Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern vs. Letcher County Central 8/18
Southwestern vs. Letcher County Central

Saturday, August 18th, 2012 at 6 PM

Meijer/Roy Kidd Bowl at EKU

Who wins and why?
Cougars are young and really need some work. The have some talent just getting it together is going to take time. Special teams is something that have not got to work on due to trying to learn the new offense and defense altogether. Don't know much about southwestern other than they ended up very tuff last year by beating Harlan county. Middle linebacker zack Adams hurt his knee in the scrimmage for the cougars thurs night hope he's ok he is a game changer for LCC. Looking forward to watching the game at eku! Good luck cougars!
From what very little I know about these teams, it appears that both will need time to bring their game plans together. I sure hope Adams is okay, and returns quickly. I do know he is one of Letcher's foundation!

I think this will be a close game and fun to watch.

Best of luck to both, and NO INJURIES!!
termite Wrote:Cougars are young and really need some work. The have some talent just getting it together is going to take time. Special teams is something that have not got to work on due to trying to learn the new offense and defense altogether. Don't know much about southwestern other than they ended up very tuff last year by beating Harlan county. Middle linebacker zack Adams hurt his knee in the scrimmage for the cougars thurs night hope he's ok he is a game changer for LCC. Looking forward to watching the game at eku! Good luck cougars!

Southwestern is the exact same way.
Warriors by 30
If Southwestern doesn't win this one they could start out 0-3. I think the Warriors will be way down this season but I think they win this one 20-14.
Southwestern-36
LCC-22
How is letcher central looking this year?
Going with my Warriors in the season-opener.
Bigballer2011 Wrote:How is letcher central looking this year?

I've heard they are very young and they have a new coach, Paul Rains.
I look for a good game out of lcc .So with that lcc by 8
Southwestern
Southwestern - 30
Letcher - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coach Rains will have Letcher playing tuff football again. This game will be a lot closer than most think.:happytear:
I don't really know much about either of these teams although i did get to see Letcher play Franklin County last year and they almost won the game. I believe Franklin County only took over in the late 3rd or 4th quarter. Letcher having a new coach I will have to go with Letcher, but I think it will be a hard game for both teams and it will go back and forth the whole gam. Good Luck guys!!!!
Southwestern by 20. Good luck to both teams.
they will not score 20,burdine D,will not stop anyone
Hope LCC can produce on special teams and limit turnovers. If they do then they have some athletes that can make some plays. No huddle offense should be a fast paced game from the Cougars!
Southwestern 40 Letcher,Cent 26. A long season begis for the cougars and they have one of the hardest schedules in the state outside some of the bigger schools. Franklin,Co 2 D1 players, Russell,Co loaded makes a run at 4A, Breathitt,Co could go deep in 3A playoffs, not to includ southwestern.harlan,cent,whitley,co. it could be a long year at whitesburg or they think they got a very good team. or past coach
Both teams are young and IMO this should actually make for a good game but, I do think that SW is slightly better and I do think that they will win!

Sothwestern - 28

Letcher Central - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Southwestern-36
LCC-26
I think the Cougars will win this one, 21-14.
SW 12 LC 21 Long year for the Warriors
got to pull for my buddy Paul Rains go Letcher, should be a good game.
Letcher 21
SW 14