Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 region freshman that will make a impact this season
Brandon Richardson for Sheldon Clark transfer from Louisa.
What position does he play?
He Plays RB,WR,DB
There are so many things wrong with the title of this thread, but since I get what he meant, I will play along.

From Pikeville:

-Daric Pugh LB/FB
-AJ Vanderbeck LB/WR
-Issac Lucas LB/OL

These three will probably get a good amount of PT. I am very excited about the Pugh/Vanderbeck combo at LB for the Next 4 years.

Other freshman that have the potential to make an impact would be, Cody Charles at DB/WR and Kasey Tackett DB. These two will probably be behind upperclassmen to start out, just depends on their progression and the play of the guy in front of them.
Paintsville will have quite a few.
I know that Pikeville will have quite a few that will see somewhat PT and Valley will have 3 or 4 also. Really haven't heard of too many others.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Paintsville will have quite a few.

Who are they PT? From what I've heard only a few arfe playing from last years middle school team.
Austin Gibbs will miss the first few weeks for Belfry, but the kid is huge and may get some playing time. Xondre Willis goes a little small but is quick, agile, and has really worked hard this summer.
TigerBlues Wrote:Who are they PT? From what I've heard only a few arfe playing from last years middle school team.

I just assumed lol. I haven't had to much of a chance to talk to anyone Ill try to find out though. If so that is a sad deal.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I just assumed lol. I haven't had to much of a chance to talk to anyone Ill try to find out though. If so that is a sad deal.

PTF, heard that only four of the ten eighth graders are practicing from last years middle school team. You are right, so sad.
Even tho it was passing league. I saw several nice looking freshman at the pikeville college camp.
If a team have freshman playing major time on the varsity level they are in deep do-do
Wildcat man Wrote:Brandon Richardson for Sheldon Clark transfer from Louisa.
Hard to tell about Richardson. The last 2 years at Lawrence he got hurt the first game of the season and was out for most of those seasons. Last year he only played in 2 games. He is a very good athlete and like all kids has potential, not only in football but in any sport he would play. I am not sure why they would make the drive from Meadowbrook in Lawrence to Inez everyday when the LC high school is about a 1/4 mile away from his house. Good luck at your new school.
Castle Hatcher, will play a lot for Somerset. Could start at QB. Real Talent.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Hard to tell about Richardson. The last 2 years at Lawrence he got hurt the first game of the season and was out for most of those seasons. Last year he only played in 2 games. He is a very good athlete and like all kids has potential, not only in football but in any sport he would play. I am not sure why they would make the drive from Meadowbrook in Lawrence to Inez everyday when the LC high school is about a 1/4 mile away from his house. Good luck at your new school.

Wildcat man Wrote:Brandon Richardson for Sheldon Clark transfer from Louisa.

Richardson is a good player, but who is to say how he would do on a Varsity team, last year at LMS...he was hurt the first game and did not play again until the Conference Championship. At that game he did okay but did not get a lot of playing time. He also set out most of the previous season due to injury. It would be taking a chance of permanent injury for him to be put on a Varsity team. Give him a year on JV with a lot of growth and lifting he should be good as a Sophomore.
Richardson is not playing football. However Sheldon Clark does have two really good freshmen in quarterback Bryce Workman and running back Brandon Butcher. Both will start this year for coach Hager.Confusedinglepar
Garrard, Davian Logan, 6'4" 280 could be a huge asset for Garrard around playoff time.
It will depend on the health of the other players, but it's nice to have that big freshman
on the sideline ready to go. Had to throw him out there!
jw4914 Wrote:Garrard, Davian Logan, 6'4" 280 could be a huge asset for Garrard around playoff time.
It will depend on the health of the other players, but it's nice to have that big freshman
on the sideline ready to go. Had to throw him out there!

That is one really big Freshman. Good luck to him.
ballfan87 Wrote:That is one really big Freshman. Good luck to him.
And, he is quick for his size. I think that his minutes will increase as the season
progresses.