Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best team not making it to the Big Show?
I would love it if KHSAA would pay attention to this and see how much interest there is in this issue. Maybe, just maybe we could get the consilation thing going. It would be great for the fans, great for the city and the money would be double what they normally bring in.
Would never work
mysonis55 Wrote:1a Beechwood
2a Somerset
3a Paducah Tilghman (with a coach)
4a Cov Catholic
5a John Hardin (close 3rd of Warren Central)
6a Scott Co

I wish they would start allowing the two losers of the semi final games to play a consilation game. Think how much fun it would be and how much more money it would bring into the KHSAA and Bowling Grn. Not to mention it would end all of the discussion about who was the best team left out every year. I know some may not like that idea but, I think it would be fun. The teams that got that far worked hard as well and I'm sure they wouldn't mind playing one more game. It would also give kids on 12 more teams a chance to be seen in the big show by college scouts.

This smells like the "participation trophy" thing rearing its ugly head. No thanks. When you lose, it's basketball season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
mysonis55 Wrote:1a Beechwood
2a Somerset
3a Paducah Tilghman (with a coach)
4a Cov Catholic
5a John Hardin (close 3rd of Warren Central)
6a Scott Co

I wish they would start allowing the two losers of the semi final games to play a consilation game. Think how much fun it would be and how much more money it would bring into the KHSAA and Bowling Grn. Not to mention it would end all of the discussion about who was the best team left out every year. I know some may not like that idea but, I think it would be fun. The teams that got that far worked hard as well and I'm sure they wouldn't mind playing one more game. It would also give kids on 12 more teams a chance to be seen in the big show by college scouts.
That is just silly. Then what would you want next? Would you want the winner of the consolation game playing the loser of the State Championship game just to see who is better from those two teams? If a team thinks they are that good then they shouldn't of lost in the playoffs earlier. Don't want to sound harsh, but now you are suggesting the "Everyone gets a trophy" mentality.
To go to the state finals is a special. Seems like you would mar the whole thing if you played consolation games
In Wayne County we believe we on neutral turf we stood a great chance of beating anybody in 3A, but we don't get that chance because we lost.

It's why football is special. You get one shot not a best of 7 series.
Louisville St. Xavier and Covington Catholic