Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team Entering This Upcoming Season
bac2369 Wrote:1A Hazard, Mayfield, Beechwood, Frankfort, Holy Cross Louisville
2A Danville, Somerset, Desales, NCC, Cov Holy Cross
3A Central, Belfry, Breathitt, Bell, Paducah Tilgman
4A Highlands, Lexington Cath, Lone Oak, Collins, Cov Cath
5A Bowling Green, Warren Central, Christian Co, John Hardin, Conner, Franklin Co, Harlan Co
6A Trinity, no one should be close...

I like this, but I also would add one to the 5A and that would be Montgomery CO. They look big and fast this year. They could very well be the sleeper in the 5A this year.
RoShamBo Wrote:I think Somerset will be better this year than last and should come out of that region again. Will they have enough to beat the NKY team though? I'm not so sure, time will tell. One thing in their favor is that region 3 will have to come South this season.
Somerset will be better than they were last year. Tyson Williams has transfered to Somerset and will be a huge asset to the program. Tyson is 6'4 245lbs. TE/LB a good player on both sides of the Ball.
Stardust Wrote:Uh no! Trinity could be better than last year!

Have heard that this year's Trinity team could be the best to ever step on a field from Ky.
Big Dog Stipe Wrote:Can't believe you left off Garrard County in 3A!

Graduated a bunch of talent.
bac2369 Wrote:1A Hazard, Mayfield, Beechwood, Frankfort, Holy Cross Louisville
2A Danville, Somerset, Desales, NCC, Cov Holy Cross
3A Central, Belfry, Breathitt, Bell, Paducah Tilgman
4A Highlands, Lexington Cath, Lone Oak, Collins, Cov Cath
5A Bowling Green, Warren Central, Christian Co, John Hardin, Conner, Franklin Co, Harlan Co
6A Trinity, no one should be close...

Can't believe Boyle getting no love in this thread from anyone !?!?!
^
Cant wait to welcome you all to Whitley County this year.
I hope we can continue the series beyond these two years.
Both teams get a different part of the state in this game, and Whitley should be much better this year and the next few years.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:In 4A russlle county will be good. but they will have to prove it in the playoffs. last year they were upset in the playoffs by Mercer County. It will be interesting to see if the could beat one of the big teams in the other district like Boyle or Lex cath

Answer is NO!!!!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:RUSSELL COUNTY RETURNS 21 OF 22 Starters!

Number of returning players does not mean squat. it's the number of QUALITY players you have returning is were it counts.
Cellking Wrote:Somerset will be better than they were last year. Tyson Williams has transfered to Somerset and will be a huge asset to the program. Tyson is 6'4 245lbs. TE/LB a good player on both sides of the Ball.

I agree. Somerset is going to be really good this year...the incoming junior class is so loaded with talent, and talent that works very hard/is self motivated at that. Storm was fantastic, but i think people will be surprised by the level of players stepping up to replace him.

And I met Tyson Williams at a few Somerset games last season when he was watching and heard he was considering a transfer there. Also that mcreary cut their football program? If he really has transferred it will be huge.
Dumpster Diving Wrote:I agree. Somerset is going to be really good this year...the incoming junior class is so loaded with talent, and talent that works very hard/is self motivated at that. Storm was fantastic, but i think people will be surprised by the level of players stepping up to replace him.

And I met Tyson Williams at a few Somerset games last season when he was watching and heard he was considering a transfer there. Also that mcreary cut their football program? If he really has transferred it will be huge.

McCreary has not cut their program as far as I know. Tyson Williams did move to Somerset. His Mother moved because of Work, she works in Somerset and I guess the 70+miles a day got to be too much. Tyson enrolled in school on the 13th of June. He will be a huge + for the Somerset Program.
FBfan4life Wrote:Number of returning players does not mean squat. it's the number of QUALITY players you have returning is were it counts.

FBfan4life Wrote:Answer is NO!!!!

I have noticed these and other post that clearly show your lack of respect for our program and the talent of our players..keep hating, use all the exclamation marks you want. I don't claim to be a Mel Kiper evaluater of High School football talent (unlike some I have seen on here) I will leave that to the college scouts and recruiters that keep showing up at our practices and games. PLEASE OVERLOOK US, UNDERESTIMATE US, AND REPOND WITH ALL ALL THE PUNCTUATION YOU CAN MUSTER TO ANYONE THAT MIGHT SUGGEST THAT WE MIGHT HAVE A GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR! It will make a deep run in the playoffs and your silence at the end of it that much sweeter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I have noticed these and other post that clearly show your lack of respect for our program and the talent of our players..keep hating, use all the exclamation marks you want. I don't claim to be a Mel Kiper evaluater of High School football talent (unlike some I have seen on here) I will leave that to the college scouts and recruiters that keep showing up at our practices and games. PLEASE OVERLOOK US, UNDERESTIMATE US, AND REPOND WITH ALL ALL THE PUNCTUATION YOU CAN MUSTER TO ANYONE THAT MIGHT SUGGEST THAT WE MIGHT HAVE A GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR! It will make a deep run in the playoffs and your silence at the end of it that much sweeter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

College scouts and recruiters? Who? All do respect sir, the topic is " Top teams entering into the season. " Russell Co who lost at home to Mercer? A team that came last team in their district? I'm sure you all have a nice team with bunch of great kids that will compete every Friday night, but to placed them in a top teams entering the 2012 season? And no I'm not Mel Kiper either. Prove us wrong by winning a 1st round playoff game, get past Boyle Co and Lex Catholic. Them Cov Cath, maybe Martha Collins and the big boy Highlands. Then we will eat our words. :dontthink
good luck to all teams!
If Tyson Williams is playing for Somerset this fall, the Jumpers will be a much better team than they are already expected to be.
Montgomery Co. will be hard to beat this fall. Franklin Co. is the team to beat in that conference. Anderson lost to many kids to graduation.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Cant wait to welcome you all to Whitley County this year.
I hope we can continue the series beyond these two years.
Both teams get a different part of the state in this game, and Whitley should be much better this year and the next few years.

I look forward to it also. We should be pretty good but thin this year. Not much depth and offense should be better. D will be good !
FBfan4life Wrote:College scouts and recruiters? Who? All do respect sir, the topic is " Top teams entering into the season. " Russell Co who lost at home to Mercer? A team that came last team in their district? I'm sure you all have a nice team with bunch of great kids that will compete every Friday night, but to placed them in a top teams entering the 2012 season? And no I'm not Mel Kiper either. Prove us wrong by winning a 1st round playoff game, get past Boyle Co and Lex Catholic. Them Cov Cath, maybe Martha Collins and the big boy Highlands. Then we will eat our words. :dontthink

Who might be your top 8 teams in 4A?
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Who might be your top 8 teams in 4A?

I just gave you 5 from my previous post, plus add Lone Oak. Top 6 and no one else comes close. A lot of good teams out there, but not the same caliber of program or players that I mentioned.
GetChili Wrote:If Tyson Williams is playing for Somerset this fall, the Jumpers will be a much better team than they are already expected to be.

His Mother and familey moved to Somerset the 1st of June. Tyson enrolled in School June 13th.
FBfan4life Wrote:I just gave you 5 from my previous post, plus add Lone Oak. Top 6 and no one else comes close. A lot of good teams out there, but not the same caliber of program or players that I mentioned.

Seriously ??? Boyle County is not CLOSE to those other 6 teams. Really?:argue:
64black&gold Wrote:Seriously ??? Boyle County is not CLOSE to those other 6 teams. Really?:argue:

Yeah Boyle Co. Unless you know something we don't. Considering your a Rebel fan. Boyle Co. will be Boyle County. They may have a down year, but that down year is a 6 maybe 7 win season and their reputation as winners and living in a town called " Title Town"....Boyle Co. will always be in the conversation as one of the top team ( 4A ).
Bourbon County will be a force to recon with in 3A.
FBfan4life Wrote:Yeah Boyle Co. Unless you know something we don't. Considering your a Rebel fan. Boyle Co. will be Boyle County. They may have a down year, but that down year is a 6 maybe 7 win season and their reputation as winners and living in a town called " Title Town"....Boyle Co. will always be in the conversation as one of the top team ( 4A ).

Boyle had a down year last year and won 9 games. Regional runner-up
Iam4thecats Wrote:Boyle had a down year last year and won 9 games. Regional runner-up

That's what exactly what I mean. Even on a down year, Boyle Co will have 6-9 win season. So yeah I pick them to be in the top team again and again along with the others that I mentioned.
JC will be in the mix in 4A mark it down.
Well, we are 2 weeks away from the opening of Football Season. I have watched Somerset Practice many times, they are getting better each day. Somerset has 20 kids that are very good players and 6 or 7 more that can play and not hurt the team. This will be a very good Football Team. Def. looks scary good, Look out in 2A Football. Somerset has both size and speed a rare combination in HS Football.