points or not, i bet Polson would kick his ass in a street fight.

Noel is finally starting to look like the player we thought we were getting.

Goodwin may be the most overrated player weve had in the Cal era. Horrible play.

Still waiting on Poythress to show us the "MKG" we were promised.

WCS might be the only reason were winning. Teams cant handle two bigs, but when they do, we lose. Even when he plays bad, which is half the time, other teams cant get the rebound over him and Noel.

Polson got on the court. That was about it.

Mays hit a big shot, but i still dont see it.

We've still got a long way tonight, but i was glad to see them not roll over and fold.
In all honesty, UT is really bad, and shouldnt have been able to play with UK, but these kids are still not clicking and molding together like past groups have done, whether the talent level has dropped off or not.
We have NO leadership and its really starting to show.

On to the next one. UK has got to win these games like the UT game if they wanna make the tourney.
Yeah...definitely! Uk needs to learn to play together if they want any success! bottom line!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wiltjer is soft. Points or not, i bet Polson would kick his ass in a street fight.

Goodwin may be the most overrated player weve had in the Cal era. Horrible play.

WCS might be the only reason were winning. Teams cant handle two bigs, but when they do, we lose. Even when he plays bad, which is half the time, other teams cant get the rebound over him and Noel.

We've still got a long way tonight, but i was glad to see them not roll over and fold.
In all honesty, UT is really bad, and shouldnt have been able to play with UK, but these kids are still not clicking and molding together like past groups have done, whether the talent level has dropped off or not.

On to the next one. UK has got to win these games like the UT game if they wanna make the tourney.

Dang, LOL. :redboxer:
Like I said in a previous thread I think Noel is the only one that looks like he's NBA quality. WCS is making slow improvements. Weitjer at times looks clumsy in everything he does except when he is shooting. Goodwin, IMO is selfish, he looks like he doesn't want to be on the court. Harrow is getting better, could be one of Cal's best PG, I'm glad to see that his personal issues earlier in the year hasn't effected his play now. I hope he stays another year. Last but not least, Poythress. He is like Goodwin, doesn't want to be on the court. Like what was said in a previous post, P & G are just killing time until the NBA. Poythress' stock drops with every game he plays. :HitWall:

I wish someone on the team would take a stand and tell P & G to either go play balls out for the team or take a seat for players that want to play their butts off for the team and not for themselves.:redboxer::ChairHit:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wiltjer is soft. Points or not, i bet Polson would kick his ass in a street fight.

Big deal!! I could kick your's! That doesn't mean anything.

Agree

I thought at first, that I was gonna like this kid, but he plays wayyyy too selfishly...see that pass to Wiltjer that he just ignored??

This one confuses me more than Goodwin.

Noel was a beast last night!

Didn't see him!!

I liked his shots; need to give him more time. I think he could still get there.

Bottom line, if Tennessee wasn't horrible, they would've beat us last night. I'm getting tired of waiting for this team to gel....March is getting closer by the day.
I'm not sure if this team is ever going to get it. In order to win they have to play unselfish and remember there is no I in team!!
Hindsight is 20/20. But Goodwin needs to understand that when people talk in the future about wildcat history his name won't be mentioned. He is not going to be remembered for anything he does. There have been too many great players wear that uniform. So quit trying to be the greatest and flashiest player to ever don a wildcat jersey and pass the damn ball to someone who isn't going to screw up
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Will this team make the NCAA tourney? Yes...

Will they make it to the 2nd round, probably not...

You will never know how your recruits are going to play at the College level until the season begins and I think that has shown with this team. I think Cal expected this team to be doing a lot better and now he is doing damage control.
Way to step it up Noel! Glad to hear they won last night, I didn't get to watch it.
redhound93 Wrote:Like I said in a previous thread I think Noel is the only one that looks like he's NBA quality. WCS is making slow improvements. Weitjer at times looks clumsy in everything he does except when he is shooting. Goodwin, IMO is selfish, he looks like he doesn't want to be on the court. Harrow is getting better, could be one of Cal's best PG, I'm glad to see that his personal issues earlier in the year hasn't effected his play now. I hope he stays another year. Last but not least, Poythress. He is like Goodwin, doesn't want to be on the court. Like what was said in a previous post, P & G are just killing time until the NBA. Poythress' stock drops with every game he plays. :HitWall:

I wish someone on the team would take a stand and tell P & G to either go play balls out for the team or take a seat for players that want to play their butts off for the team and not for themselves.:redboxer::ChairHit:

AP had a good game last night. He had 8 rebounds, 2 for 2 from 3 point range and 2 for 2 from the foul line. Goodwin's problem is he is selfish and not very skilled. AP's problem is a lack of confidence and he doesn't fit into Cal's system very well. AP is a good shooter and Cal needs to find him shots. I think Cal is starting to figure this team out.
Noel's motor every possession! :notworthy: I'm really liking the PG Harrow is becoming, and I just wish Poythress would be the man he was at the beginning of the season.
After watching game after game its become more and more obvious that out biggest problem is Goodwin.
The only problem with that is his backups are worse.
Our problem is simple. We are a liability on defense besides Noel. We make sorry passes and dumb mistakes. Bench harrow please, the Guy is trash. I'd rather have polson in. I'm serious.
Oh forgot to mention free throws. We are terrible at the line but we can get to the line easily. This win is tainted
I'm a UK fan but in all honesty we got a lot of breaks.