Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) Kentucky 101 - Lafayette 49
Kyle Wiltjer scored 23 points, including hitting 7 of his 11 three point attempts. Poythress scored 20 on 9/10 shooting with five boards, Nerlens scored 15 with 3 steals, Cauley-Stein 14, and Goodwin 13.

I know that this is not high level competition, but Kentucky did look a lot better tonight in several aspects than they have their past couple of games.
Go cats
Game Ball: Nerlens Noel - He was exactly what we need him to be. He created havoc with his size and quickness, scored inside, made a decent free throw percentage, and generally played a very good game. 15 points on 6-8 shooting, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 assists and 1 block.

Kyle Wiltjer - He was much more aggressive in this game, and it showed in his numbers. Of course he made threes, because with a stroke like that, he is going to. But he also rebounded a little, had some assists, and generally played well. 23 points, 2 assists and 4 rebounds.

Alex Poythress - He had a terrific game. 9-10 shooting for 22 points, 5 rebounds, a steal and a block. At times, Poythress was frighteningly dominant, giving a new meaning to "Beast Mode."

Archie Goodwin - He had a quiet game, relatively speaking, except for the SportsCenter dunk face highlight. 13 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists 1 steal and 1 block.

Julius Mays - He probably deserves a part of the game ball. Even though he didn't score a lot, he had 10 assists, which is an astonishing number for a non-point guard. He also had 5 points, 3 rebounds and 2 steals to go along with his double-digit assists.

Willie Cauley-Stein - He was good, but he didn't quite play up to the standard he had been setting for himself up until these last two games. I can't be too critical of 14 points on 6-9 shooting, but 4 rebounds was not what I was hoping for. Still, he was very good, so perhaps my concern is misplaced.

Jarrod Polson - He was very good, and even though his 7 points, 3 assists, 2 steals and 2 rebounds are not as impressive as others, he gave the team quality minutes, and generally, the team ran much, much better with him in the game.

Jon Hood - He played 12 minutes and got 2 rebounds, but he didn't really play that well. He looked a little uncomfortable, which I attribute to too little playing time. Hopefully, Calipari can get him more minutes in the next game, because he badly needs them.

Twany Beckham - He played, and even scored a couple of points, but he looked very uncomfortable out there. I think that his back problem is not really better.
Excellent analysis J-Rod.
JRod, enjoy reading your analysis. Always so in depth and never leave nothing out.
I'm going to make a bold comparison about Goodwin. He reminds me of John Wall, he plays out of control and hundred miles a minute. But when he's on, there is not better. And whenever he is on a break, something special is going to happen. Now I'm not saying he's as good as Wall. But similar to him.