Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Holtz steps down at Covington Holy Cross
Covington Holy Cross coach Mike Holtz is stepping down. Pat Ryan will take the reigns.
One of my favorite teachers at Holy Cross. His plethora of kids are getting older and he wants to spend more time with them. Although he didn't address it, this may also do with his position as possibly becoming the principal of Holy Cross next year depending on Clay Eifert's health.

HC will be in good hands with Ryan in charge. Long time high school baseball coach and was on NKU's mens basketball staff for a number of years.
Holtzy has talked about this for the last couple of years. His kids are at a stage that he want's to spend time with them. Since they are going to Brossart, he didn't want to miss out on their activities.
Mike Holtz is stepping down as Holy Cross baseball coach after 11 seasons and will be replaced by assistant and former head coach Pat Ryan.
Holtz guided Holy Cross to a runner-up finished in the 2003 Kentucky High School Athletic Association Ninth Region Tournament and to Touchstone Energy All ‘A’ Classic Ninth Region titles in 2009 and this season.

“I felt like it was the right time,” said Holtz. “I’ve been involved with the program for 15 years in some form or fashion. I’m proud of what we accomplished. We’ve won some games along the way and had good runs in the All ‘A’, but it’s really been the relationships you develop along the way with players, parents and the coaching community that’s made it so great.”http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...306050111/
It's just been reported by Richard Skinner that Holtz has been named interim principal for the 2012-13 school year and Clay Eifert will be moving to the finance and alumni and development office.