Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Knight to call 2 Kentucky Games
Yesterday, USA Today let the cat out of the bag nationwide for something we had suspected through the weekend: Bobby Knight will in fact call two Kentucky games this season. Thankfully for everyone, neither of those games will be at Rupp. Personally, I’m excited for it, in the same way that I’m excited for all the horribly awkward moments on The Office that end up being hysterical because of the obvious discomfort of all those involved.

However, if any Kentucky fan is upset (and there’s good reason to be), I can almost guarantee that they’re not as upset about this as, well… Bobby Knight. The guy wouldn’t even say “Kentucky” last season, and now has to say it at least three times in forty minutes. Twice. Not only that, but should Kentucky win whatever game he’s calling (which they’ll likely be favored to), (man-)Booby will have to find some way to at least try to sound nice.

So, I’ve compiled a top-ten list of the most likely backhanded compliments we’ll hear from the General during the course of his time with the Wildcats this season. If you think of some, leave them in the comments and I’ll update the list with the best ones as the day goes on.

Ten Backhanded Compliments from Bobby Knight:

1) Cal’s got some pretty good reasons to be so narcissistic.
2) You know, he’s really done well for someone with his coaching ability.
3) That Kyle Wiltjer is a lot better than he looks.
4) This team makes a convincing argument for a sweeping overhaul of our post-high school education system. Good for them.
5) I could really see Alex Poythress coming into his own someday
6) These players are more “street smart” sort of kids.
7) I cannot believe how lucky this team is.
8) I like Nerlens Noel’s flat top. It really slims his face.
9) Harrow can jump pretty well for a guy his size.
10) At least the folks in Kentucky have basketball to look forward to.

Update:
RealCatsFan: “For a group of kids who don’t attend class together, Calipari really has them playing as a team…”
Back Handed Compliment: ““What your seeing is how easy it shoot dunk shoots. If Kentucky starts shooting jump-shots they obviously are going to score this many points”
Blue Notes: “When my national championship Indiana team went undefeated in 1976, we played a tough Missouri team like this one.”

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=119990
Poor Bobby Knight, lol.
Oh no!
Say it aint so!
[insert complaint here]
Actually wouldn't it be better if he had to come to Rupp, and had to sit
through all the pregame ceremony, see the banners hanging, the sea of
blue, as well as call a UK win?

Really liked Knight as a coach, and he was a very funny guy with a
passable relationship with Hall. But he's definitley lowered himself
thru the years, and let his bitterness completely overwhelm his
sense of reality.
Observing Wrote:Actually wouldn't it be better if he had to come to Rupp, and had to sit

sense of reality.

Stole the words out of my mouth
[Image:

]
Observing Wrote:Actually wouldn't it be better if he had to come to Rupp, and had to sit

sense of reality.

On the money.
Observing me and you usually don't agree on things but I do agree with you on this.
Oh boy. This should be fun lol.
Knight is a joke and always will be IMO.
Man has no respect and his obnoxious ass gets recognition for...well....being obnoxious.

IMO, theres two choices. Thousands of UK fans boycott the game, or lets enjoy it because NO MATTER where the game is at, more than likely there will be a shitload of blue there and you know they'll holler at ole Bobby boy.
I used to think he was funny watching some of his old rants and whatnot..
But now he's just an old dried up hag.

And as far as him calling the UK games, WHOOOOPTY DOO!
Don't really care, his day is over.. That's why he commentates.
Knight is more likely to vacation in Puerto Rico than he is to call a game in Rupp.
Who really gives a crap about an ALCOHOLIC drunken on air guy who has been irrelevant to college basketball for over 20 years care about what he would think about any team? He hasn't liked UK since he started coaching a milinium ago. Any one who listens to him do games and takes what he says for the truth has a big problem thinking for themselves. Bobby Knight Sucks, and always has. He was never a gracious winner and certainly not a gracious looser.
E's Army Wrote:Knight is more likely to vacation in Puerto Rico than he is to call a game in Rupp.
:Clap: We have a winner!!!
Bobby Knight who?