Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 37 - Packers 34
Vikings headed to the playoffs, Bears are eliminated. Packers will likely get 3rd seed.

Adrian Peterson 9 yards shine of single season rushing record
I really felt sorry of AP after the game.

I watched the first half, went out to dinner, came home and saw that the games was tied at 34. It was right before AP got the big run at the end of the game and he was 34 yards away from the record. I told my son, watch, he's going to run it for a TD, win the game and break the record. He was oh so close.....

When he broke off that run, celebrated, ran off the field and got bombarded by his team - I had this feeling. I told my son, "he thinks he broke it". Everyone kept coming up to him, congratulating him, it just looked like he thought he got it.

Then Susie Culver interviewed him and she made several comments about his game, the win, and the 9 yards. He replied doing nothing but talking about the win, making the playoffs, and playing next week. He never mentioned anything about the rushing numbers. She followed up with asking about what it meant to him only missing it by nine yards. That's when it hit him - He didn't know. He looked at her and uttered "Nine Yards, Nine yards, what do you mean?" Susie then said you missed setting the record by nine yards, and that's when you could see it on him - He thought he had the record. He had the confused look of "what do you mean", but he recovered incredibly and did a great job of talking about playing next week.

It was like Santa came to his house the day after Christmas and stole all of his presents. I truly feel so bad for him. I really liked Eric Dickerson, but no one deserved this more than AP. I hope he breaks the all time rushing record and gets another shot at the single season record.
Shame on them for not knowing. Should keep up with stats a whole lot bett.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I was pulling for AP hard today. I was hoping he would break the record, sucks to see him get that close and not get it.
Oh so close.
This saddened me, and I really wasn't a big fan of AP. But I could not turn the channel today. He is a man among men out there. It's funny to see, but the DBs from Green Bay seemed as if they were acting in a way to dodge having to tackle AP. Man, I don't see how this man doesn't win the MVP. He IS the Vikings!!