Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick vs. Timmons: 2012 Mr. Football
I have seen Quick play about 6 times and I have never seen Timmons play live. He may be the best receiver to come out of the state in twenty years, but no one knows him and he plays for Franklin County (no offense intended). Quick has been hyped for years and has lived up to the expectations. I can't say who deserves it, but I can say who will win it. Quick.
adopted purple Wrote:I have seen Quick play about 6 times and I have never seen Timmons play live. He may be the best receiver to come out of the state in twenty years, but no one knows him and he plays for Franklin County (no offense intended). Quick has been hyped for years and has lived up to the expectations. I can't say who deserves it, but I can say who will win it. Quick.

How can you say this if you've never seen him play live? It's sad that because RT didn't sell out and go to Catholic or T that he has no chance to win an award. IMO it's a toss up they are 1 and 1A in the state. Only time will tell.
When do they announce the winner?
not sure the exact date
I'm tired of hearing this. Timmons his sophomore year scored 3 touchdowns against a Lamar Dawson led Boyle county defense 2 of which were over 40 yards ( 1 of them 80 ) so don't give me this "his numbers wouldn't be the same if he played a decent defense"
Has Timmons done enough to convince people outside of Central Kentucky that he's Mr. Football?
He sounds like a great player and has crazy stats, but I never heard of him until this year. Maybe the AP writers were aware of him and will vote for him. It's just that Quick has been hyped for years and is a top 10 receiver nationally.
adopted purple is spot on

I've seen both guys play in person several times. I'd vote for Timmons, but I don't know if Timmons name has been planted in the head of high school sports journalist across the state. Quick has been known by everyone.
toussaints Wrote:adopted purple is spot on

I've seen both guys play in person several times. I'd vote for Timmons, but I don't know if Timmons name has been planted in the head of high school sports journalist across the state. Quick has been known by everyone.

This right here is why I disagree with private schools being in the program, Trinity, while it is an exceptional program, and produces excepttional athletes, is widely publicized, by the media, and seems to get all the glory, Ryan Timmons plays for a smaller school and, according to what I have read here, will not get a fair chance just because he plays for Franklin County. I thought that the voters where supposed to look at the tallent and stats of players nominated for Mr. Kentucky football, not what school they played for or what school they commited to for this once great honor.
^ i agree with that, and I hope the voters do look past that, cause they have in the past.

Trinity only has 2 Mr. Football winners: Jeff and Brian Brohm
Highlands only has 2: Jared Lorenzen, Patrick Towles
St. Xavier only has 1: Deuce Finch
Male is the only school with more than 2