Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 24 Boyle County 21
panther nation Wrote:I guess Knox don't get no respect from RIUTG so being 7-0 don't count for much!! Even after beating a very good Harlan Co team. Makes me wonder just how much you know about football!!!!:please:

I never said Knox Central wasn't in the mix.
To be honest, at this point id take Knox over both of these teams as well, especially if Bolin is done.

However, Russell is the favorite IMO. The Knox Russell game will be a dandy, but from a first hand perspective, i dont see them losing to knox.
sstack Wrote:He was not even touched by the D, looked like he could not decide if he wanted to dive or slide and went down a little ackward.

So it may have been just like i said and caused by turf....
Cleats get hung up in grass all the time. Pretty sure I read something a couple of years ago that there was almost no difference in knee injuries in football but that soccer players showed a double digit percentage rise in knee injuries. Football was less than 5%. Like 3 or 4. Boyle has had one player tear an acl (while on the turf) since getting our turf 3 1/2 years ago.
^
I felt like i was getting hung up every time i played on turf, but it was mostly due to the grass cleats i was wearing
I dont understand how teams can send kids to play on turf if there wearing big mud grabbers.
russell -knox district takes these teams out this year
Hatz Wrote:Per Advocate Messenger:

BC LC
First downs 21 13
Rushes-yards 48-172 22-154
Passing 182 171
Total Net Yards 354 329
Comp-Att-Int 12-25-0 12-23-2
Fumbles-Lost 1-0 0-0
Penalties-Yards 6-35 10-95

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Boyle, Seph Burke 22-85, Lloyd Hall 17-53, Casey Whittle 5-15, Kyle Kephart 3-13, Austin Muntz 2-6. Lexington Catholic, Amoh Kumengisa 11-105, Kyle Bolin 2-26, Marcellis Logan 2-17, Malik Guidry 1-1, Reese Ryan 5-1.
PASSING—Boyle, Whittle 12-25-0-182. Lexington Catholic, Ryan 7-10-2-122, Bolin 5-13-0-49.
RECEIVING—Boyle, Hall 6-105, Josiah Robbins 3-30, Burke 1-22, Blake Mason 1-8, Kephart 1-8. Lexington Catholic, Sam Letton 2-50, David Bouvier 5-49, Kumengisa 3-33, Anthony Kersey 1-24, Casey Nash 1-15.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...7456.story
:thanks:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You'll see when there smoking an overrated Boyle and Lex Cath.

NOT once I said that Russell Co is not legit. I have said it before and I will say it again, their schedule is cupcake and they are not battle tested. In a couple of weeks, when they play Knox Central and if they should beat them, then I can say " I WILL BELIEVE ", but till then, they are just a good/ great team that beats up teams that has no winning record. As far as smoking Lex Cath... I sure hope they then smoke them, especially without their star QB.
It's official. Bolin has an ACL tear and is out for the season. Bad news for football fans and Bolin. I wish him a solid recovery and a great career at the next level.
Hatz Wrote:It's official. Bolin has an ACL tear and is out for the season. Bad news for football fans and Bolin. I wish him a solid recovery and a great career at the next level.

That is sad news. Wish for a speedy recovery. Work hard young man and be ready for next season. IMO with him not being in the lineup, Lex Cath will do just fine in the first few rounds of the playoff, but further than that.... well lets just say it's going to be tough.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I felt like i was getting hung up every time i played on turf, but it was mostly due to the grass cleats i was wearing
I dont understand how teams can send kids to play on turf if there wearing big mud grabbers.

I do understand what you are saying RIUTG I personally believe that turf has to increase knee injuries a little. I just don't think it is dramatic. Another thing is that there are many different types of turf field now as opposed to several years ago. For example, Boyle's field is made to be played with grass cleats. It is a deeper type turf made to simulate a dirt and grass field. "Turf" shoes would not work very well on it. That is one of the reasons Boyle chose the company and type of turf they did.
Kyle's dad told a friend of mine that he had talked to all the Boyle Co Coaches after the game. They came to Kyle and wished him the best and were genuinely concerned for him. He said Hester and French were the kind of coaches any parent would want their kid playing for. Also said they have the best fan base in the state. He had got to know them in the past and from the coaches,down to the fans they were a class act. Great High School football program. I will look at Boyle in a different light from here on out.
Well I didn't want to beat anybody this year as bad as I wanted to beat lex cath. Not even Highlands. That being said no matter who the opponent is and regardless of how much I don't like them or don't mind them I never want to see any player get hurt. These young men spend 12 months a year working to play 10-15 games and I hate to see any of them lose even a single game much less several or a season. Best of luck to the Bolin kid and hope for a speedy recovery. UL better honor their offer or I will hate them more than I do now.(not sure thats possible but you get my point)
Wish Bolin the best of luck in a speedy recovery.

I thought LC's backup QB looked to have a lot of potential, just looked nervous and lacking game playing time. I think the kid will do well after a couple of games under his belt.
The way these two teams are playing this year, I think Knox Central or Russell Co may come out of this region. They both are better than they were last year and Boyle and LC both seem to be off tier from last season. I am not bashing these two teams, but they usually have a team that competes for the state title, and I don't see that here this year. I think both their play has been too inconsistent to beat the good teams in the playoffs they will face in consecutive weeks. I wish playoffs would start today, I love the upsets.
HonestJohn Wrote:The way these two teams are playing this year, I think Knox Central or Russell Co may come out of this region. They both are better than they were last year and Boyle and LC both seem to be off tier from last season. I am not bashing these two teams, but they usually have a team that competes for the state title, and I don't see that here this year. I think both their play has been too inconsistent to beat the good teams in the playoffs they will face in consecutive weeks. I wish playoffs would start today, I love the upsets.

The same thing was being said about Highlands,but the thing is teams like HHS, Boyle,LC are way better than most teams even when down a tier.
64black&gold Wrote:I do understand what you are saying RIUTG I personally believe that turf has to increase knee injuries a little. I just don't think it is dramatic. Another thing is that there are many different types of turf field now as opposed to several years ago. For example, Boyle's field is made to be played with grass cleats. It is a deeper type turf made to simulate a dirt and grass field. "Turf" shoes would not work very well on it. That is one of the reasons Boyle chose the company and type of turf they did.

I see.
Ive always wondered about the different types of turf.
Obviously im not a turf expert, but ive noticed differences.
Ive seen some that look like concrete, some that look like real grass, and some that have so many little rubber pellets in them its ridicolous.
I definitely think there would be a huge difference.
HonestJohn Wrote:The way these two teams are playing this year, I think Knox Central or Russell Co may come out of this region. They both are better than they were last year and Boyle and LC both seem to be off tier from last season. I am not bashing these two teams, but they usually have a team that competes for the state title, and I don't see that here this year. I think both their play has been too inconsistent to beat the good teams in the playoffs they will face in consecutive weeks. I wish playoffs would start today, I love the upsets.

How can you say that these 2 program are off tier from last season. Have you seen who have LC and Boyle Co. have played? No one near what Russell Co have played and yet these team keep winning. Well at least LC has been. Their schedule shows powerhouse Bell, Bowling Green. Contenders in 6A Lafayette, Male, Madison Co, Cambell Co and a Tenneessee 2 times state champ Ensworth Academy. So they are battle tested. Now with Bolin out, I agree that it will be a struggle to get by some of the contenders like Russell Co, Knox Co and perhaps Boyle Co again.
FBfan4life Wrote:How can you say that these 2 program are off tier from last season. Have you seen who have LC and Boyle Co. have played? No one near what Russell Co have played and yet these team keep winning. Well at least LC has been. Their schedule shows powerhouse Bell, Bowling Green. Contenders in 6A Lafayette, Male, Madison Co, Cambell Co and a Tenneessee 2 times state champ Ensworth Academy. So they are battle tested. Now with Bolin out, I agree that it will be a struggle to get by some of the contenders like Russell Co, Knox Co and perhaps Boyle Co again.

I agree with you, Boyle and LC have played a tougher schedule then KC or Russell Co. However, the reason I say they are off tier is because last year I don't think KC or Russell Co. could have beaten either of these teams even if they played their best game all year against them. This year, I think they not only can win but have a great chance to win the region. With Bolin gone, I would say Boyle is the favorite in this region now. I guess in my mind when I hear Boyle Co I remember the two Rockcastle teams getting the crap kicked out of them in the state finals two year in a row by the "hands down" best team in the state. This years team is not the same as those teams.
HonestJohn Wrote:I agree with you, Boyle and LC have played a tougher schedule then KC or Russell Co. However, the reason I say they are off tier is because last year I don't think KC or Russell Co. could have beaten either of these teams even if they played their best game all year against them. This year, I think they not only can win but have a great chance to win the region. With Bolin gone, I would say Boyle is the favorite in this region now. I guess in my mind when I hear Boyle Co I remember the two Rockcastle teams getting the crap kicked out of them in the state finals two year in a row by the "hands down" best team in the state. This years team is not the same as those teams.

Few teams were as good as those teams. :Thumbs: